Carnival’s CEO states that they will not require vaccinations

Prismism

1 minute ago, cruiseracer said:

Negative. I'll make this crystal clear for you. If Princess, Princess UK, Princess-anything, Carnival and/or ANY other cruiseline decides that ONLY vaxxed can cruise with them - it then becomes my (and only MY) decision to do so. Your opinion matters none to me. Are you able to comprehend that fact? 

Which political party does RCI and Celebrity belong to since they require adults to be vaccinated and kids to be tested negative?

Which political party does NCL belong to since they require all people on board to be vaccinated, thus eliminating kids?

I ask this because you're the one that brought politics to the table.

7 minutes ago, cruiseracer said:

Then you have a decision to make. If all cruiselines require you to be jabbed - you decide how important cruising is to you.

That is not what his decision is unless idiot Arnold Donald changes his stance.  If Carnival and possibly MSC decide that jabs are not required, then you and all of the others on the opposite side of the line have your choices limited to 2 if you wish to cruise.  He is worried that since all of the unvaccinated can't cruise on all of the other lines, then their choices will be limited and thus the percentage of unvaccinated cruisers on Carnival will increase.  Even though he is already vaccinated, this will still possibly increase the chance of him catching Covid and because of this will possibly force him to choose another cruise line or another vacationing method.

7 minutes ago, cruiseracer said:

Then you have a decision to make. If all cruiselines require you to be jabbed - you decide how important cruising is to you.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I am vaccinated.  And a line, lets say Carnival, says vaccination is not required, then non vaccinated people, lets say, that would normally sail on Norwegian or RC would flock to Carnival and upset the herd immunity hence causing some sort of major issue on a cruise..  This is my concern,  But yes that would be when I would decide that it wasn't worth the risk on Carnival and head to another line.  But you had asked for a concern with covid and cruising and that is my only concern. If the ship could maintain herd immunity then I have no issue.  

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

Which political party does RCI and Celebrity belong to since they require adults to be vaccinated and kids to be tested negative?

Which political party does NCL belong to since they require all people on board to be vaccinated, thus eliminating kids?

I ask this because you're the one that brought politics to the table.

More deflection. Circling back to the thread topic: What is your biggest fear about covid and cruising? 

That is not what his decision is unless idiot Arnold Donald changes his stance.  If Carnival and possibly MSC decide that jabs are not required, then you and all of the others on the opposite side of the line have your choices limited to 2 if you wish to cruise.  He is worried that since all of the unvaccinated can't cruise on all of the other lines, then their choices will be limited and thus the percentage of unvaccinated cruisers on Carnival will increase.  Even though he is already vaccinated, this will still possibly increase the chance of him catching Covid and because of this will possibly force him to choose another cruise line or another vacationing method.

Set aside your middle-school emotions and re-read the reply. It is choice-based by each individual. You remember - my body, my choice...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mredandchis said:

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I am vaccinated.  And a line, lets say Carnival, says vaccination is not required, then non vaccinated people, lets say, that would normally sail on Norwegian or RC would flock to Carnival and upset the herd immunity hence causing some sort of major issue on a cruise..  This is my concern,  But yes that would be when I would decide that it wasn't worth the risk on Carnival and head to another line.  But you had asked for a concern with covid and cruising and that is my only concern. If the ship could maintain herd immunity then I have no issue.  

EXACTLY! YOU are provided the situation and risk - make YOUR decision. It's not rocket science - really it's not.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cruiseracer said:

Set aside your middle-school emotions and re-read the reply. It is choice-based by each individual. You remember - my body, my choice...

You have your choice to not get vaccinated just like your daughter has a choice to get an abortion.  I get it.  Thanks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

You have your choice to not get vaccinated just like your daughter has a choice to get an abortion.  I get it.  Thanks

And yet another deflection. Why do you oppose basic human choice? Why is controlling others so important to you? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cruiseracer said:

It's a telling situation when someone refuses to answer the basic question: What is your biggest fear about covid and cruising? 

Control freaks will never answer, only admonish and deflect. 😉

Yup.  There is a Berserk One who trolls here - never provides anything substantive, "Prove it" is his last name, ignores facts, etc.  Argues like a 3rd grader.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, mredandchis said:

I think its safe to say that a vax optional cruise would end up with a large contingent of folks with natural immunity from prior infection.  The folks that are least afraid of Covid are frequently those that have already had it.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, cruiseracer said:

It's a telling situation when someone refuses to answer the basic question: What is your biggest fear about covid and cruising? 

