Past guest offer

dbrown84

A warning for anyone that booked using a 10% off coupon from a canceled cruise - I was told by my TA that if she added this new offer to my existing reservation that was booked with 10% off coupons, I would lose my 10% off and have to pay full fare.  Please let me know if anyone has been able to add it without forfeiting the 10%.

• Like 1

I spoke with my personal cruise consultant they said it’s only two points per night. It’s worded to look like it’s three, it’s just another scam by NCL. I’m go to cruise regardless. The points or a nice added bonus but that’s not why am sailing anyways.😉

• Thanks 1

I checked with my PCC and my price would increase by over $400 to rebook. That is much less than 10% (16 days solo in a balcony). She said the base price had increased. I had multiple coupons and “fiasco cruise” credits and they were not mentioned. 

I took advantage of this offer yesterday for my upcoming Joy cruise... Since the price was exactly the same, I kept all of my previous promotions, and gained the additional two points per night. If the price had gone up, I would have just refused it, as I wasn't interested in paying more just to get additional points. Something that was mentioned earlier, and I confirmed with my PVP, this is indeed two additional points per night, on top of the one point per night that you normally receive...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Noxx27 said:

I spoke with my personal cruise consultant they said it’s only two points per night. It’s worded to look like it’s three, it’s just another scam by NCL. I’m go to cruise regardless. The points or a nice added bonus but that’s not why am sailing anyways.😉

I can attest to this. On my last cruise I booked under the same promotion for points. 

I thought it was a total of 2 points per night but the rep I spoke to said it was actually 3 points per night. 
I thought she was incorrect but she insisted she was right. 
When my cruise was over I checked my account and it was 2 points per night. I contacted NCL to inquiry about the missing 1 point per night and they let me know it was a total of 2 points per night. 

Dont be fooled by their wording. It’s a total of 2 points per night. If you are in the Haven it’s 3 points per night. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Clearly, based on comments in this thread, not all NCL agents are trained to say the same thing.  Someone is telling incorrect info.   I consider the exact terms of the promo to be unclear.  I will be happy with whatever additional point I’m given.  Given that the promo code is LATDBLX, my guess is that it is double the normal points and not triple the normal points.  But I’m just some guy on the internet.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

I can attest to this. On my last cruise I booked under the same promotion for points. 

I thought it was a total of 2 points per night but the rep I spoke to said it was actually 3 points per night. 
I thought she was incorrect but she insisted she was right. 
When my cruise was over I checked my account and it was 2 points per night. I contacted NCL to inquiry about the missing 1 point per night and they let me know it was a total of 2 points per night. 

Dont be fooled by their wording. It’s a total of 2 points per night. If you are in the Haven it’s 3 points per night. 

well this is disappointing to hear.  I too was told that is a total of 3 points per night, and that is the way the promo reads.  Otherwise, it wouldn't be necessary to even promote that because latitudes insider offers get two points per night by default.  Oh well, I guess I'll wait and see what happens after my cruise.  It wasn't an insiders offer to begin with, so worse case I get double points.  But I will keep screenshots in case I need to fight later :)

• Like 1

and I just checked my previous cruises booked under insider offers (earning two points per night), and they both just say latitude for the code, and not the LATDBLX code being used now.  Of course, codes can change

8 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Clearly, based on comments in this thread, not all NCL agents are trained to say the same thing.  Someone is telling incorrect info.   I consider the exact terms of the promo to be unclear.  I will be happy with whatever additional point I’m given.  Given that the promo code is LATDBLX, my guess is that it is double the normal points and not triple the normal points.  But I’m just some guy on the internet.  

There are many discussions on this forum that result from conflicting information from NCL agents. Many of them are quite spectacularly uninformed.

On May 1st booked a back to back on the Sun, a total of 22 days. I don't see any code in the reservation PDF that indicates any extra points. 

In my case, it doesnt really matter that much. I am platinum plus at 314 point. I need to more than double that to reach Ambassador. And that will take a while either way. Also, the difference between the top three tier are, to me, not that big deal. 

