Europe 2021 cancelled?

6 hours ago, Heymarco said:

US did about 170 million in 100 days. Your model fails to consider that not everyone will voluntarily get vaccinated and rates will go up as more doses become available. Think mass vaccination sites etc. Germany is traditionally more efficient than US. 😉

Agree, US demand is slowing down, been shutting down many the Mass Vaccine Sites. Still have major number of population saying won't and have no plans get the Vaccine. Got mine

Edited by ONECRUISER

33 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, US demand is slowing down, been shutting down many the Mass Vaccine Sites. Still have major number of population saying won't and have no plans get the Vaccine. Got mine

Yes, demand for vaccine in my area is definitely down.   The several mass vaccine sites that had been set up in my county closed down end of april.  Anyone that wants vaccine can simply walk in to just about pharmacy and get it.  

Between family, friends and coworkers probably 50/50 split on getting and not getting vaccinated.     

Went to a funeral last week for a neighbor that passed away from covid and couldn't believe one of my neighbors actually asked me if I knew where to get one of the cdc vaccination cards as there is no way she is getting vaccinated.  

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 4:13 PM, suekay said:

Seems strange that a number of TAs I just checked aren't showing Jewel cruises out of Limassol athough RCCL website is still showing cruises as available. There are many balcony cabins available which is a bit concerning.  I received an invoice today showing a recent change I made to our Sept 18th cruise, it also showed flight timing for the first time.

We are on the September 18th cruise on Jewel too. They were happy to sell me flights last week too. I would think that RC would be fairly certain these new sailings will be a go or they wouldn’t have spent the money to move the ships and market them. 

Edited by shopnagain
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, shopnagain said:

We are on the September 18th cruise on Jewel too. They were happy to sell me flights last week too. I would think that RC would be fairly certain these new sailings will be a go or they wouldn’t have spent the money to move the ships and market them. 

Not sure about Jewel but those Harmony ones are for sale on eskimo house in October but not before. I think September might be optimistic unless its fully vaxxed cruises and even then maybe new schedules   that only visit 1 or 2 countries 

12 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Seems so sad when so many are crying out for vaccines . Our take up rate has been very high (95% age 50 and above in England, 98% in Scotland), but now inviting the over 40s age group and talk is that it won't be so high in the younger population 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55274833

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Why in the world would you hope that September EU cruises don’t sail???  

Because I don't want my wife and I first cruise to Europe to be under these conditions............Wearing a mask on airplane for 9 hours, then all the restrictions on the ship, and then even more restrictions at each port stop with not be allowed to explore on our own, cruiselines excursions only.

Rather do this cruise in 2022.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Because I don't want my wife and I first cruise to Europe to be under these conditions............Wearing a mask on airplane for 9 hours, then all the restrictions on the ship, and then even more restrictions at each port stop with not be allowed to explore on our own, cruiselines excursions only.

So you're hoping that September EU cruises don't happen because YOU don't want to cruise under certain conditions?  Kinda selfish attitude I think.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, crazyank said:

So you're hoping that September EU cruises don't happen because YOU don't want to cruise under certain conditions?  Kinda selfish attitude I think.

I wouldn't interpret their post as selfish. They are just stating what they would like. No matter what they hope happens for their cruise has no bearing on anyone else's situation so noone should feel offended by them.   So I wouldn't take it personally.  

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I would't worry too much about it. Most ports aren't open for cruise ships. Big parts of Europe still on lockdown (partly). And there is still a travel ban for US citizens. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kimba_83 said:

I would't worry too much about it. Most ports aren't open for cruise ships. Big parts of Europe still on lockdown (partly). And there is still a travel ban for US citizens. 

Not only that Every cruise in Europe is currently off the menu unless you want to Isolate for 10 days and get 3 Covid tests at your cost. 

If you step foot in one Amber list country then those rules apply. Even if you are just transiting for a flight lol

18 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

Not only that Every cruise in Europe is currently off the menu unless you want to Isolate for 10 days and get 3 Covid tests at your cost. 

