Complimentary special dining

Yesterday I booked 2 b2bs. My pvp said the booking included a complimentary dinner in one of the specialty dining venues. Not seeing that in my personalizer. Where might I see confirmation of that? Thanks.

Go into Personalizer and log in, click on manage booking for the cruise Click on boarding pass and travel summary 

Click on print travel summary - that document will list everything you are getting as a package on the cruise .  it is all listed under special services

Edited by Denmal
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1965 said:

Yesterday I booked 2 b2bs. My pvp said the booking included a complimentary dinner in one of the specialty dining venues. Not seeing that in my personalizer. Where might I see confirmation of that? Thanks.

also note if you get "assigned" a dining venue and time that it 'may' be able to be changed by going to a specialty restaurant on boarding day

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, voljeep said:

also note if you get "assigned" a dining venue and time that it 'may' be able to be changed by going to a specialty restaurant on boarding day

Thank you for the info!

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

1 hour ago, 1965 said:

Thank you for the info!

You will likely have a card in your cabin telling you what venue and what night you have specialty dining. You can call to change it if you like. For instance, if you are "assigned" Sabatini's and want Crown Grill instead it's easy to change. It's also easy to change to a different night. Don't procrastinate though. If you wait too long to make the changes you may be told that your choice of day and time isn't available. (Been there, done that...)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GonzoWCS said:

Great support of folks here.  Thanks for working as a team.  Can't wait to get back out there and toast y'all!

Cheers

I so agree. This is such a nice, helpful group. ♡

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, charlie murphy said:

Is specialty dining in one of specialty venues a perk, night one of the cruise if in a suite?

Yes, it has to be over 5 days to receive the specialty dining perk.  We were able to change it to the second night of the cruise as the first night was completely booked.  I don't think they will allow you to push it out much further than that, though ... but, never say never.  With the free perk being added to many sailings, they might be booked more solidly than you'd normally see.  Maybe?  They do run that special from time to time and I think they are, at least when they start back up, going to try to space people out in the MDR. Thus, they may need more venues to seat people as sharing tables with strangers will probably be discouraged.  

• Thanks 1

charlie murphy;  if you are in a full suite;  you have specialty dining on night one of cruise;  you can choose which venue to dine in.  On Caribbean Princess my choice was Sabbitini's or Crown Grill

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Yes, it has to be over 5 days to receive the specialty dining perk.  We were able to change it to the second night of the cruise as the first night was completely booked.  I don't think they will allow you to push it out much further than that, though ...

The reason they made this perk for first night only is that night was usually one very poorly attended with many people tired from traveling and some others wanting to meet their main dining room companions and waitstaff.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, caribill said:

The reason they made this perk for first night only is that night was usually one very poorly attended with many people tired from traveling and some others wanting to meet their main dining room companions and waitstaff.

Exactly!  There were no times left on the first night for our group of four at the Crown Grill so, they allowed us to go the following night.  So, I guess they we able to fully book that first night ..but you are right, it’s usually pretty empty that first night.  We are not fans of Sabatini's .. at least I am not.  So, we were happy to get our perk meal in the Crown Grill.  

Now, it seems as though the reservations are only for two times in the evening ... that was our experience the last couple of times we went.  It was something like 5:15 and 7:30.  No 6:00 or 6:30 pm reservations available...but that was only at the Crown Grill.  

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Cruise Raider;  I was like you and did not like the menu at Sabbtini's;  however, they have a new menu on the new ships;  so I may give it a try if I book a Royal Class ship in the future. 

All Princess ships with Sabatini's have now changed to the Sabatini's Trattoria menu. Three ships have no Sabatini's, Emerald & Ruby with SHARE and Majestic with Harmony. 

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Cruise Raider;  I was like you and did not like the menu at Sabbtini's;  however, they have a new menu on the new ships;  so I may give it a try if I book a Royal Class ship in the future. 

I didn't like much of anything they served to me with the exception of their zucchini starter.  My DH didn't think his meal was too bad but he eats meat and I do not.  This was the one and only time I tried it and it was supposedly with the new menu.  But, if there is a different one on the Royal class menu, I can certainly take a peek at their menu.  We were also there with a diabetic and she didn't want all the carbs.  I know there are things you can order without pasta but that was her reason for not wanting Italian food.  Honestly, the other one in our group is really picky and can't imagine there was anything on that menu that would appeal to her.  She looked at it and wrinkled her nose.  Off to the CG we went!!  

Edited by Cruise Raider

2 hours ago, skynight said:

All Princess ships with Sabatini's have now changed to the Sabatini's Trattoria menu. Three ships have no Sabatini's, Emerald & Ruby with SHARE and Majestic with Harmony. 

I did supposedly order off the new menu ... or so I was told. It was back in Oct 2019 so maybe you'd know if that was true or not.  And it was on the Grand so, my only options were the Crown Grill or Sabatini's.  

Edited by Cruise Raider

Cruise Raider;  you had the new menu if you sailed last October.  I know Caribbean Princess has the same menu that you had.  I myself love carbs; but diabetics have to watch theirs.  Crown Grill is always a great option.  Happy New Year

We also have the specialty dining perk on our cruise.  We board on the 20th and our Anniversary is the 23rd will we have any problems using it at the Crown Grill that night?  If so I will just book and pay for it early.  What about NYE do they take advance reservations for that night?   I haven't tried to book it just wanted to see if they could/would bump us we are in a mini suite so not sure if full suites would get priority.

Based on what I am reading above, it sounds like the special dining perk, like from the current Best Sale Ever package cannot be scheduled in advance? Like when you make your final payment? You really have to wait until boarding to find out where/when Princess scheduled you? Seem odd.......

Doug

14 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

I’m a vegetarian, has anyone listed vegetarian in their profile and then was still assigned The Crown Grill?

I’m not a huge fan of steak houses for obvious reasons.  

Crown Grill is a Seafood and Steak place.  Just google Princess Crown Grill menu and you will see it. If you don't eat fish then you might have a problem.