Control freaks will never answer, only admonish and deflect. 😉

I know you asked for my biggest fear, but if it is alright, I would prefer to mention a few of my lesser fears first.

I fear that less ports will be open to cruise ships when proof of vaccination is not required. I fear that if there were to be a Covid outbreak that there would be a decent chance of having everyone quarantined in their cabins during the cruise and that the cruise might be cut short. I fear that we will need to be wearing maks for longer than need be. Heck, I fear that  without vaccines required that it will be a longer time before the return of 24/7 soft-serve ice cream, line dancing with a thousand other cruisers, and feeling comfortable hugging the new friends I make.

My BIGGEST fear is that if there are serious outbreaks exascerbated by people who are not vaccinated   and because of that cruising is forced to shut down again,that the already near bankrupt cruise lines will no longer exist.  

• Like 5

On 4/21/2021 at 9:26 PM, BlerkOne said:

For grins, I checked on the requirements for the Princess UK cruises that will start in the near future. Vaccines are required. Apparently no exemptions for any reason. I like the rationale for why they are requiring vaccines for passengers:

Are your Summer Seacation voyages only available to vaccinated guests?
Yes - Given the advanced progress of the UK vaccination programme, and strong expressed preference on the part of our guests for this limited series of UK cruises, these sailings on Regal and Sky Princess will be for UK resident Covid-19 vaccinated guests only.

For these cruises the definition of “vaccinated” is a minimum of seven days following the second dose of the currently approved Covid-19 vaccines being administered. Proof of vaccination and the dates given will be required (approved forms of evidence will be confirmed closer to time of departure) and this will be required to be shown at the terminal prior to boarding. Failure to provide this evidence will result in denial of boarding. There is no age restriction on this series of UK coastal cruises but all guests of all ages must meet the requirements of the Princess Covid-19 vaccination policy.

1. Are there any guidelines for seeing the sights ashore?
    For the time being, you will only be able to go ashore on shore excursions that are researched and organized by Princess Cruises. Port transfer and shore experience operators will be subject to new policies and procedures to reflect the latest approved guidance in line with our on-board protocols, and will comply with all local guidance relating to social distancing and face masks.

I wish they would require a vaccine to board any passenger ships.  That way you don't have to worry about outbreaks on the ship and you don't have to see someone wearing a don't tread on me speedo.  Win win.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, vicky3vicky said:

I know you asked for my biggest fear, but if it is alright, I would prefer to mention a few of my lesser fears first.

I fear that less ports will be open to cruise ships when proof of vaccination is not required. I fear that if there were to be a Covid outbreak that there would be a decent chance of having everyone quarantined in their cabins during the cruise and that the cruise might be cut short. I fear that we will need to be wearing maks for longer than need be. Heck, I fear that  without vaccines required that it will be a longer time before the return of 24/7 soft-serve ice cream, line dancing with a thousand other cruisers, and feeling comfortable hugging the new friends I make.

My BIGGEST fear is that if there are serious outbreaks exascerbated by people who are not vaccinated   and because of that cruising is forced to shut down again,that the already near bankrupt cruise lines will no longer exist.  

lesser fears?   no such thing, these are important to you.  

Less ports is a definite possibility,  or even a port that is having its own issues.  No port in the caribbean has beat the virus yet.  

sigh quarantines.   They did that early pandemic but they have been sailing during the pandemic without vaccines and are not having quarantines. But alas we dont know what the plan will be.

Masks,  i dont like them.  I think they will start with them on day 1.  Hopefully medical grade masks that you can take off when you are seated.   

ICE CREAM,   I do hope they will at least serve us ice cream when we want some.  I always liked the ice cream. 

THE sail away party?  That is sad but I dont think they will have that.  And even the dance events.

Socializing aka closeness to cool people.  ask for the hug and tell the world to kiss it. 

Serious outbreaks Might happen, depending on what serious is defined as.  I think we will see some sort of tracking going on board.  I believe the cruise line will know how to nip it in the bud.  

40 minutes ago, jfunk138 said:

I think its safe to say that a vax optional cruise would end up with a large contingent of folks with natural immunity from prior infection.  The folks that are least afraid of Covid are frequently those that have already had it.

Well pardner ,  we aren't there today. and we aren't sailing yet.  Some states are getting very close, and some got a ways to go.  BUT each day is a little better. 

