Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

16 minutes ago, Lindypops said:

Looking at all these ships doing seacations makes me wonder how they are going to fill them all.

my partner has decided he does not want to risk going  on a ship , yet he is prepared to go on a golf trip in July with 3 other men staying in a caravan, sharing a kitchen , toilet and shower 😡

so I looked at the single rates they are all 200%. Maybe the rates will reduce as time goes on?

Have you checked the MSC prices, think they are less than 200% for single.

1 hour ago, kernow said:

Have you checked the MSC prices, think they are less than 200% for single.

We have done over 30 cruises and Have  had a bad experience with MSC and Costa would not go with either of them again.

23 minutes ago, Lindypops said:

We have done over 30 cruises and Have  had a bad experience with MSC and Costa would not go with either of them again.

Shame. Their new ships are stunning. DH had a disastrous experience on his one and only MSC cruise and said he would never go on them again.... but he’s “forced” himself to come on Virtuosa in 2 months.  And he’s going to try YC next year. So never say never....!

6 minutes ago, little britain said:

Shame. Their new ships are stunning. DH had a disastrous experience on his one and only MSC cruise and said he would never go on them again.... but he’s “forced” himself to come on Virtuosa in 2 months.  And he’s going to try YC next year. So never say never....!

Have heard the only way to go with MSC is to go Yacht club.

1 hour ago, Lindypops said:

Different strokes for different folks 😀.

We've done 2 MSC (not Yacht Club) and 2 Costa and enjoyed both lines. in fact we've also done over 30 cruises on various lines and never had a really bad experience. I guess we've been lucky.

15 minutes ago, kernow said:

Different strokes for different folks 😀.

We've done 2 MSC (not Yacht Club) and 2 Costa and enjoyed both lines. in fact we've also done over 30 cruises on various lines and never had a really bad experience. I guess we've been lucky.

Worst experience we had was when we sailed with Ocean Village (anyone remember that cruise line?) back in 2007. We were ‘adopted’ by a large family group who drank copious amounts of alcohol at all times of the day and night. They saved us seats on the pool deck and in the entertainment venues in the evening. It got that bad that we used to hide from them if we could! 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CaroleC said:

Worst experience we had was when we sailed with Ocean Village (anyone remember that cruise line?) back in 2007. We were ‘adopted’ by a large family group who drank copious amounts of alcohol at all times of the day and night. They saved us seats on the pool deck and in the entertainment venues in the evening. It got that bad that we used to hide from them if we could! 😂

We had a similar experience on a costa cruise , we were put on a table for 8 with a group of 6 friends who got up between every course and went outside for a smoke .When they came back the stunk of smoke so we asked to be moved . We got a table with a couple who had had a major row and were not speaking to each other. They refused to move us again .

The buffet was closed in the evenings so there was no where else to get food. 😨

• Haha 2

So I just completed the survey that everyone who booked has been emailed. I wasn't sure of it's intentions. It asked about what restrictions do you expect etc and I wasn't sure if it was what restrictions would you like? Preferably as little as possible but I know there must be restrictions.

However I am in a younger age group being someone who is vaccinated in their 20s. It asked alot of questions trying to work why I booked and why I want to go on holiday.

On 4/10/2021 at 12:40 PM, Lindypops said:

Looking at all these ships doing seacations makes me wonder how they are going to fill them all.

Quite simple - they'll try to market them as nothing more than 'booze cruises' for hens n stag parties!

They'll also know that the status chasers will grab away at the C&A points (double points too, assuming they're still available) ... 

They won't struggle filling the cabins ...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ZiggaZagga17 said:

Quite simple - they'll try to market them as nothing more than 'booze cruises' for hens n stag parties!

They'll also know that the status chasers will grab away at the C&A points (double points too, assuming they're still available) ... 

Really

1 hour ago, ZiggaZagga17 said:

RCI learned the hard way re allowing large groups of the same sex on the ship out of Southampton  .  We got off a Transatlantic once and the next cruise was a 4 nighter , as we were waiting at the train station to go home a group of  loud , lewd women carrying an inflatable penis got off a train heading for the ship! Apparently it was bedlam with security on that short trip. It is one of the reasons RCI no longer sell drinks packages on the short trips . 
Another time a group of women got upgraded to a Royal family suite with concierge lounge access , they were dressed as nuns on formal night , the stories go on . 

Edited by heatherb1958
  • Haha 1

On 4/10/2021 at 4:06 PM, little britain said:

Yes - it beats any suite experience on RCI.. private lift, private lounge, private dining room, private sun deck and pool, drinks package throughout the ship....

All that privacy sounds like the last 12 months. I’d like to see people 😊

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ZiggaZagga17 said:

It's true most hen and stag weekends are going to be in UK this year. My son should of got married last year but now it's Aug this year and he thinks the stag do will be in UK. So it is a possibility some could  book these seacations but I think its unlikely. 

Edited by sgmn

1 hour ago, little britain said:

We have coped without international travel since Jan 2020, think we will survive a few more months with what we have planned  here in the UK to tied us over . My fear right now is travelling somewhere and someone flicking a switch overnight and cancelling entry in to the country I am aiming for . We still have a river cruise booked for September rescheduled from April last year , not even thinking about it , Germany is still a mess and so is Europe with their vaccination programme , we will wait for 2022 thank you. 

19 hours ago, sgmn said:

It's true most hen and stag weekends are going to be in UK this year. My son should of got married last year but now it's Aug this year and he thinks the stag do will be in UK. So it is a possibility some could  book these seacations but I think its unlikely. 

They've just offered free cabins to Bluelight card holders too - well a draw, but if you're both holders like we are then there's double the chance!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

RCI learned the hard way re allowing large groups of the same sex on the ship out of Southampton  .  We got off a Transatlantic once and the next cruise was a 4 nighter , as we were waiting at the train station to go home a group of  loud , lewd women carrying an inflatable penis got off a train heading for the ship! Apparently it was bedlam with security on that short trip. It is one of the reasons RCI no longer sell drinks packages on the short trips . 
Another time a group of women got upgraded to a Royal family suite with concierge lounge access , they were dressed as nuns on formal night , the stories go on . 

Yeah I agree .. and being a cruiser back in the days where they didn't offer packages on cruises that started or finished in the UK - the biggest difference is they've had no cash through the tills for 12 months or so ... They won't care one jot if similar turned up at Soton!

3 hours ago, Thewild_cruiser said:

Disney have reduced the embarkation ports from 4 to 2. Liverpool and Southampton. Still no prices... although live for castaway members to book now. 

It has not opened for Castaway club members today as previously planned, and there are also rumours that the whole thing is being pulled.