2 hours ago, saltsandknit said:

I booked a cruise yesterday using this

promo and added it to my already booked cruise. It is 2 additional points for a total of 3 points per day. This will bring me to platinum. I am pretty happy about it. 

What code is showing on your receipt? LATDBLX? that is the code I have on mine if yours is different, please let me know. 

8 hours ago, Cruiser933 said:

A warning for anyone that booked using a 10% off coupon from a canceled cruise - I was told by my TA that if she added this new offer to my existing reservation that was booked with 10% off coupons, I would lose my 10% off and have to pay full fare.  Please let me know if anyone has been able to add it without forfeiting the 10%.

Mine was added without forfeiting anything, my agent added it without any issues. There is the image of the promo codes used, notice both codes there.😉

093EE646-D84F-4CB9-846D-D86D3BD7941B.jpeg

• Like 1

To me at Silver, getting to Gold (55 nights) for Priority tender is an important milestone.

Then Platinum (80 nights) gets you dinner at Cagneys and Moderno, a bag of laundry, and 30min internet.  All very good. 

It then takes a lot more to get to Platinum+ (175) which adds a dinner with officers and 60min internet, not that special.  After that, it takes so much to get to Ambassador (700) to get a 7d cruise. 

Anyway, my TA confirmed she was able to change my bookings to get the promo code LATDBLX for two additional points/night.  It's considered a rebooked, with a new booking date, but same booking number.

• Like 1

Something to note prior to circa 2017 NCL was more liberal with point application making

quad points possible the factor here was making a booking more than 9 months from sailing.

1 - point for each day/night

1 - point for a Suite

1 - point for an Insider/Past Guest Offer

1 - point for a booking 9 months or more in advance

A 14 day Panama Canal trip with the above would reward with 56 points.

Fast track to Platinum the top category at that time.

Added Platinum + and the Ambassador since then

I believe that there are less than a couple hundred Ambassadors - 

maybe enough to fill a life boat.

As for Platinum + number unknown but with the points to close to Platinum

easy to get there.

Platinum is now a common class of guests numbering in the tens of thousands

Everyone that takes a NCL cruise gets points !

Fast track that with a Suite and Insider Past Guest perks

And now this questionable bonus points perks (on selected cruises ?)

With attractive bonus points Guests are apt to return for more cruises to enjoy

the perks of frequent cruising at the next level ---

Free Laundry

Specialty Dining

Priorities (tendering)

Discount Gift Shop purchases

AND that fabulous bottle of Lame Duck Champagne ***

*** best served with orange juice or other fruity juice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Something to note prior to circa 2017 NCL was more liberal with point application making

quad points possible the factor here was making a booking more than 9 months from sailing.

1 - point for each day/night

1 - point for a Suite

1 - point for an Insider/Past Guest Offer

1 - point for a booking 9 months or more in advance

A 14 day Panama Canal trip with the above would reward with 56 points.

Fast track to Platinum the top category at that time.

Added Platinum + and the Ambassador since then

I believe that there are less than a couple hundred Ambassadors - 

maybe enough to fill a life boat.

As for Platinum + number unknown but with the points to close to Platinum

easy to get there.

Platinum is now a common class of guests numbering in the tens of thousands

Everyone that takes a NCL cruise gets points !

Fast track that with a Suite and Insider Past Guest perks

And now this questionable bonus points perks (on selected cruises ?)

With attractive bonus points Guests are apt to return for more cruises to enjoy

the perks of frequent cruising at the next level ---

Free Laundry

Specialty Dining

Priorities (tendering)

Discount Gift Shop purchases

AND that fabulous bottle of Lame Duck Champagne ***

*** best served with orange juice or other fruity juice.

Omg those were the days. It was so easy to climb the tiers back then.  

Remember when each guest in the cabin would get the specialty dining vouchers, which resulted in 4 free speciality dining visits.  And then they changed it from per guest to per cabin. 😑

Edited by Seany527
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

well this is disappointing to hear.  I too was told that is a total of 3 points per night, and that is the way the promo reads.  Otherwise, it wouldn't be necessary to even promote that because latitudes insider offers get two points per night by default.  Oh well, I guess I'll wait and see what happens after my cruise.  It wasn't an insiders offer to begin with, so worse case I get double points.  But I will keep screenshots in case I need to fight later 🙂

Best of luck to you and I hope you do win all the points. 
I called many times and always got different answers. Was told a supervisor would call me back, which never happened. There’s also a dedicated email address to report missing points.  I emailed that a few times and every single email went unanswered. 

