The elephant in the room..

1 hour ago, MRVEGAS711 said:

Good! All the unvaccinated people can go find those cruises and go wild.

For the record, I'm not arguing for or against the vaccine (I'm vaccinated), merely pointing out that fully unvaccinated ships are not floating death balls.  If we really want to debate "vaccines required" vs not, all we need to do is look at the boats currently out on the water..

• Like 5

3 hours ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

There have been cruise ships sailing for months with unvaccinated passengers that haven’t lead to mass outbreaks and death...

Seems selective data? Singapore is also only sailing with citizens, though idk maybe vaccinated.

Which other successful cruises are sailing not with only citizens and unvaccinated so we can know what you talking about. Israel will be only vaccinated.  I'm just unaware of these successful unvaccinated cruises.

All the rcl newly proposed are all for vaccinated. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Seems selective data? Singapore is also only sailing with citizens, though idk maybe vaccinated.

Which other successful cruises are sailing not with only citizens and unvaccinated so we can know what you talking about. Israel will be only vaccinated.  I'm just unaware of these successful unvaccinated cruises.

And Royal Caribbean has been getting backlash as people post on Facebook that they will not sail on them if vaccines are required. (The article also says that those RCL Singapore cruises are not requiring vaccinations.)

Royal Caribbean Faces Boycott Calls as Only Vaccinated Adults Allowed on Cruise Ships (newsweek.com)

9 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

And Royal Caribbean has been getting backlash as people post on Facebook that they will not sail on them if vaccines are required. (The article also says that those RCL Singapore cruises are not requiring vaccinations.)

Royal Caribbean Faces Boycott Calls as Only Vaccinated Adults Allowed on Cruise Ships (newsweek.com)

As above if the only successful cruise you can name is the ones out of Singapore they are only open to citizens of Singapore where covid positive cases are very low. And they are cruises to nowhere so have no ports they stop at.

I think the reaction to vaccinations is mixed as there are a lot who also say unless it's all vaccinated they wouldnt cruise. Let those who are vaccinated cruise imo and if you want to boycott and stay home it's ok too. Better safe than sorry to start off imo. These first cruises need to be safe. Children only need negative test to board. There have been enough vaccination threads, it's been discussed to death pro and con. Personally I couldnt wait and pushed to be among the first. I breathed a sigh of relief when I got mine.  If you cant or dont want to early cruises arent for you. No one will know why you didnt book. There is a bigger group who wouldnt go except on fully vaccinated..rcl sent out a survey. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

As above if the only successful cruise you can name is the ones out of Singapore they are only open to citizens of Singapore where covid positive cases are very low. And they are cruises to nowhere so have no ports they stop at.

I think the reaction to vaccinations is mixed as there are a lot who also say unless it's all vaccinated they wouldnt cruise. Let those who are vaccinated cruise imo and if you want to boycott and stay home it's ok too. Better safe than sorry to start off imo. These first cruises need to be safe. Children only need negative test to board. There have been enough vaccination threads, it's been discussed to death pro and con. Personally I couldnt wait and pushed to be among the first. I breathed a sigh of relief when I got mine.  If you cant or dont want to early cruises arent for you. No one will know why you didnt book. There is a bigger group who wouldnt go except on fully vaccinated..rcl sent out a survey. 

I tend to agree that more will not go unless vaccinations are require. I think the anti-vaxxers are just more vocal.

• Like 9

Like everything else, since this is more emotional driven than facts, simply pointing to successful cruises that have taken place since the pandemic has hit, doesn't matter. Whatever protocols they are using doesn't matter. We are emotional and facts don't matter. lol!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

Like everything else, since this is more emotional driven than facts, simply pointing to successful cruises that have taken place since the pandemic has hit, doesn't matter. Whatever protocols they are using doesn't matter. We are emotional and facts don't matter. lol!

You want to see emotions running wild, rcl put up some changes to loyalty perks late yesterday and took it down hours later due to the outcry.

Temporary changes I saw, boarding by time with the Caribbean cruises departing at 930 (ie not loyalty priority first). Gifts not left in cabins, to cut down on more steward exposure its supposed), capacity controlled diamond lounge, AND give everyone 5 (d an d+), or 6 (pinnacle) drink vouchers to use anytime all day. Not even doing away with the lounge, just capacity controlled and giving people more vouchers to drink anywhere any time of the day. Plus a new $25 food credit.

