Ruby Princess

Ondine

15 hours ago, robncruise said:

My  post was referring to the 8 March -  to 19 March Ruby  cruise  (not the one which disembarked on 8 March) . I was on. the  8 -19 March cruise and  I was clarifying time frames mentioned in an earlier post yesterday and confirm again  we berthed in Sydney at 2am on Thursday 19th March.  This was the final Ruby Princess cruise.

Yep - Aus Traveller has already posted this, but thanks for that. 👍

• 2 weeks later...

I recently sent an email to NSW Govt asking what was happening with the police investigation since it has now been 10 months since it commenced. Here is the answer - 

I refer to your email to the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, the Hon David Elliott MP, concerning the Special Commission of Inquiry into the Ruby Princess. The Minister has asked the Department of Communities and Justice to respond on his behalf.
The matters raised in your correspondence are noted. The Minister is unable to intervene in police operational matters. These matters are the responsibility of the Commissioner of Police.
I have taken this opportunity to forward a copy of your correspondence to the NSW Police Force regarding the questions you have raised.
I can advise that the report of the Inquiry into the Ruby Princess has been made available to the general public at https://www.dpc.nsw.gov.au/publications/special-commissions-of-inquiry/the-special-commission-of-inquiry-into-the-ruby-princess/.
If you would like to enquire about obtaining a hard copy of the report, you can contact the Department of Premier and Cabinet at https://www.dpc.nsw.gov.au/contact-us/contact-the-department-of-premier-and-cabinet/.
Thank you for raising this matter with the Minister.
Yours sincerely
Briefings & Correspondence
Law Reform & Legal Services
9 February

My comment on this is I DID NOT ask about the Special Commission of Inquiry into the Ruby Princess. I asked about the police investigation Strike Force Bast so why they decided to answer about the Special Commission is pure government deflection IMO. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cruisegroover said:

I recently sent an email to NSW Govt asking what was happening with the police investigation since it has now been 10 months since it commenced. Here is the answer - 

I refer to your email to the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, the Hon David Elliott MP, concerning the Special Commission of Inquiry into the Ruby Princess. The Minister has asked the Department of Communities and Justice to respond on his behalf.
The matters raised in your correspondence are noted. The Minister is unable to intervene in police operational matters. These matters are the responsibility of the Commissioner of Police.
I have taken this opportunity to forward a copy of your correspondence to the NSW Police Force regarding the questions you have raised.
I can advise that the report of the Inquiry into the Ruby Princess has been made available to the general public at https://www.dpc.nsw.gov.au/publications/special-commissions-of-inquiry/the-special-commission-of-inquiry-into-the-ruby-princess/.
If you would like to enquire about obtaining a hard copy of the report, you can contact the Department of Premier and Cabinet at https://www.dpc.nsw.gov.au/contact-us/contact-the-department-of-premier-and-cabinet/.
Yours sincerely
9 February

My comment on this is I DID NOT ask about the Special Commission of Inquiry into the Ruby Princess. I asked about the police investigation Strike Force Bast so why they decided to answer about the Special Commission is pure government deflection IMO. 

Was it signed by Sir Humphrey?😉

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Was it signed by Sir Humphrey?😉

The respondent indicates a copy of your correspondence re your questions asked has been forwarded to the NSW Police Force. Who knows when you will get a reply.

Often better results are achieved when one writes to one's local state member who forwards it onto the relevant Minister, in this case Minister for Police, David Elliott.

It then becomes a 'red ministerial file' and is tracked electronically from office to office. Hard to lose, lol. I despised handling those.

I agree it would be good to find out result of NSW Police investigation.👮‍♂️

Edited by NSWP

13 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The respondent indicates a copy of your correspondence re your questions asked has been forwarded to the NSW Police Force. Who knows when you will get a reply.

Often better results are achieved when one writes to one's local state member who forwards it onto the relevant Minister, in this case Minister for Police, David Elliott.

It then becomes a 'red ministerial file' and is tracked electronically from office to office. Hard to lose, lol. I despised handling those.

I agree it would be good to find out result of NSW Police investigation.👮‍♂️

I

I do intend to write to others but I am not expecting any positive answers in the short term. In saying that I could be 'pleasantly surprised'.

In answer to did Sir Humphrey sign it - no name was on the email. In my day of working in ministerial units someone always signed correspondence even if it was an electronic type signature. Things have changed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruisegroover said:

In answer to did Sir Humphrey sign it - no name was on the email. In my day of working in ministerial units someone always signed correspondence even if it was an electronic type signature. Things have changed.

Whenever I receive correspondence from my superannuation fund managers it always has an electronic squiggle at the end.  Never a name our phone number other than the customer service help desk which refuses to put you through to the relevant department.

So I always address my letters - Dear Mr Squiggle.  They are probably too young to remember him!  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

lol, I think this matter and investigation findings (if any) will be buried along with all the other things that they want forever forgotten.

Perhaps an FOI is needed, although most incriminating evidence would have been shredded by now.

Could still be simmering on the back burner, Mic.

12 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They are having problems tracing the sneezing waiter!

More like the investigation overtime largesse has dried up. Slow motion now. 

Edited by NSWP

15 hours ago, NSWP said:

The truth is out there, Michael Fuller said.👮‍♂️

The NSW authorities - Health Department and Police - would know the country where the COVID virus on the Ruby Princess originated (determined by genomic sequencing). This has not been revealed, but if it was Asia (indicating it could be a crew member) we would have heard the result very early on. My money would be on USA or UK. There were around 900 people who came from those countries where the virus was spreading in the community, unlike Aust where it was not.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The NSW authorities - Health Department and Police - would know the country where the COVID virus on the Ruby Princess originated (determined by genomic sequencing). This has not been revealed, but if it was Asia (indicating it could be a crew member) we would have heard the result very early on. My money would be on USA or UK. There were around 900 people who came from those countries where the virus was spreading in the community, unlike Aust where it was not.

USA is my bet.

• Like 1

lol you people still going lol   does it matter where it came from .  maybe the gov and cruise ship companies  wants it forgotten but the people dont forget .  the police report will come out after the election nobody will be charged or held accountable .  port authority has to hold some blame as well .

On 2/10/2021 at 10:58 AM, Cruisegroover said:

Yours sincerely
9 February

dont hold ya breath ,  if its anything like the gov's port botany report it will be all redacted or just a merry go round report

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

USA is my bet.

My husband was checking his medical chart on line to make sure the date of his first covid vaccine was put on and came across a doctor notation from back in March.  Diagnose positive covid: origin Australia.  

Actually it was that "double transplant" lady who got sick on day three/four and never went to the doctor and never isolated in her cabin.  But she will sue Princess for her pain and suffering because it was their fault.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, in rod we trust said:

lol you people still going lol   does it matter where it came from .  maybe the gov and cruise ship companies  wants it forgotten but the people dont forget .  the police report will come out after the election nobody will be charged or held accountable .  port authority has to hold some blame as well .

Rod baby where you been.

I thought you hated Royal Caribbean.

Don't go bad mouthing Princess,they haven’t got a sense of humour.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

My husband was checking his medical chart on line to make sure the date of his first covid vaccine was put on and came across a doctor notation from back in March.  Diagnose positive covid: origin Australia.  

Actually it was that "double transplant" lady who got sick on day three/four and never went to the doctor and never isolated in her cabin.  But she will sue Princess for her pain and suffering because it was their fault.  

Well it would be origin Australia as you caught it on Ruby but Australia had no cases in the community at that time so the double-transplant lady probably also caught it onboard, maybe on the first day. 

Were they actually doing genome tracing that early on?