Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

Presumably the ships will still have to keep cabins free in case people need to be isolated,I really hope they won't sail  more than two thirds full but will cruise even if they are full.

12 minutes ago, amfc_lenny said:

Sadly I suspect they will be more than 2/3s full, we’re booked for early sept on Britannia and expecting probably 3000 by then.

If it’s poor weather I suspect the atrium may get rather crowded! 

I've paid for a balcony and will be using it...even if I have to take my yachting jacket and trousers!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I'll be on mine too even if it's two jumpers weather.  I'll have a glass or two, and sort out a few crosswords, and relax and watch the sea. 

We were lucky enough to get a conservatory cabin so  it will be interesting how that works out too.

Can't wait!!!

• Like 1

As someone who will be boarding Celebrity Silhouette in two days time , I have been following Celebrity threads on the forum and from what I can see it appears Celebrity have issued emails this morning cancelling their sailings to Europe on 4th and 18th September.   I am desperately hoping that P&O will not be doing the same as like many of you who are booked to sail in September we should be on Britannia for the 25th September sailing.  Ours is to Spain and Italy.  
So it’s now fingers firmly crossed that P&O will hold fire and not decide to follow suit and cancel their sailings to Europe.  We will be so disappointed if they cancel.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BestGuessed said:

As someone who will be boarding Celebrity Silhouette in two days time , I have been following Celebrity threads on the forum and from what I can see it appears Celebrity have issued emails this morning cancelling their sailings to Europe on 4th and 18th September.   I am desperately hoping that P&O will not be doing the same as like many of you who are booked to sail in September we should be on Britannia for the 25th September sailing.  Ours is to Spain and Italy.  
So it’s now fingers firmly crossed that P&O will hold fire and not decide to follow suit and cancel their sailings to Europe.  We will be so disappointed if they cancel.

Yes they need to hold on as things are changing so much , daily let alone weekly .

Wonder how Britannia's social distancing will stand up on Sunday 11th sailing now that England have made the football final or indeed how it will pan out for those onboard who will want to watch the game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Wonder how Britannia's social distancing will stand up on Sunday 11th sailing now that England have made the football final or indeed how it will pan out for those onboard who will want to watch the game.

I was wondering the same thing, and of course sailing with increased capacity too.

8 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

They showed the match on Sunday in 4 venues, and limited the numbers, maybe they will increase the number of venues. It will be on the cabin tv anyway.

15 hours ago, kevcharben said:

I have bit the bullet and replaced my cancelled Cunard Cruise with a 4 night trip on Britannia, which leaves the day before.

Lets hope this one doesnt go the same way.

I think the only way Covid can get on Britannia now is if a passenger brings it on as crew aren't allowed off, so fingers crossed for you

17 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Can't wait to see those views of Southampton and the ship again person.  9 weeks to go!

Thanks for posting

Unfortunately we don't go on a cruise until October 2022, but it's good to see them back. The atrium on Britannia looked lovely.

Here is another video I have just finished watching, it has a bit more around the ship. Someone earlier asked about the hydrotherapy pool, it says on this one it's not open. Unfortunately the video is in portrait mode, so that spoils it a little bit, just a narrow view. 

Edited by emam
spelling
  • Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 12:55 PM, lindylooellalouise said:

Our August 6th Cunard cruise has just been cancelled 😞 really hope they manage to get the virus under control and no one is seriously ill.

I’m so sorry Lindylooellalouise that you’ve had another staycation cruise cancelled, it’s a real shame the crew have caught COVID let’s hope ( I think you have another one booked correct me if I’m wrong) that nothing stops that one and we both eventually get to go away for a few days 

3 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

I’m so sorry Lindylooellalouise that you’ve had another staycation cruise cancelled, it’s a real shame the crew have caught COVID let’s hope ( I think you have another one booked correct me if I’m wrong) that nothing stops that one and we both eventually get to go away for a few days 

Hi Purdey that was my third cancelled staycation 😰I keep rebooking and they keep getting cancelled I’m almost afraid to get excited about my next one on the 18th July🤞🏻🤞🏻Then Aug 21st on Iona 🙏I suppose I’m lucky that we’re able to rebook at short notice. 

• Like 2

Good you have two more in the pipe line to look forward to , we only have 1 now on September 17 th a( princess) since all the cancellations we’ve had 11 cancelled now , our first proper restart cruise will be on  Iona in February canaries, then April celebrity to Japan 🥴

• Like 1

We’re a 3 hour drive away from Southampton and although we’ve got a late check in we’re going to set off early just to be on the safe side.

We can always go for lunch somewhere nearby.

I just wondered though, if we got to the terminal before our check in time would they let us on or make us wait in the terminal building?

10 minutes ago, The Med said:

We’re a 3 hour drive away from Southampton and although we’ve got a late check in we’re going to set off early just to be on the safe side.

I just wondered though, if we got to the terminal before our check in time would they let us on or make us wait in the terminal building?

Our check in is at 1.45. We will arrive as close as we can to 1.45. If the traffic is kind and we get to Southampton early, we will sit in the park , have a coffee and watch the ships and leave to arrive at the mayflower terminal at 1.45. If everyone decides to arrive when they feel like it ,things may get a little chaotic. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, The Med said:

Interesting point.  Does anyone know whether Caribean + tier status pax still had priority boarding or did they have to stick with their allocated time?

We're hotelling it the night before and going by train, so will be getting booted out 12:00 at the latest and going straight to the terminal.