Lol the thread is on page 19 started late yesterday and on other sites. Crazy. Some are up in arms their all night as many free drinks as they can consume might be threatened. ..though since pinnacles can still use suite lounge, it's only diamonds and diamonds plus might be cut due to capacity controls. Lol I want to know who will stand at the door enforcing this. He better be strong willed.

People have nothing else to do but fight lol without even seeing the new protocols at work. Personally I'd be happy with more free drink coupons added daily to my seapass card and the $25 toward food. But admit I dont drink much. Lovely thread there too. Same posters arguing. I'm for letting things play out and see. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It’s my understanding that cruises have been going since before the vaccines were even available...

In Florida, we've had 9 major theme parks running, packed by the way for months, and there is no zombie apocalypse.  In fact, Florida is doing better than most states at this point.

And don't try the 35% thing, I go pretty much every day and the parks are are allowing 35% of maximum capacity but operating at maybe 50% capacity.  The midways, restaurants etc are just as crowded at any pre-nonsense day.

The CDC's motivations are not the C & P.  They're just incompetent cronies too afraid their reputation will be tarnished if someone gets the sniffles on a cruise ship.  They don't care one whit about the hardship they've caused, they all still have their cushy jobs.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

It’s my understanding that cruises have been going since before the vaccines were even available...

Only the cruises to nowhere out of singapore. Here is the list of rcl, and china is iffy. Bear in mind this is only rcl, for instance celebrity announced out of st. Marteen starting in june. Israel is thrilled to have a really nice ship all to themselves. They have asked forever for a ship from israel.

Quantum of the Seas: 3/4 day cruises to nowhere out of Singapore.

Voyager of the Seas: 3/4/5 cruises from Tianjin, China beginning in late May.

Spectrum of the Seas: 4/5/7 day cruises from Shanghai beginning in late May.

Odyssey of the Seas: 7 day cruises from Haifa, Israel beginning in May.

Adventure of the Seas: 7 day cruises from Nassau beginning in June.

Vision of the Seas: 7 day cruises from Bermuda beginning in June.

Jewel of the Seas: 7 day cruises from Limassol, Cyprus beginning in July.

5 hours ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

There have been cruise ships sailing for months with unvaccinated passengers that haven’t lead to mass outbreaks and death...

With masks and other protocols. Other countries don't seem to have an issue following simple instructions. I think all from countries that have lock downs when necessary.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Only the cruises to nowhere out of singapore. Here is the list of rcl, and china is iffy. Bear in mind this is only rcl, for instance celebrity announced out of st. Marteen starting in june. Israel is thrilled to have a really nice ship all to themselves. They have asked forever for a ship from israel.

Quantum of the Seas: 3/4 day cruises to nowhere out of Singapore.

Voyager of the Seas: 3/4/5 cruises from Tianjin, China beginning in late May.

Spectrum of the Seas: 4/5/7 day cruises from Shanghai beginning in late May.

Odyssey of the Seas: 7 day cruises from Haifa, Israel beginning in May.

Adventure of the Seas: 7 day cruises from Nassau beginning in June.

Vision of the Seas: 7 day cruises from Bermuda beginning in June.

Jewel of the Seas: 7 day cruises from Limassol, Cyprus beginning in July.

I believe that MSC cruises have been cruises too. RCL stated that they have already sailed with over 100,000 passengers with just 10 ppl that tested positive. That is what you call a fact, not an emotional plea. LOL!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Radiioman46 said:

I believe that MSC cruises have been cruises too. RCL stated that they have already sailed with over 100,000 passengers with just 10 ppl that tested positive. That is what you call a fact, not an emotional plea. LOL!

I think the comparison is rather stark. Carnival states they have no plans to sail from other ports, while the other lines are getting creative and starting. 

Maybe 15 years go when I bought 100 shares of so of both rcl and ccl, ccl was ahead of rcl in price. Ccl has gone nowhere hardly in 15 years but rcl was like over $140. Rcl stock is still ahead of ccl. That's also a fact. Ccl doing  nothing while  ncl and rcl restart so american cruises can go on vacation. .. there might be a good reason rcl stock has outperformed ccl. 

