Enchanted Princess starts with 7-night cruises out of Piraeus, Athens this summer!

The Port of Piraeus EXCEL spreadsheet dated yesterday 4/24/21 shows Enchanted Princess at Terminal B every Sunday from July 4 until Nov 14, 2021. I don't know what others are looking at but this appears to be the "official" berth reservation data. Also, it is true, that Princess staff in Santa Clarita will not confirm this as yet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NavArch64 said:

The Port of Piraeus EXCEL spreadsheet dated yesterday 4/24/21 shows Enchanted Princess at Terminal B every Sunday from July 4 until Nov 14, 2021. I don't know what others are looking at but this appears to be the "official" berth reservation data. Also, it is true, that Princess staff in Santa Clarita will not confirm this as yet.

And checking the Port of Civitavecchia site now shows Enchanted is off the schedule. Princess just charged my EZ Air balance for late July round trip to Rome. They really do need to figure this out!

Hmm, we just booked for October 24, 2021 -- 11 night Barcelona to Rome on the Enchanted Princess.  No stops in Athens--It does stop in Corfu.  Thankfully did Princess EZ Air so can change if necessary.  Will definitely hold off on before/after hotels.

Edited by Luvsparties

1 hour ago, Luvsparties said:

Hmm, we just booked for October 24, 2021 -- 11 night Barcelona to Rome on the Enchanted Princess.  No stops in Athens--It does stop in Corfu.  Thankfully did Princess EZ Air so can change if necessary.  Will definitely hold off on before/after hotels.

That sounds lovely! If we knew it was going to happen, we might switch.

On 4/28/2021 at 10:54 AM, Luvsparties said:

We are also booked on this cruise. Had planned to arrive a day early and booked a hotel in Barcelona which we have now canceled. We did change date for EZ Air and will fly in the day of embarkation if all is a go.

On 4/25/2021 at 12:39 PM, NavArch64 said:

As of 4/28/21, same berth reservation data for embarkation at Terminal B in Piraeus. Could be wrong, but ????

19 hours ago, NavArch64 said:

The mystery deepens ... Enchanted Princess is currently underway for Augusta in Italy (on Sicily) to join Regal Princess according to marinetraffic.com.

She's been doing that run along with the Regal and Sky at separate times  about every 10 days or so for the last two months.. The difference now is all three ship are on the move at the same time to Augusta ...  (maybe boarding new crew ?, maybe required Covid enhancements ? obviously reprovisioning and fuel, but what else ?... )

Something new is up 

Enchanted Princess is bunkering at anchor at Augusta (IT). Regal Princess has left ... Sky Princess is waiting her turn, drifting toward Augusta (IT). Looks like there is a big Exxon (Esso) refinery there. Must be a good price on marine diesel.

From what I've read, the ships need to go to sea every so often to do "marine functions". One I've seen mentioned is desalinating sea water for use onboard requires the ship to be underway. 

According to marinetraffic.com Enchanted Princess is heading back to Cyprus. Sure looks like her first voyage will be July 4 out of Piraeus. See record just copied from EXCEL spreadsheet dated today.

B KANELLOS ENCHANTED PRINCESS   7/4/2021 3:00 7/4/2021 20:00  
Edited by NavArch64

45 minutes ago, NavArch64 said:

According to marinetraffic.com Enchanted Princess is heading back to Cyprus. Sure looks like her first voyage will be July 4 out of Piraeus. See record just copied from EXCEL spreadsheet dated today.

B KANELLOS ENCHANTED PRINCESS   7/4/2021 3:00 7/4/2021 20:00  

Sad or odd: the Princess website has the Enchanted departing Rome on July 3, at sea on the 4th, and arriving in Corfu, Greece on the 5th.

I agree with many Folks postings about Enchanted Princes showing on the Piraeus web site. I too have printed the Excel worksheet. THE BIG HOWEVER: Seeing it is almost the middle of May and no Med sailings out of Italy have been canceled. Princess would have to set up a whole new web site literary page  for the new Athens sailings. NEXT: With only a month before the July Athens cruises, it in my humble opinion would be a real stretch to get folks to buy in and change air and hotel reservations. not to mention sale of new bookings.  On other sailings, Princess booked similar cruises for 2022 for those who want them. But, I feel most people will request a FCC or refund. I am banking the the Enchanted Princess will be sailing out of  Spain and Italy. We are on an October 2021 cruise and hope I 'am right.

Here are the facts:

Per the official Piraeus/ Athens port site, the Enchanted Princess is there on the following dates, none of which match the Princess site in which Piraeus/ Athens is on the itineraries.

