Enchanted Princess starts with 7-night cruises out of Piraeus, Athens this summer!

23 minutes ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

No but Greece depends on tourism so this is inevitable...

Vaccinated tourism is the future of International travel, it seems Greece is  ahead of the curve by excepting it early on 

7 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Today it was Enchanted Princess's turn to be registered in the official schedule of Piraeus, Athens port.

7-night cruises from the 4th of July until the 14th of November 2021.

Can you provide a  link?  My October cruise still shows as 11 days.  I found one port schedule that showed it there on Oct 16 but no other date in October.

I’m not sad to have my Rome July cruise changed to Athens - curious what the new itineraries will be. Are there any cruise lines allowing back to back or longer than 7day cruises? I’m wondering if I can still get 14 days sailing this year. 

5 hours ago, dickinson said:

Thanks. Seems like my 11 day cruise will be changed to only seven 😩

3 hours ago, ChangeOrder said:

I’m not sad to have my Rome July cruise changed to Athens - curious what the new itineraries will be. Are there any cruise lines allowing back to back or longer than 7day cruises? I’m wondering if I can still get 14 days sailing this year. 

I have not seen the details.

Do we know if non-EU residents will even be allowed on these cruises?

4 hours ago, ChangeOrder said:

I'm in the exact same position with out 10th July cruise. I didn't much like the itinerary but just wanted to have a holiday. If it's true and we sail from Athens around the Greek islands then that is a right result. Really hope it happens and can still be for 14 nights.

• Like 1

Nothing changed on Princess website regarding the move from Italy to Greece Ports for the Enchanted Princess. I have three cruises booked that would be impacted. Any thoughts what would happen if an 11 day cruise was reduced to 7 days? Would one be able to cancel and get their deposit back? 

I'm on Enchanted TA Nov. 15th, Barcelona to Ft. L, plus prior 11 day Nov. 4th, Rome to Barcelona with a stop in Athens, Nov. 9th.   If this is the case (7 days), Princess hasn't adjusted anything . . . yet.  I'm wondering if the port in Athens has this information correct, not seeing it anywhere else.

In the past it has taken several days for the Princess web site to update after we all knew what was happening; the Discovery cancellations being my personal experience. If this Athens thing is legit, then it tracks that the website wouldn’t be updated yet. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, caribill said:

I have not seen the details.

Do we know if non-EU residents will even be allowed on these cruises?

Greece is allowing travelers in now from pretty much everywhere. I don’t expect the cruise would be any different. What IS likely is that the available ports the ship can go to will be changed or limited. If they dropped Rome, then possibly these cruises can’t go to Italian ports at all? Could this mean that I get Istanbul back in a cruise itinerary?!

We are booked on the Sept 18 7 d RT from Civitavecchia. The Piraeus port authority website shows Enchanted Princess with an embarkation on Sept.19. I called the Princess 1-800 number and the agent had no info. Clearly the Rome departures are probably no go if the Athens switch is legit. How long do you think it will take before Princess notifies us?

16 minutes ago, NavArch64 said:

We are booked on the Sept 18 7 d RT from Civitavecchia. The Piraeus port authority website shows Enchanted Princess with an embarkation on Sept.19. I called the Princess 1-800 number and the agent had no info. Clearly the Rome departures are probably no go if the Athens switch is legit. How long do you think it will take before Princess notifies us?

We are on the Enchanted on September 25, Of course we would want to know sooner than later if it is cancelled.

I’ve just looked at the Civitavecchia port schedule for July and Enchanted Princess appears only once on 17 July.

Clearly there are changes afoot which I doubt Princess will formalise for another month.

Our final payment due date is 11 May. The first cruise originally scheduled from Civitavecchia was 3rd July making final payment due on 4th May.

Regardless of when an announcement is made I will pay the balance when due and hope the Athens change happens.

54 minutes ago, Esprit said:

I’ve just looked at the Civitavecchia port schedule for July and Enchanted Princess appears only once on 17 July.

Clearly there are changes afoot which I doubt Princess will formalise for another month.

Our final payment due date is 11 May. The first cruise originally scheduled from Civitavecchia was 3rd July making final payment due on 4th May.

Regardless of when an announcement is made I will pay the balance when due and hope the Athens change happens.

Just as long as you do not expect your Civitavecchia booking, if cancelled by Princess,  would be automatically transferred to one from Athens.

What would likely happen is that you would be given a choice of a refund or FCCs and then have to make a new booking for an Athens cruise at whatever price is offered for it.