Mother's Day Gift Card Promo

afiaccone

I just got an email for a Mother's Day Promotion

give mom something to look forward to

Give a Princess® Gift Card:
Get a $100 bonus card
when you spend $1,000 on gift cards!*

This Mother’s Day, remind Mom of all the meaningful moments yet to come. With a Princess® Gift Card, Mom can plan a cruise to look forward to, or use it just how she wants while enjoying a rejuvenating vacation — from relaxing at the Lotus Spa® to shore excursions, specialty dining and so much more.

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/overview/gift-cards/?cid=dm_email_promo_internal_giftcard_otherpromotional_rf1md018_210429_giftcard&eccn=446KKJ5LO2P5U7JI6YEVF7NQBE&rrid=8608689555&mi_u=8608689555&custId=446KKJ5LO2P5U7JI6YEVF7NQBE

• Like 1

I already have over $6,000 in Princess Gift Cards. I haven't been able to use them. Typically, the "bonus" gift cards you receive from this sort of promotion have a limited use life. If you don't use them within a set time they are no longer any good. I think I'll pass on this offer.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

I already have over $6,000 in Princess Gift Cards. I haven't been able to use them. Typically, the "bonus" gift cards you receive from this sort of promotion have a limited use life. If you don't use them within a set time they are no longer any good. I think I'll pass on this offer.

Yup - $7,000 here.  But at least our bonuses are sitting in FCC as had been applied to a booking which was later cancelled. 

We are booked for cruises in Fall 2022.  If cruising is back to normal/near-normal by next May (and I expect so), I will most likely buy some more up to the cost of our cruises.  Princess has had this offer every year recently and always a better bonus for M Day.

• Like 1

First cruise I booked with Princess gift cards was a Phase 1 cancellation.  Although I appreciate the percentage Princess gave in a FCC, I don't want to tie up Princess bucks right now.

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

Double checking with anyone who can confirm,  before I purchase the gift cards,  that you can use GC to secure shore excursions prior to boarding the ship? 

That's what I'm hoping to use them for too.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, afiaccone said:

That's what I'm hoping to use them for too.

The answer is Yes...

Gift cards, unlike awarded OBC have almost no restrictions once onboard. They can be used for any purchase or purpose that cash can be used

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, srpilo said:

The answer is Yes...

Gift cards, unlike awarded OBC have almost no restrictions once onboard. They can be used for any purchase or purpose that cash can be used

But can you secure excursions with them prior to boarding?  Normally you would have to give a credit card but could you use a gift card? 

6 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

But can you secure excursions with them prior to boarding?  Normally you would have to give a credit card but could you use a gift card? 

Again, the answer is yes. 

11 hours ago, Thrak said:

I requested the deposit refunded to gift cards and the bonus cards came back without an expiration date. On that cruise, the FCC had a shorter expiration date and very little bonus FCC was going to be added. If December Queensland is cancelled I'll request that FCD be refunded as FCD bc thats more valuable than FCC now that deposits are higher

14 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

I don't see anywhere to enter the gift as payment for excursions.  I booked with a travel agent so I will see if she can take them.

18 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

I was not able too.  PVP said I can apply them to my cruise fare or add them to my onboard account when I sail.  Only OBC that shows in your personalizer can you use for excursions.  Once they are applied to your onboard account you can use them for excursions.  That was of no help to me.

Edited by franktown
add

1 hour ago, afiaccone said:

I don't see anywhere to enter the gift as payment for excursions.  I booked with a travel agent so I will see if she can take them.

I just reserved some.  I just called Princess.  EZ Peazy.  I suspect most TA's could do it too.  You are correct, you can't do it online.  Just put the ones in your cart and call Princess.  Pretty painless for me.

Edited by Redwing55
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Redwing55 said:

I just reserved some.  I just called Princess.  EZ Peazy.  I suspect most TA's could do it too.  You are correct, you can't do it online.  Just put the ones in your cart and call Princess.  Pretty painless for me.

Thanks.  Will call my PVP tomorrow.

For anyone like me looking to use gift cards for shore excursions, here’s the official answer and the best way ro go about it.

From Princess Gift Card Support:

Yes, you can use these gift cards to reserve shore excursions prior to the sailing. The best and easiest way to do this is purchasing Shore Excursion Credit (similar to On-board Credit) using the Gift Cards. Once purchased the Excursion Credit is ready to use and can be seen in your Cruise Personalizer. Should you need assistance you can call General Reservations at 1-800-744-6237.

Edited by Jadn13
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Gift Card FUGHEDDABOUDIT.  Pay for the cruise it will make her much happier!! 😁
The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Hey, T.  Speaking of the Rowboat, have YOU negotiated your return to rowing protocols with the CDC?  It's getting old waiting on Princess to get it done.  Maybe the Rowboat can get underway sooner.

😉

10 hours ago, srpilo said:

This promo is a bit unusual in that they're limiting the 1000 + bonus 100 card purchase to "One Per Person"...

I can't remember when or if I've seen a limit to one, on any previous card promo's

They always say that, but you can order more.  Last time I did it, we gave each other cards, we gave friends cards and they gave us cards.  But, based on past posts here, you don't need to go to that much effort.  Just buy them one at a time.  I bought most-ever for me in 2019, expecting to use them up in 2020 and you know the rest of that story.

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Hey, T.  Speaking of the Rowboat, have YOU negotiated your return to rowing protocols with the CDC?  It's getting old waiting on Princess to get it done.  Maybe the Rowboat can get underway sooner.

😉

Hi Gregg,

No problems with the CDC. BTW I just installed a motor on The Rowboat. Margie was getting tired of rowing. It’s her Mother’s Day gift boy is she going to be happy 😁😁

Tony

• Like 1