Royal Caribbean App - Working on the Fun?

I just wanted to see if any others are experiencing this... When I booked Harmony of the Seas for January 2nd, 2022 a few week back, I went to the app to load in my cruise and take a look around. The app successfully recognized my sailing, but that where it ends... I can't explore anything in the app and I receive a message that says, "We're working on the fun. Check back later for more details".  Is this common?

It's got one of my sailings with the wrong start date...........Should be September 23rd from Rome, has us leaving on the 26th from Barcelona.

RCI website, on MyCruises has it correct leaving on the 23rd.

Edited by Jimbo

I’m assuming you need to have WiFi on the ship to use the app? I think it would be helpful but I am also looking forward to a break from all the kids and hubby on the cell phones for a week. 🙂

11 minutes ago, mavo68 said:

I’m assuming you need to have WiFi on the ship to use the app? I think it would be helpful but I am also looking forward to a break from all the kids and hubby on the cell phones for a week. 🙂

You don't need to purchase a wifi plan to use the app onboard.

26 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Some find the availability of the menus pre-cruise somewhat useful. 

We use it mostly for the menus, so we can plan out what nights we want to skip Coastal Kitchen for one of the other venues.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It's got one of my sailings with the wrong start date...........Should be September 23rd from Rome, has us leaving on the 26th from Barcelona.

RCI website, on MyCruises has it correct leaving on the 23rd.

RCI IT systems don't handle interporting very well.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Where do you find the menus.  I'm looking but don't see anything.

Click on the dining icon at the bottomScreenshot_20210525-194104.thumb.jpg.cb8cd71591d03363d4688dd402c479af.jpg

Note that the menus may not be available yet for your particular sailing and also that they are not usually 100% reliable until you're on board (and sometimes not even then).

Edited by FionaMG

5 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Click on the dining icon at the bottomScreenshot_20210525-194104.thumb.jpg.cb8cd71591d03363d4688dd402c479af.jpg

Note that the menus may not be available yet for your particular sailing and also that they are not usually 100% reliable until you're on board (and sometimes not even then).

Thanks, I guess mine is not available.  It doesn't say unavailable like yours but no matter how far I drill down I still get nothing.

IMG_0233.thumb.PNG.92daebb3abc142c0e1570052a6af3a19.PNG

IMG_0234.thumb.PNG.3a259783e848985e16a8e8d2a3ab12b8.PNG

IMG_0235.thumb.PNG.7e7ac448cd942b4705d9bc2a5022d5ab.PNG

My experience has been you will not get updated information until you log in while your on board. I found that usually a month before I could get my set sail pass on the app but that was about it. Once I was aboard the app updated everything very nicely.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Thanks, I guess mine is not available.  It doesn't say unavailable like yours but no matter how far I drill down I still get nothing.

When it becomes available it will have a link to the menu just below where it says "find on deck". This one here is for Adventure departing on 12 June. 

Screenshot_20210525-210044.thumb.jpg.7a4abc749947f27b8ea0761ca11f03e0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does this app have communication between passengers?  We have sailed NCL with their app and definitely a lot easier to text my family as opposed to walking the entire ship to try to find them...Been a few years since I was on Adventure and there was no app then

• 1 month later...

Glad I found this thread as I'm having the same experience as the OP. Royal Caribbean sent me an email after booking encouraging me to download their "new" app. Once I did so, it showed the cruise I had booked but when I clicked it for more details I got the same "We're working on the fun. Check back later for more details" message. Hugely disappointing. I'm also booked on an NCL cruise and downloaded their app which is heaps better. I get all the same information I can get on the website. Royal Caribbean needs to up their tech game IMO as their website also lags significantly those of the other lines I've sailed with.

• Like 1

What i find weird is that “working on the fun” statement is in the app for our August Allure cruise, but every cruise after that one the app functions properly.

Edited by orville99

How bizarre. This is the only app I've ever encountered that doesn't sync with information on the entity's website. I can imagine it is likely useful onboard, but the email I received made it sound as if you could book add-ons, check-in, etc. with the app before cruising. It seems like something Royal Caribbean just threw together because all the other major lines had apps.

Edited by choose2cruz
typo

On 5/30/2021 at 4:55 AM, YankeesFan4Life said:

Does this app have communication between passengers?  We have sailed NCL with their app and definitely a lot easier to text my family as opposed to walking the entire ship to try to find them...Been a few years since I was on Adventure and there was no app then

Was just reading an announcement about it — costs $1.99 pp per day, must purchase for entire cruise.  We have the voom package for our first week, so going to see how WhatsApp works with WiFi first, before deciding to pay for the RCI version.  Being able to text when traveling with friends or family is very helpful.