Past guest offer

dbrown84

13 hours ago, SSFun said:

If the agent is correct, we will be platinum for our Dec. cruise. If not, we will be 1 point short of platinum. Sure hope she is correct! 🙂 

If you end up being just one point short of platinum, you might get lucky and be made platinum early. The reason I say that is that I'm currently on 77 points, with the gold range being 55-79, but it says I'm platinum already. Makes me think the points required for tiers are more like guidelines, than hard rules!
98 points away from platinum plus apparently, which feels like a long way away, and looking at the benefits, pretty pointless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thedarklord said:

If you end up being just one point short of platinum, you might get lucky and be made platinum early. The reason I say that is that I'm currently on 77 points, with the gold range being 55-79, but it says I'm platinum already. Makes me think the points required for tiers are more like guidelines, than hard rules!
98 points away from platinum plus apparently, which feels like a long way away, and looking at the benefits, pretty pointless.

When the tiers changed it seems that some people were grandfathered into the old tiers.

I can’t remember for sure, but I don’t think we ever worked out exactly what the circumstances were for this. At first it looked like it was if people with cruises already booked that would take them to a new level under the old tier levels. However, it seems that more than that are getting the new level early.

Perhaps it is just the next tier change or maybe everyone who was enrolled at the time, it isn’t clear.

Anyway, it has happened to lots of people, so as you say they may be lucky.

This happened circa 2017 when the points system expanded adding the Platinum + and

Ambassador levels. If you fell within a few points (probably less than 5) your level was

rounded up to the next level - no one was demoted.

As noted before - after achieving Platinum there is not a great deal of hurry or emphasis

to get to next level especially that Ambassador level - really 100 hundred 7 night cruises

(700 points) must be madly in love with NCL terribly wealthy with a lot of retired time on

one hands. 700 points that would be taking up residency for almost 2 years on a ship 

or ships. Platinum is a reasonable level to rest at and the P + level gives a token incentive

to take a few more cruises to get more free laundry and that real special dinner with ships

officer Assistant to the Assistant Manager of the 3rd shift Housekeeping staff - whatever

happened to dinner with the Captain or his Executive - Staff Captain somebody of flag rank ?

2 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

This happened circa 2017 when the points system expanded adding the Platinum + and

Ambassador levels. If you fell within a few points (probably less than 5) your level was

rounded up to the next level - no one was demoted.

As noted before - after achieving Platinum there is not a great deal of hurry or emphasis

to get to next level especially that Ambassador level - really 100 hundred 7 night cruises

(700 points) must be madly in love with NCL terribly wealthy with a lot of retired time on

one hands. 700 points that would be taking up residency for almost 2 years on a ship 

or ships. Platinum is a reasonable level to rest at and the P + level gives a token incentive

to take a few more cruises to get more free laundry and that real special dinner with ships

officer Assistant to the Assistant Manager of the 3rd shift Housekeeping staff - whatever

happened to dinner with the Captain or his Executive - Staff Captain somebody of flag rank ?

we're at platinum +, and the perk of dinner with one of the officers is definitely not of  a huge priority. we're

at 196 points, so have been at + level for a while, and never bothered with that dinner

On 5/5/2021 at 1:42 AM, dbrown84 said:

I just noticed that the current past guest offer is for 2 bonus points per night for all 3+ day cruises.  I have a 11 day cruise booked for December and was able to re-book so now I'll get 33 latitudes points.  If you have something booked and it's outside of final payment, it's worth checking out to see if you can re-book without a price increase (and without losing any perks you currently have) to get triple points

Thank you for posting this, I have two cruises booked (7 days + 10 days) for summer 2022, so that would mean 34 extra points on top of the original 17 points and help a little bit on the way to reach the next "step" on the Latitude ladder. And kind of making up for at least some of the potential Latitude points I lost when my two cruises 2020 and two cruises 2021 got cancelled.

I have send a request to my PCC, hopefully it will be possible to add this past-guest-offer without loosing money on the cruise price I originally have for both cruises. And keeping the current perks... Just have to wait to see what my PCC replies, as I am not interested in paying more money just to get those points (and I have currently rather good prices on both my 2022 cruises, so I am just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. But kind of be prepared for a negative reply as well....  

3 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

Thank you for posting this, I have two cruises booked (7 days + 10 days) for summer 2022, so that would mean 34 extra points on top of the original 17 points and help a little bit on the way to reach the next "step" on the Latitude ladder. And kind of making up for at least some of the potential Latitude points I lost when my two cruises 2020 and two cruises 2021 got cancelled.