July 4, 11, 18, 25

August 1,8,15, 22, 29

September 5, 12, 19, 26

October 10, 17, 24, 31

November 14

On the Princess website, the Enchanted is in Piraeus/ Athens on:

October 16 for October 2 and 13 itineraries

November 9 for a November 4 itinerary

On November 15, the Enchanted departs from Barcelona for a TA

3 minutes ago, kjg46 said:

I agree with many Folks postings about Enchanted Princes showing on the Piraeus web site. I too have printed the Excel worksheet. THE BIG HOWEVER: Seeing it is almost the middle of May and no Med sailings out of Italy have been canceled. Princess would have to set up a whole new web site literary page  for the new Athens sailings. NEXT: With only a month before the July Athens cruises, it in my humble opinion would be a real stretch to get folks to buy in and change air and hotel reservations. not to mention sale of new bookings.  On other sailings, Princess booked similar cruises for 2022 for those who want them. But, I feel most people will request a FCC or refund. I am banking the the Enchanted Princess will be sailing out of  Spain and Italy. We are on an October 2021 cruise and hope I 'am right.

We are booked for Oct 24,  RT Barcelona. We have canceled flight and hotel for day before are have flight scheduled to arrive Oct 24. Not sure about this one!

2 hours ago, maggie777 said:

We are booked for Oct 24,  RT Barcelona. We have canceled flight and hotel for day before are have flight scheduled to arrive Oct 24. Not sure about this one!

The Enchanted is in Athens on October 24th. It would be nice if we (the paying customers) would demand that Princess be up front about this.

I think what everyone is missing here is that the Athens port reservations may be a BACKUP plan and Princess (Carnival Corp) is still trying to operate from Rome as planned if at all possible this summer, but if they can't they want to have space to dock in Athens.  Why cancel the Rome sailings if they don't have to?  Once it's determined that Rome is a 100% no go then they will announce a redeploy.  Each cruise line is different in it's passenger base and Princess specifically carry far more UK/EU passengers than sister brand Holland America (which just announced 4 new sailings for Eurodam from Athens in August/September). 

The logistics of changing a homeport are not as simple as pulling up to the dock and ordering a grocery delivery on the Kroger app .......

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I think what everyone is missing here is that the Athens port reservations may be a BACKUP plan and Princess (Carnival Corp) is still trying to operate from Rome as planned if at all possible this summer, but if they can't they want to have space to dock in Athens.  Why cancel the Rome sailings if they don't have to?  Once it's determined that Rome is a 100% no go then they will announce a redeploy.  Each cruise line is different in it's passenger base and Princess specifically carry far more UK/EU passengers than sister brand Holland America (which just announced 4 new sailings for Eurodam from Athens in August/September). 

The logistics of changing a homeport are not as simple as pulling up to the dock and ordering a grocery delivery on the Kroger app .......

AtlantaCruiser72- With all due respect, the following "evidence" does NOT support the idea that Athens is a Back Up Port!

Per the official Piraeus/ Athens port site, the Enchanted Princess is there on the following dates, none of which match the Princess site in which Piraeus/ Athens is on the itineraries.

July 4, 11, 18, 25

August 1,8,15, 22, 29

September 5, 12, 19, 26

October 10, 17, 24, 31

November 14

19 minutes ago, nini said:

AtlantaCruiser72- With all due respect, the following "evidence" does NOT support the idea that Athens is a Back Up Port!

July 4, 11, 18, 25

August 1,8,15, 22, 29

September 5, 12, 19, 26

October 10, 17, 24, 31

November 14

Those show dates that Carnival Corp (Princess) has reserved berthing space at Port of Piraeus for Enchanted Princess.  Until Princess announce actual itineraries, and the cancellation of Rome departures,  it IS a backup plan.  If they do not need the berthing space at Piraeus, they will cancel it with the Port.  Port schedules can and do change frequently as cruise lines adjust their plans.  Things are still very much in flux in Italy and Princess are obviously holding out as long as possible to try and honor the current schedule they have published and are selling from Rome.

I often will make a backup plan if I think my original plan will not work out.  This may include making reservations at a hotel/resort/cruise that I may later cancel if needed.  I have done just this for fall of 2022 - booked Westerdam Transatlantic, but booked a Princess Partial canal transit as a backup.  Many others have, and are doing the same.  Why should a company like Princess be any different?

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Those show dates that Carnival Corp (Princess) has reserved berthing space at Port of Piraeus for Enchanted Princess.  Until Princess announce actual itineraries, and the cancellation of Rome departures,  it IS a backup plan.  If they do not need the berthing space at Piraeus, they will cancel it with the Port.  Port schedules can and do change frequently as cruise lines adjust their plans.  Things are still very much in flux in Italy and Princess are obviously holding out as long as possible to try and honor the current schedule they have published and are selling from Rome.

Except that the port schedule does not show space reserved for Enchanted Princess on the dates that the current Princess itineraries show it in Piraeus (Athens) such as 10/16 for the 10/13 cruise out of Rome. For 10/16, it shows seven other ships at Piraeus. Perhaps it is a backup plan but if the current Princess published cruises do happen, then it appears other itinerary changes will be needed to make them happen.

I don't know if this says anything or not, but when checking for a mediterranean cruise in August from US website all August 2021 is available. However, from one European website, where I can actually proceed and make payments (not possible through the US website from Scandinavia) the earliest possible date to book is 31st August. 

In the UK and waiting to see where we can fly without having to quarantine on return.  At the moment Greece isn’t on the green list of countries.  
Not sure how this would effect insurance cover.  
The list will be reviewed every 3 weeks which leaves changes in travel plans right down to the last minute.