Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

2 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I never had trust in all those apps. I am an old school person. I feel more confident walking into a reception or captains office to settle things down. I mean the app is a good addition to an old school walking practise but I still find it more reliable to have a face to face conversation in case of any problems 

If I had an issue I would just phone the Captain and tell him what time to come and see me.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, theborders said:

Just arrived in Southampton for our Britannia cruise on the 1st can see Iona from the hotel bar saw Celebrity & Queen Victoria as well 

Iona is due to leave port tomorrow (30th June) at 23:00. According to Cruisemapper she'll be back to start her 7 day Round British Isles starting 7th August. Not sure what she's up to between now and then.

55 minutes ago, Bertie Doe said:

Iona is due to leave port tomorrow (30th June) at 23:00. According to Cruisemapper she'll be back to start her 7 day Round British Isles starting 7th August. Not sure what she's up to between now and then.

She is back in Southampton on the 2nd July. The Southampton cruise schedule shows her in quite frequently between now and August!

55 minutes ago, Bertie Doe said:

She is due into Southampton multiple times before that date, including the Carnival staff and special guests for a 'test cruise'

Check out Southampton VTS for movements and arrivals, although all are subject to change.

https://www.southamptonvts.co.uk//Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

I understand from previous posts that if you are parking with CPS at Southampton docks you go to a drive through testing centre at the docks and then wait in your car until a negative test is confirmed.  What happens if you are not parking there?  Do you leave your taxi and go into the terminal to be tested, or do you have to wait outside until a negative test is confirmed after being tested?  

Edited by tring

18 minutes ago, tring said:

I understand from previous posts that if you are parking with CPS at Southampton docks you go to a drive through testing centre at the docks and then wait in your car until a negative test is confirmed.  What happens if you are not parking there?  Do you leave your taxi and go into the terminal to be tested, or do you have to wait outside until a negative test is confirmed after being tested?  

I’m sure I read, if arriving by taxi/on foot, you go to the terminal as normal. You will be tested there… and no, you won’t have to wait outside!

Have a great time,

David

3 minutes ago, luv2cruzuk said:

I’m sure I read, if arriving by taxi/on foot, you go to the terminal as normal. You will be tested there… and no, you won’t have to wait outside!

Have a great time,

David

Thank you.  I thought that would be the case, but nice to know someone has reported that being the case 🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bertie Doe said:

Thanks will try to watch her leaving

9 hours ago, jaydee6969 said:

She is due into Southampton multiple times before that date, including the Carnival staff and special guests for a 'test cruise'

Check out Southampton VTS for movements and arrivals, although all are subject to change.

https://www.southamptonvts.co.uk//Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

Ah, thx for that handy link, it's now saved to fave's. Looking at Southampton youtube livecam, she looks pretty deserted' maybe just routine maintenance peeps on board. Mind you, the Seacations are a month away but as you say, the test cruise will need some more crew. Unless they have to bring their own sandwiches. Are Test cruises free to Jo Public? or is it TA's and journalists only?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bertie Doe said:

Ah, thx for that handy link, it's now saved to fave's. Looking at Southampton youtube livecam, she looks pretty deserted' maybe just routine maintenance peeps on board. Mind you, the Seacations are a month away but as you say, the test cruise will need some more crew. Unless they have to bring their own sandwiches. Are Test cruises free to Jo Public? or is it TA's and journalists only?

I'm not sure to be honest, however our friend was invited but they work for Carnival and tried to see if they could get us on board but no joy.  Not available to buy a cabin as far as I know.

On another thread it was mentioned about MSC changing their cruises to match new government guidance on vaccinated passenger limits being raised to 50% and not capped at 1000.

I have not found any official government guidance as yet, however stumbled upon the artical below which states from P&O:-

P&O Cruises said it was “considering the options” as news of the policy change emerged.

A spokesperson for the line said: “We are aware of the updated government guidance regarding the number of guests permitted on the UK coastal cruises this summer and we are considering the options.

“Should there be any change to our current stance then we will advise guests accordingly.”

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/cruise/msc-updates-virtuosas-vaccination-policy-to-allow-more-passengers

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tring said:

Thank you.  I thought that would be the case, but nice to know someone has reported that being the case 🙂

Someone on the first cruise indicated that those arriving at the terminal kept their luggage until they received a negative test, only then did you hand it over to the porters.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

On another thread it was mentioned about MSC changing their cruises to match new government guidance on vaccinated passenger limits being raised to 50% and not capped at 1000.

I have not found any official government guidance as yet, however stumbled upon the artical below which states from P&O:-

P&O Cruises said it was “considering the options” as news of the policy change emerged.

A spokesperson for the line said: “We are aware of the updated government guidance regarding the number of guests permitted on the UK coastal cruises this summer and we are considering the options.

“Should there be any change to our current stance then we will advise guests accordingly.”

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/cruise/msc-updates-virtuosas-vaccination-policy-to-allow-more-passengers

I wondered if P&O would change their policy because a cruise I looked at a few weeks ago was showing sold out but now it’s back for sale, very tempted but reluctant to book as I was bumped of my July4th cruise and I really don’t want  to be bumped off again and have another disappointment 

37 minutes ago, Bertie Doe said:

. Looking at Southampton youtube livecam, she looks pretty deserted' maybe just routine maintenance peeps on board. Mind you, the Seacations are a month away but as you say, the test cruise will need some more crew.

I believe that some have just finished their ten day quarantine in a hotel. 

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Someone on the first cruise indicated that those arriving at the terminal kept their luggage until they received a negative test, only then did you hand it over to the porters.

Thanks, that is useful to know. 

We need to book parking for a Princess cruise in October and we are thinking that another Carnival line in Southampton will be following the same protocols (poss Gov guidance).  We are considering parking4 cruises, so I would need to be dropped off with luggage to wait outside the terminal until DH has parked the car, then we can go in together with all luggage.

37 minutes ago, tring said:

Thanks, that is useful to know. 

We need to book parking for a Princess cruise in October and we are thinking that another Carnival line in Southampton will be following the same protocols (poss Gov guidance).  We are considering parking4 cruises, so I would need to be dropped off with luggage to wait outside the terminal until DH has parked the car, then we can go in together with all luggage.

We have used P4C many times and have been very pleased with them but if your cruise is 7 days or less it might be worth checking CPS website because they are a lot cheaper for our 7nt cruise on Regal Princess in September than P4C.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

We have used P4C many times and have been very pleased with them but if your cruise is 7 days or less it might be worth checking CPS website because they are a lot cheaper for our 7nt cruise on Regal Princess in September than P4C.

Thanks, but ours is 14 nights and cps is more than £40 more.  Not used them before, but fully refundable and I have often seen them suggested here.

4 hours ago, tring said:

Thanks, but ours is 14 nights and cps is more than £40 more.  Not used them before, but fully refundable and I have often seen them suggested here.

Trying, did you contact P4C by phone or book online?  I have a credit with them so will need to ring them and wondered how contactable they were.

4 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Trying, did you contact P4C by phone or book online?  I have a credit with them so will need to ring them and wondered how contactable they were.

Not booked as yet and may leave a while as we do not cruise until 22nd October, but looks like it can be done online. 

DH has just said the he had seen a few reviews which did indicate they are not easy to contact by phone, especially the mobile number they give, but he is not clear exactly what the reviews said, so do not take my word for that.