I have send a request to my PCC, hopefully it will be possible to add this past-guest-offer without loosing money on the cruise price I originally have for both cruises. And keeping the current perks... Just have to wait to see what my PCC replies, as I am not interested in paying more money just to get those points (and I have currently rather good prices on both my 2022 cruises, so I am just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. But kind of be prepared for a negative reply as well....  

I am just quoting myself, as I just heard back from my PCC. Turns out one of my already booked cruises (7 days) could have the 2x extra points added to the reservation without needing to cancel and rebook as booking terms and price was the same as my original reservation. The other cruise (10 days) had a $500 higher price now than when I originally booked, so did of course not change that one... 🙂 

Since there's been some back and forth over whether it's two additional points per night or just two points per night, here's something I came across while playing around on the NCL website...

PXL_20210508_173353420.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Since there's been some back and forth over whether it's two additional points per night or just two points per night, here's something I came across while playing around on the NCL website...

Sweet!  I’m pretty certain they updated this message recently.  It didn’t say that earlier in the week.  There’s even a screen shot of the previous message earlier in this thread. 

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Wow.  Nice. Maybe they are reading all of our CC comments 😌

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 11:39 AM, Noxx27 said:

It’s worded to look like it’s three, it’s just another scam by NCL.

On 5/5/2021 at 3:39 PM, Seany527 said:

Dont be fooled by their wording. It’s a total of 2 points per night. If you are in the Haven it’s 3 points per night. 

Hopefully these people (or a moderator) will now delete their posts to help prevent further confusion they have already contributed to this thread. 

On 5/8/2021 at 1:42 PM, sid_9169 said:

yes, this is awesome that they cleared this up.  No more debate, it's 3 points per night.  I guess you could get 4 if you book a suite.

I had my TA check on making sure we had the two additional points per night. The person she talked to said we couldn't get it since it's only for select cruises. She asked to speak to a supervisor and told her the ad was deceptive because it says that all cruises would get the extra two points per night. Needless to say, our TA came through for us as we got the two additional points per night.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

yes, this is awesome that they cleared this up.  No more debate, it's 3 points per night.  I guess you could get 4 if you book a suite.

Correct.  I did a mock booking on a Haven suite & got this:  

image.png.f3e0c30a30dcb35996267968d2369361.png

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up!  I was disappointed when I did not see our Feb 2022 Mexican cruise listed in the Insider offers then realized this comes up when doing a regular mock booking. Calling now to see about getting this added!

On 5/7/2021 at 8:42 AM, complawyer said:

we're at platinum +, and the perk of dinner with one of the officers is definitely not of  a huge priority. we're

at 196 points, so have been at + level for a while, and never bothered with that dinner

Have you had a dinner with the officers? Just curious why you don't feel inclined to take advantage of said perk.

1 hour ago, mtrancher said:

Have you had a dinner with the officers? Just curious why you don't feel inclined to take advantage of said perk.

no, i have never had dinner with the officers, although i have had the opportunity to do so on the past 6 cruises. it's just something of which i have no interest and something i'm not inclined to do

just like another perk is the tour of the inner workings of the ship. we did it once out of curiosity, but after that meh!

to each his own!

4 hours ago, complawyer said:

no, i have never had dinner with the officers, although i have had the opportunity to do so on the past 6 cruises. it's just something of which i have no interest and something i'm not inclined to do

Would only be interested in dining with a flag officer not some Assistant to the Assistant to the

Manager of the 3rd shift mop bucket and brooms department !

4 hours ago, complawyer said:

just like another perk is the tour of the inner workings of the ship. we did it once out of curiosity, but after that meh!

to each his own!

That FREE Behind the Scenes Tour (BST) available to Platinum Latitude members is great

the first time but unless touring a new different ship not worth a repeat.

It used to be something when the Bridge was included -

security concerns stopped that -

the engine room is noisy -

thus one is left with the Laundry Room facility -

the Main Dining Room (MDR) galley -

and a tour of the theatre Back Stage -

Oh and a walk down I95 the central crew corridor (normally Deck 3) no photos in this area.

For the first timer great - like complawyer noted - after that meh !

• Like 1

We always do the behind the scenes tour if we haven’t done that particular ship before. There are lots of similarities despite the ship but the contrast, for example, between the Spirit and Breakaway is quite striking. It’s not a bad way to spend an hour.

We have never applied for the dinner with officers. We prefer to eat when, where and with whom we choose (one of the main attractions of freestyle). However on one occasion we received an invite without applying and decided that we may as well go. We were with a staff member who is usually on the POA (doing a year on another ship before returning to the POA ) and we were doing that cruise the following year, so he had lots of tips for us and he remembered us when we were on that ship.

It was nice, but we haven’t asked to do it again.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1