When the day comes that Carnival weighs anchor I think the numbers may be a lot better.  IF we can hit 80 percent H I then it wont matter as much cause the scales will be definitely time in peoples favor. 

Some of the people that are refusing vaccinations have had the virus and are on the vaccinated side automatically.  They are part of H I.  And is has been generally accepted that the reported numbers of people that have had covid is less than the actual.  The number is actually closer to 2.4 times higher.  I sail in sept and that is a lot of river under the bridge by then. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, mredandchis said:

And is has been generally accepted that the reported numbers of people that have had covid is less than the actual.  The number is actually closer to 2.4 times higher.

We do know that if there was no testing, there would be zero cases reported and that number would be lower than actual cases.

2.4 times zero is still zero Of all the possible multiples, I think 2.4 seems like a random number.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

We do know that if there was no testing, there would be zero cases reported and that number would be lower than actual cases.

2.4 times zero is still zero Of all the possible multiples, I think 2.4 seems like a random number.

I think that was his point. Covid was around long before there was even a test for it. Many reputable scientist and virologists believe it could have been circulating as early as November 2019. I'm pretty positive my wife, youngest son and I caught it in Jan 2020 (all the symptoms & VERY sick) and my wife was seeing Dr's without masks as I'm sure many others were when they were first infected as it took well over a month for mask advisories to be issued and that was sometime in March. There is a high probability that there were thousands of asymptomatic cases spreading and others misclassified as pneumonia. We were essentially chasing our tails for nearly six months and completely blind for at least two of those, many would argue three. Complete cluster. Chances are excellent that cases may be underrepresented by many multiples.        

• Like 1

Carnival can tell us they are not requiring pax to be vax'ed but the reality is they don't need to make a decision now. If you paid a deposit, or even final payment for a voyage, that does not guarantee you carriage if the policy changes. 

It would be difficult to mandate vaccination at a time when it was not available to everyone. That would not be fair. Now or within days everyone down to age 16 will be eligible for shots. People will discover that without the vaccine some doors will be closed to you, just like not having a driver's license or a passport will slow your roll.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I think that was his point. Covid was around long before there was even a test for it. Many reputable scientist and virologists believe it could have been circulating as early as November 2019. I'm pretty positive my wife, youngest son and I caught it in Jan 2020 (all the symptoms & VERY sick) and my wife was seeing Dr's without masks as I'm sure many others were when they were first infected as it took well over a month for mask advisories to be issued and that was sometime in March. There is a high probability that there were thousands of asymptomatic cases spreading and others misclassified as pneumonia. We were essentially chasing our tails for nearly six months and completely blind for at least two of those, many would argue three. Complete cluster. Chances are excellent that cases may be underrepresented by many multiples.        

Also makes the case that deaths were under-reported. Vaccine development began in Jan 2020, so somebody knew.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Moviela said:

Carnival can tell us they are not requiring pax to be vax'ed but the reality is they don't need to make a decision now. If you paid a deposit, or even final payment for a voyage, that does not guarantee you carriage if the policy changes. 

It would be difficult to mandate vaccination at a time when it was not available to everyone. That would not be fair. Now or within days everyone down to age 16 will be eligible for shots. People will discover that without the vaccine some doors will be closed to you, just like not having a driver's license or a passport will slow your roll.

I know trials have started with children under 12. Maybe by the time cruising restarts in the US everyone can be protected. Maybe cruising isn't so important, but schools getting closer to normal would be nice.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cruiseracer said:

And yet another deflection. Why do you oppose basic human choice? Why is controlling others so important to you? 

I don't control others, only occurrences in my life.

The first thing I have controlled recently was on February 24th, the date I received my first Moderna jab.  The second thing I have controlled recently was on March 24th, the date I received my second Moderna jab.  

• Like 1

I don't control others, only occurrences in my life.

The first thing I have controlled recently was on February 24th, the date I received my first Moderna jab.  The second thing I have controlled recently was on March 24th, the date I received my second Moderna jab.  

I don't think you will have control over unforeseen side effects that may appear down the road with those untested jabs. But since it will get you back to cruising quickly, it'll be worth it right? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OceanZena said:

I don't think you will have control over unforeseen side effects that may appear down the road with those untested jabs. But since it will get you back to cruising quickly, it'll be worth it right? 

The same is true of Covid. If you survive.

• Like 2