I like both cruiselines np, just not liking this do nothing attitude. I agree it is the elephant in the room.

3 hours ago, boatseller said:

In Florida, we've had 9 major theme parks running, packed by the way for months, and there is no zombie apocalypse.  In fact, Florida is doing better than most states at this point.

And don't try the 35% thing, I go pretty much every day and the parks are are allowing 35% of maximum capacity but operating at maybe 50% capacity.  The midways, restaurants etc are just as crowded at any pre-nonsense day.

Oh my.....!!!  

As of March 22, (over the last seven days), Florida has had the most Covid-19 cases IN THE COUNTRY, according to data from the (CDC), the 12th highest per capita case-rate, the fourth highest number of deaths, and the 17th highest death rate.

😷

Edited by ObstructedView2
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

For the record, I'm not arguing for or against the vaccine (I'm vaccinated), merely pointing out that fully unvaccinated ships are not floating death balls.  If we really want to debate "vaccines required" vs not, all we need to do is look at the boats currently out on the water..

Just a matter of time. Keep playing Russian roulette long enough and eventually the wheel gun will go BOOM. 

• Like 2

No tests result in no cases. I think that approach has been tried before.

We have already read some threatening to forge vaccination documents which really is an issue in some countries. I can see that as an issue on vaccinated cruises.

Totally unvaccinated cruises, without numerous safeguards, were death traps.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/06/covid-19-cruise-ship-studies-reflect-unique-disease-traits

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

Just a matter of time. Keep playing Russian roulette long enough and eventually the wheel gun will go BOOM. 

We’re now a year into covid, and cruising has been going on since November..

This isn’t Russian roulette, it’s a virus, with predictable spread.  If the boom was going to happen on a cruise ship, we probably would have seen it.

The  nonvaxers  may cause a new mutation that the present vaccines cannot it beat.  It is a race against time.  People apparently need to be incentivized in order for us to reach here immunity and safety.  I am one who will be on the vaccinated cruise.  Allowing unvaccinated people on will not do anything to motivate people to get the vaccine and they need to for the rest of us.  So many people on here refer to not allowing the unvaccinated to cruise as though it is an inalienable right.  If you want to cruise, get the vaccine.  I read that it Israel there are several places and events that one is only allow if they can show proof of vaccinated.  Everyone inside feels very safe!   Sounds good to me.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ellaleah said:

The  nonvaxers  may cause a new mutation that the present vaccines cannot it beat.  It is a race against time.  People apparently need to be incentivized in order for us to reach here immunity and safety.  I am one who will be on the vaccinated cruise.  Allowing unvaccinated people on will not do anything to motivate people to get the vaccine and they need to for the rest of us.  So many people on here refer to not allowing the unvaccinated to cruise as though it is an inalienable right.  If you want to cruise, get the vaccine.  I read that it Israel there are several places and events that one is only allow if they can show proof of vaccinated.  Everyone inside feels very safe!   Sounds good to me.

I see similar things written in nearly every thread on this forum and I think we need to clear something up.

Viruses mutate independent of vaccine rates.

The virus didn’t mutate because your friend chose not to get vaccinated, it was going to mutate anyway, it’s literally what viruses do.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

I see similar things written in nearly every thread on this forum and I think we need to clear something up.

Viruses mutate independent of vaccine rates.

The virus didn’t mutate because your friend chose not to get vaccinated, it was going to mutate anyway, it’s literally what viruses do.

There can’t be new variants if the viruses have no place to go.  That is exactly why we need everyone possible to get vaccinated and people who refuse to do so should not be rewarded allowing them to cruise.

• Like 10

7 hours ago, boatseller said:

The CDC's motivations are not the C & P.  They're just incompetent cronies too afraid their reputation will be tarnished if someone gets the sniffles on a cruise ship.  They don't care one whit about the hardship they've caused, they all still have their cushy jobs.

False. Florida still has a testing positivity rate of over 10%, which places Florida pretty high on the list for cases. That also doesn't include the spring break idiots that took covid home to other states as a souvenir. 

• Like 12