The UK govt has scrapped Vaccine Passport plans

7 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Next review is 14th July,  wef 21st July.

But with cases on the rise again Scientists are pushing for full opening to be delayed a few more weeks. 

Big push to get the teens and twenties vaccinated.  Seems to be a race between vaccination and variants.

Yesterday we had just one death from Covid though 

Final payment on October 9th sailing is before then.  Did buy our plane tix today, using points.  I'mbeing hopef7

Edited by njkruzer
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, sgmn said:

But with cases on the rise again Scientists are pushing for full opening to be delayed a few more weeks. 

Big push to get the teens and twenties vaccinated.  Seems to be a race between vaccination and variants.

Yesterday we had just one death from Covid though 

I think you mean June

I have no issues with having some kind of passport/ chip in my driving licence if it means I’m free to travel ! ✈️ 🚢 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, little britain said:

I think you mean June

I have no issues with having some kind of passport/ chip in my driving licence if it means I’m free to travel ! ✈️ 🚢 

Sorry yes June !!! It's to early,  haven't had coffee yet 🙃

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Some Conservative MP's and business people are pushing to keep the 21st June date 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yogimax said:

No, Memorial Day is to remember the sacrifice of those who have died.  Many find it offensive to say "Happy Memorial Day."

And yet we have Barbecues, Golf, Shop Sales and start our Summer Fun this Weekend. Though agree and get your point I don't stress the later myself. Most years I start the Weekend Planting American Flags at a National Cemetery...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mariketa said:

It's a good day! The UK govt has scrapped its vaccine passport plans. Science is showing that vaccinated antibodies and infection based antibodies can be long lasting (decades or longer), and it all feels like the world is getting back to normal! Happy Memorial Day. Thank every one of you who served for your service (I know it's not the day to thank, but it's just so important) and a greater thanks to those you have loved who have been lost.

Sorry - completely wrong.  We already have our Vaccine Passport downloaded on an App with QR codes and ready to go.  

You may be getting confused with the initial discussions of having Vaccine Passports for pubs/ bars and similar but that was shelved some time ago.

Vaccine Passports are, IMHO, the way to go to enable safe travel - the British Government realised this hence why I have had mine available for at least a month, within my National Health Service (NHS) App.  

Edited by Jeannie333333
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, little britain said:

I think you mean June

Its in the NHS App, hopefully yours will be downloaded to your UK surgery and so the info is available 🙂 

6 hours ago, BOOKBOOKBOOK said:

Do you mind sharing the science behind infection-based antibodies being long-lasting to the length of decades or more? To make a similar argument that those against the COVID vaccines tout, there are currently no longitudinal studies or data to support this claim. Also, just because antibodies are long-lasting, it does not mean they are robust in terms of immune response (see the UC Irvine study I embedded below).

I haven't done a lot of reading about those with natural immunity, but there's science out there that suggest immune response from mRNA COVID-19 vaccines is more robust than natural infection. I would love for those previously infected to be as protected as those fully vaccinated, but more scientific investigation needs to be done to evaluate the policy implications for this.

You simply need to do the reading of the current emerging research and studies by highly accredited sources.  👍

• Like 2

8 hours ago, yogimax said:

No, Memorial Day is to remember the sacrifice of those who have died.  Many find it offensive to say "Happy Memorial Day."

Personally speaking, I never say Happy Memorial Day, but the fact is these days, people are offended by everything. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

As others have said it is already in our NHS app, clearly says mine and have a QR code to prove it. It will be required for international travel and cruising. I know RCI will ask for it on our July cruise to nowhere from Southampton.

No covid passports for events, sports etc

France and Germany have pretty much banned the UK now.

1 hour ago, Fabulous97 said:

As others have said it is already in our NHS app, clearly says mine and have a QR code to prove it. It will be required for international travel and cruising. I know RCI will ask for it on our July cruise to nowhere from Southampton.

No covid passports for events, sports etc

France and Germany have pretty much banned the UK now.

EU are talking about vaccine passports up and running by July.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a366d154-c2c5-11eb-a26e-4c086490cfe1?shareToken=46aa701dd07fdc1cf3134d3833be6535

11 hours ago, yogimax said:

I knew someone would say this, and yet I do not care. There is never, ever a bad or wrong day to honor heroes. If someone finds it offensive, I think that's their problem.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mariketa said:

I knew someone would say this, and yet I do not care. There is never, ever a bad or wrong day to honor heroes. If someone finds it offensive, I think that's their problem.

The problem is NOT with honoring heroes.  It is implying that we should be happy in reflecting on the the sacrifice and losses on the battlefield.

4 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Personally speaking, I never say Happy Memorial Day, but the fact is these days, people are offended by everything. 

Sounds like you are offended that I am offended.