NCL shore excursion question

MikeNKim

Happy Sunday all.

How far out does NCL usually release shore excursion info?    We aren’t sailing until Oct 2022 in the Mediterranean but would love to start researching what excursions might be available 

thank you

It depends.

I have seen them listed years out for some cruises. On there they only appear very close to the cruise (sometimes just a couple of months).

It isn't unusual for them to be listed for different ports on the same cruise at different times.

As it is the Med they will probably be often visited ports, so I would expect them to be listed fairly early (unless this is impacted by Covid).

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1

Normally you are able to see some excursions well in advance.  Check the "Explore & Plan" page.  As the cruise gets closer, more are added.  Also you can check similar cruises leaving a year earlier for ideas.

• Like 1

With all the frequently changing rules due to Covid, they may hold off on posting them until longer than usual. It's hard enough to juggle refunds for cruises, let alone excursions too. 

Check their website out for a general Mediterranean venture - over 600 options currently listed. https://www.ncl.com/shore-excursions/search?destination=Mediterranean+Cruises

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeNKim said:

Happy Sunday all.

How far out does NCL usually release shore excursion info?    We aren’t sailing until Oct 2022 in the Mediterranean but would love to start researching what excursions might be available 

thank you

You can search them here at any time, they just wont list confirmed times etc.

https://www.ncl.com/uk/en/shore-excursions

• Like 1

i have always found that once your reservation is confirmed, you can log on to your ncl account and find all the info you need about all aspects of your cruise.  sometimes, however, if its far enough out, there may be only some excursions listed, because arrangements for others havent been made. as your departure date gets closer, you can see any additional excursions that have been added. 

4 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Only Barcelona and Rome for the Epic on 15th September

My son is booked for the Epic in October and it's the same for him, only Barcelona & Rome.  Obviously they are still negotiating with the ports

When I booked the Joy out of Montego Bay, I was 121 days out, and nothing showed up... The next day, 61 excursions popped up. I guess that 120 days could be the new magic number...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpainAlien said:

My son is booked for the Epic in October and it's the same for him, only Barcelona & Rome.  Obviously they are still negotiating with the ports

dont worry, we're booked on the star in oct and 47 excursions are listed.  only means ncl hasnt worked out the ports yet.  have a little patience and they'll show up

4 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Only 1 excursion showing for our September cruise on the Gem.

We're on the Gem in August.  At the beginning of last month, 36 excursions were shown.  Then it changed to 9 (fortunately I had already booked the ones I wanted and were still showing as available) now today, they show 13.  They added a few water activities.  Keep checking as your sailing gets closer.

4 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

We're on the Gem in August.  At the beginning of last month, 36 excursions were shown.  Then it changed to 9 (fortunately I had already booked the ones I wanted and were still showing as available) now today, they show 13.  They added a few water activities.  Keep checking as your sailing gets closer.

Thanks, good advice. I'll do that.

1 hour ago, Diver2014 said:

Also on the Gem for the August 15 sailing: there were 40+ excursions this past Friday when we booked the ones we wanted. Now only 5 are showing as currently bookable.

Edited by BamaCruiser39

2 hours ago, BamaCruiser39 said:

Also on the Gem for the August 15 sailing: there were 40+ excursions this past Friday when we booked the ones we wanted. Now only 5 are showing as currently bookable.

From NCL Promotional Terms and Conditions: ..."guest cannot purchase shore excursions for themselves where the duration of such excursions overlap in time."

Therefore, when logged into your account (after already booking excursions) additional shore excursions for that cruise would be limited to only those that would NOT occur at the same time of those you had already booked.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bgTexasguy said:

From NCL Promotional Terms and Conditions: ..."guest cannot purchase shore excursions for themselves where the duration of such excursions overlap in time."

Therefore, when logged into your account (after already booking excursions) additional shore excursions for that cruise would be limited to only those that would NOT occur at the same time of those you had already booked.

Ah, I didn't know the website automatically hid excursions like that once booked. Neat!

25 minutes ago, bgTexasguy said:

That may be true in some cases but I printed out all the excursions when I made our cruise deposit and many just 'disappeared' before I made any reservations.  I compared notes and found many of the water activities had been eliminated.  Now some are back.  I don't have any overlapping reservations since I booked only one excursion on each island. I think the August and September cruises are still a work in progress.

On 5/2/2021 at 6:56 AM, MikeNKim said:

Happy Sunday all.

thank you

we're on the star this oct and there are a number of excursions already listed. same with my nov 2022 trans-atlantic from lisbon to rio. there are a number already listed.

i find that once a cruise is booked, if you log on and check your reservation you can check out the excursions listed. also they keep adding, as there may be none listed when you check for certain ports.

never fear, they'll show  up. ncl will never miss a chance to get your money one way or another.