If you step foot in one Amber list country then those rules apply. Even if you are just transiting for a flight lol

I think these uk rules will change for a lot of European countries by June or July   and maybe USA too 

6 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I think these uk rules will change for a lot of European countries by June or July   and maybe USA too 

Maybe, but there is no real logic right now. You cant plan anything based on what is likely because they are not following any logical method of what is safe and what isnt

8 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

Maybe, but there is no real logic right now. You cant plan anything based on what is likely because they are not following any logical method of what is safe and what isnt

The logic is number of cases and vaccine rollout 

They can predict, but not know what will happen in the future in other countries, hence the element of uncertainty and why you should book with operators with flexible booking conditions 😉

BBC News - Covid travel rules: 'Green list' countries to be revealed
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57021044

Edited by sgmn

3 hours ago, crazyank said:

2 hours ago, Daithi2021 said:

I wouldn't interpret their post as selfish. They are just stating what they would like. No matter what they hope happens for their cruise has no bearing on anyone else's situation so noone should feel offended by them.   So I wouldn't take it personally.  

I am on the same sailing as @Jimbo and I can totally empathise with him, because under current conditions he's definitely not going to get the trip he booked and has been looking forward to. Plus, he's coming a long way for an expensive sub-par experience.

I, on the other hand, am hoping the cruise will go ahead. But then I live in Europe, could even actually drive to Barcelona at a push, and have visited all the ports several times, so it would make no difference to me if I had to spend the entire cruise on the ship. I just want to get away for a holiday.

So I  would agree with @Daithi2021 on this. It's not really about being selfish, I think it just depends on your perspective and I have absolutely no hard feelings against Jimbo because he wants it not to happen.

• Like 5

On 5/7/2021 at 11:34 AM, FionaMG said:

A lady from the Italian tourist board said in an interview on Sky News this morning that Italy is going to be opening up to international tourism, including UK and US travellers, on the 16th of May.

We cannot fly to Italy from the UK unless we go the PCR and quarantine route. Very few countries on the green list at the moment.

1 hour ago, Fabulous97 said:

We cannot fly to Italy from the UK unless we go the PCR and quarantine route. Very few countries on the green list at the moment.

I know and most of them are either not letting Brits in or are so far flung there's not much point in having them on there anyway. Let's face it, how many people are queuing at travel agency doors to book a trip to Tristan da Cunha. 😞

• Like 1

I actually hope that my cruise out of Barcelona in September is cancelled too. I'm not comfortable travelling yet and I'd like to be able to lift and shift to next year and the only way of doing that is by Royal cancelling. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pandamonia said:

Well Carnival has stopped selling cruises till October other than 3 ships.

Funny how this matches what the TA has delisted for Royal too.

Wow , this seems like a good sign then, Royal never does anything first, they sure as hell won't come out and say cruising to Europe is a go ahead.

So I think for sure now Royal will cancel all this summer's Harmony cruises from Rome and Barcelona.

Well, they have Harmony already over here, out of dry dock and ready to go. The other day there was a tweet or FB post or something that I saw from the Captain about the entertainment on board. So I am kind of expecting some sort of change in itinerary, much like they did with Anthem, at least for July and August sailings. The question would then be will they carry that on past August and into September/October? If you look at what they did with Anthem, they only have the UK coastal cruises scheduled until 29 August. After that who knows? She is still showing Norwegian fjords and other "normal" European itineraries up for sale.

4 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Well, they have Harmony already over here, out of dry dock and ready to go. The other day there was a tweet or FB post or something that I saw from the Captain about the entertainment on board. So I am kind of expecting some sort of change in itinerary, much like they did with Anthem, at least for July and August sailings. The question would then be will they carry that on past August and into September/October? If you look at what they did with Anthem, they only have the UK coastal cruises scheduled until 29 August. After that who knows? She is still showing Norwegian fjords and other "normal" European itineraries up for sale.

They said on the last Coffee Morning chat that they were hoping for the normal European itineraries to continue on Anthem from Sept 5th.

Makes you wonder then why those sailings have been taken off various online websites though doesn't it. Been taken off the online agency I  have booked some past cruises off of.

Something is up. Changes are coming?

18 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I’m sailing on Anthem in September and DO hope we sail.