Just a POI or Point of information: as of late 2019 (that was our "last" sailing on NCL when ...) -

the number of Latitude Ambassadors in the entire "universe" was down to under 40 of them, not several hundreds - previously (2018 or was it 2017) it was around 50 of them.  

Being P+ already, we aren't in a hurry nor eager to put a rush on chasing the top tier status with our "engraved nametag" - you'll recognize them should they choose to wear them around/onboard their sailings.   Hardly "worth" the chase, IMHO, to score that once-in-a-lifetime 7 nights cruise and (whatever) special gift to reaching that milestone ...

But, it's fun to have dinner with whoever (as NCL officer) showed up as ship representative for that "special dinner" and rub elbows with other P+, i.e. photo studio or gift shop manager, etc. 

3 hours ago, Seany527 said:

Omg those were the days. It was so easy to climb the tiers back then.  

Remember when each guest in the cabin would get the specialty dining vouchers, which resulted in 4 free speciality dining visits.  And then they changed it from per guest to per cabin. 😑

No, because that didn’t used to be the case.

It used to be one meal for two per person and changed to two meals for two per cabin (with adjustments introduced subsequently for situations where there are more than two platinums in the cabin), so essentially the number of free meals offered is the same, or even increased if there are three of you or couples with just one platinum.

Not allowing solos to split their vouchers has meant that it doesn’t work as well for those who don’t want to eat with others, and some people aren’t as happy with the restaurant choices now, but for the vast majority of people the number of meals is exactly the same.

Edited by KeithJenner

Just for fun, I did a mock booking just now on my desktop - here is the screenshot, it showed 

"2 additional Latitudes points per night for this (Gem) sailing" out of NY ... that would be 21 points in total for booking a balcony (oceanview and even inside cabin) as long as it is not the Sail Away prices, to get those "Free At Sea" (not really) promo offers.  

But, those prices themselves seemed pretty high ... Compared the Getaway balcony off-peak (late February 2022) pricing to similar ones on Royal's Anthem of the Seas, sailing out of Cape Liberty - difference of several hundreds for 2 adults - of course, oranges vs. applies, not a fair comparison by themselves. 

As for those crazy rental car services, doubtful on what one is going to do at the new South Carolina stop on the way to MCO ... and, if due to weather & waves, ship is unable to tender at GSC (haven't heard a beep about other options to dock there, as we haven't been there in a while) - getting an extra fun sea days. 

Latitudes - Additional Points per night on this Jan 2022 Sailing.jpg

Edited by mking8288

I pulled up a chat with an agent to ask a different question and while on line, I asked about the points. She said that it indeed was 2 additional points making it a total of 3 points per night. I saved a copy of the transcript just in case we only get 2 points added after the cruise. Maybe I can get points adjusted? 🤪

We are 22 points from platinum and are booked Haven in Sept. and aft balcony in Dec. If the agent is correct, we will be platinum for our Dec. cruise. If not, we will be 1 point short of platinum. Sure hope she is correct! 🙂 

• Like 1

Saw that and got excited.  Went to check for my 10 day Greenland cruise - that would vault me into Silver in one fell swoop.

Too bad it looks like the price of the cruise has gone up by about $1500 for the two of us if I were to rebook.  I don't need latitude points that badly...

On 5/5/2021 at 7:07 PM, roxette said:

On May 1st booked a back to back on the Sun, a total of 22 days. I don't see any code in the reservation PDF that indicates any extra points. 

In my case, it doesnt really matter that much. I am platinum plus at 314 point. I need to more than double that to reach Ambassador. And that will take a while either way. Also, the difference between the top three tier are, to me, not that big deal. 

My feelings exactly. 

Platinum ain't what it used to be.

Neither is NCL for that matter.

Time for some land trips.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1