Enchanted Princess starts with 7-night cruises out of Piraeus, Athens this summer!

5 minutes ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Ok, i understand your point. But from now on there is a strong probability that in the future there will be last minute changes and the customers will be in the dark. It good to have an inside view of what their plans are. In other similar threads like this, no people wrote that they called the company because of port listings that indicate changes. It just helps them to their planning and they await for official confirmation.

I think most of us can easily deal with a port change, however, these were complete overhauls. Directly impacting an embarkation port is an expensive and challenging nightmare for most; cancelling and re-booking air, hotel, ground transportation, pre-cruise tours. For us, Greece was definitely NOT on our wish list.

• Thanks 1

A quick check says all Enchanted Princess cruises for 2021 are now unavailable to book. Only Caribbean cruises starting in November are available.

My opinion is all those cruises out of Rome and a few fall cruises out of Barcelona are in the process of being cancelled. As for what Enchanted Princess will do, it may be nothing or it may be 7-night cruises out of Piraeus but Princess asked the Port of Piraeus to remove the listings until Princess officially announces it (I did see HAL announced Greek Isles cruises out of Piraeus earlier this week for summer and fall so likely that Princess will do the same).

You are, of course, entitled to your own opinion as to what is happening. We’ll know better when Princess officially announces it.

If Princess cancel the Civitavecchia embarkations and announce Piraeus instead then we will rebook.

i was never keen on the current itinerary after our original Enchanted cruise was cancelled last October.

If we can sail to Mykonos, Santorini and Crete I’ll be very happy.

4 hours ago, Esprit said:

If Princess cancel the Civitavecchia embarkations and announce Piraeus instead then we will rebook.

i was never keen on the current itinerary after our original Enchanted cruise was cancelled last October.

If we can sail to Mykonos, Santorini and Crete I’ll be very happy.

I always admired your optimism, but did you really ever think your cruise was likely to take place ?

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I always admired your optimism, but did you really ever think your cruise was likely to take place ?

I, for one, really believed that this planet would be able for cruising to begin again mid to late this year.

I paid the balance yesterday for this July’s cruise expecting it to be cancelled so I’m not surprised.

As much as I was keen to sail on Enchanted Princess I will happily take the replacement cruise option aboard Regal next summer with my preferred itinerary.

The cost difference for next summer’s cruises is quite significant too, so I’m not upset at all.

i hope others (in the same boat!) see the brighter side.

• Like 2

Just now, Esprit said:

I paid the balance yesterday for this July’s cruise expecting it to be cancelled so I’m not surprised.

As much as I was keen to sail on Enchanted Princess I will happily take the replacement cruise option aboard Regal next summer with my preferred itinerary.

The cost difference for next summer’s cruises is quite significant too, so I’m not upset at all.

We are also taking the similar option for 2022. Those are already nearly booked up! Well, cancellation #8 (or was it 9?) is in the can. More time to lose weight and save up!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Seems to me you played a very canny game, and came out on top!

For those that are familiar with doing this, how do you pick your cabin on the replacement cruise?  I just filled out the online form for a replacement cruise but it didn't ask me what cabin I wanted.  I studied the currently available cabins in my category to know what to pick but alas was not asked.  Are we now a guarantee?

For those of us who posted earlier on this thread about Enchanted Princess voyages this summer and fall, it turns out many of us were correct. Princess tried to figure it out and couldn't .... finally, they gave up. Certainly, we who are booked on a ship have every right to ask questions about our sailing under these challenging circumstances. At least, Santa Clarita finally answered our questions

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dickinson said:

For those that are familiar with doing this, how do you pick your cabin on the replacement cruise?  I just filled out the online form for a replacement cruise but it didn't ask me what cabin I wanted.  I studied the currently available cabins in my category to know what to pick but alas was not asked.  Are we now a guarantee?

When I had my Scandinavia cruise cancelled and swapped to next year, there was no option, and then, a few days later, my original cabin appeared on my new booking on my account page. No notification or anything . I heard those who couldn't be accomodated, in originally booked cabin, were contacted to discuss options 

48 minutes ago, rumbalizw said:

When I had my Scandinavia cruise cancelled and swapped to next year, there was no option, and then, a few days later, my original cabin appeared on my new booking on my account page. No notification or anything . I heard those who couldn't be accomodated, in originally booked cabin, were contacted to discuss options 

Was just going to ask about that. It looks like the same cabin on the replacement voyage we are looking at is already booked. One of us would have to change. I am willing to except a free upgrade😊.

The other question is on the OBC promotions, will they transfer also?

Edited by Musky Ike

2 hours ago, dickinson said:

Yesterday, I called my TA and Princess told her that EVERYONE has to fill out the form. They are to give you the same cabin category and the promotions you booked for the same price. We are giving it a try to transfer everything. However, we were booked next door to my sister and BIL and some of the balconies are smaller in the same category. At least the same price is great, because currently, the same cabin category is about $1000.00 more than what we booked it for.

My TA said that Princess is unsure how long this will all take.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Was just going to ask about that. It looks like the same cabin on the replacement voyage we are looking at is already booked. One of us would have to change. I am willing to except a free upgrade😊.

The other question is on the OBC promotions, will they transfer also?

. I didnt have any myself but I'd hope they will do that 

Does anyone have an educated guess why Princess has canceled the entire Med season for 2021? We were booked for September 18th and very much looking forward to our first cruise in 1.5 years. 

Europe will reopen for travel over land or air by July (mostly internal EU + maybe UK, Israel etc). So it makes zero sense in my eyes. Plus Aida, Tui, MSc are alle going forward with their plans. 

Is it the lack of an EU customer base or a to US-centered approach? 

Edited by Longimanus
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Longimanus said:

Does anyone have an educated guess why Princess has canceled the entire Med season for 2021?

So far the Sky Med cruise departing October 22nd has not been cancelled.

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2021 at 12:59 PM, lstone19 said:

A quick check says all Enchanted Princess cruises for 2021 are now unavailable to book. Only Caribbean cruises starting in November are available.

My opinion is all those cruises out of Rome and a few fall cruises out of Barcelona are in the process of being cancelled. As for what Enchanted Princess will do, it may be nothing or it may be 7-night cruises out of Piraeus but Princess asked the Port of Piraeus to remove the listings until Princess officially announces it (I did see HAL announced Greek Isles cruises out of Piraeus earlier this week for summer and fall so likely that Princess will do the same).

You are, of course, entitled to your own opinion as to what is happening. We’ll know better when Princess officially announces it.

And Princess Has announced cancellations as of last Wednesday. See the Princess website for the

correct information.

• Thanks 1

Europe is slowly opening, but mostly for Europeans only. U.S. travelers are still restricted in most of Europe except Eastern Europe. Britain is still closed to U.S. without 10 day quarantine. We were booked on Enchanted July 3 -24 and I was worried how we were going to get to the ship and then back home. (How to get 
 a 72 hour test before we arrive back in the U.S.). Just transiting through England was iffy. I expected the cancellation, but still disappointed. 9 cruises cancelled so far. 

• Like 1