Beyond fed up with website and Medallion app

Nerkbuck

23 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

Instead of just complaining about this issue,I, wonder if there's anything we can DO about it???

Spoke to a rep regarding concerns and she advised to email Princess....as she said the more complaints/feedback they get the more they listen......just saying what I was told😉

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, beaglesandducks said:

Happy2cruise    I added my husband to my app and was able to add info, documents, etc about him   He has a smart phone but he would rather be added to my medallionapp  so far so good

Thanks beaglesandducks for you reply......so you used one app for the both of you, was it hard to do?

In reply to beaglesandducks, I first set my account, but the app only allowed me to put in the two pictures and pin.  I then set up an account for my dh and lo and behold, it added my info to his.  I can only access my info by signing in under his password!

48 minutes ago, Happy2cruise said:

Thanks beaglesandducks for you reply......so you used one app for the both of you, was it hard to do?

There was an option to select who u r traveling with and i added him   A downside might be if we can only use my iphone to enter cabin  but we may be able to get him a card from guest services     I added his photo id, security id, passport etc

11 minutes ago, roamerfromtexas said:

In reply to beaglesandducks, I first set my account, but the app only allowed me to put in the two pictures and pin.  I then set up an account for my dh and lo and behold, it added my info to his.  I can only access my info by signing in under his password!

I am a trial & error user (old school i guess)   It will be interesting how this all pans out when we are in seattle in august

This information is great, but everytime I try to open the app it crashes...also, I definitely do NOT want to be carrying my Iphone with me all the time...that’s why I go on vacation...to get away from it all...Princess, you’re putting too much stress back into my vacation!!!

• Like 5

On 6/4/2021 at 8:59 AM, Grego said:

We actually look on the bright side of this and marvel at what they have done to bring on the most advanced method of furthering the experience aboard all their ships by leading the way with the implementation of the medallion.

Please pass the Kool-Aid(tm).  Thanks.

• Like 1

Does anybody know, if all check in is thru the app and there is no paper, what about luggage tags  with the checked baggage that you’re not carrying on the ship with you.  How do those get tagged?  I haven’t sailed on a Medallion cruise yet.  

thanks, Diane 

11 minutes ago, PrincessDano said:

Does anybody know, if all check in is thru the app and there is no paper, what about luggage tags  with the checked baggage that you’re not carrying on the ship with you.  How do those get tagged?  I haven’t sailed on a Medallion cruise yet.  

thanks, Diane 

You will still be able to print luggage tags within 75 days of departure.

2 hours ago, beaglesandducks said:

There was an option to select who u r traveling with and i added him   A downside might be if we can only use my iphone to enter cabin  but we may be able to get him a card from guest services     I added his photo id, security id, passport etc

He (and you) will use your Medallion to enter your room, not a phone.  You should be able to order the Medallions and accessories from the app and have them sent to your home before you leave.  You can also order the Medallions to be waiting at the embarkation port for you when you arrive, which is the default option for anyone who didn't order their Medallions ahead of time.  

I've used the Medallion app on several cruises pre-Covid.  I'm no longer able to sign in to the app.  I've deleted the app and re-installed it.  Still unable to log in.  My log in ID and password have not changed.  I confirmed this on my personalizer.  I've clicked on the "forgot my password" on the app and a message pops up saying "reset instructions will be mailed to my email address".  The instructions never appear in my inbox or spam folder.  I've tried logging in with my booking number....no luck.   Has anyone else had this problem?   

18 hours ago, kamelia said:

He (and you) will use your Medallion to enter your room, not a phone.  You should be able to order the Medallions and accessories from the app and have them sent to your home before you leave.  You can also order the Medallions to be waiting at the embarkation port for you when you arrive, which is the default option for anyone who didn't order their Medallions ahead of time.  

Yes!  I realized that after i posted  i already ordered the medallions and lanyards to pick up at the port  thanks

23 hours ago, riffatsea said:

Instead of just complaining about this issue,I, wonder if there's anything we can DO about it???

Very simple solution - don't cruise on Princess any more and tell them why.  Essentially all the major cruise lines are the same and also sale essentially the same itineraries.  Tell me one thing that Princess does that is significantly different from what 5 other cruise lines do.  

DON

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Very simple solution - don't cruise on Princess any more and tell them why.  Essentially all the major cruise lines are the same and also sale essentially the same itineraries.  Tell me one thing that Princess does that is significantly different from what 5 other cruise lines do.  

DON

Because after 38 cruises with Princess I am too used to the perks I have as an Elite passenger. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We book suites on Princess. I like the suite perks and the amenities in the cabin

I will probably a bly still cruise but I am not a sheep just following the crowds. If something angers me I try to do something about it

If more people did the same we would have more clout

• Like 2

On 6/5/2021 at 7:03 AM, riffatsea said:

I have a smart phone and I also have apps on it that I use all the time

I don't like being forced to get an app by Princess!

It sounds like now you MUST download the app in order to check in and sail

To me this is coercion by a company . This was not in place when I booked my cruise. I love Princess but hate the feeling I have now about this whole experience!

I’ve used the MedallionClass™ app on a few of my cruises and I really liked it. Check-in was a breeze.   Nothing like walking up to your door and having it unlock when your hands are full.  February 2020, while I was in my cabin late at night watching movies, I used the app to order room service. It was great!  Plus I get to wear a really pretty bracelet with my medallion in it.  You may end up loving it.  I know I do. They will get things straightened out. And if that’s the worst thing we have to worry about then we are blessed.

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

On 6/4/2021 at 7:59 AM, voljeep said:

so, the app i used a couple of years ago to upload passports, photos, order medallions has not been updated, so I need to delete that and download a completely new app ??

Did you delete the old app?  If so, what does the new one look like? Does it look the same when you go to choose it in the App Store?

7 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I’ve used the MedallionClass™ app on a few of my cruises and I really liked it. Check-in was a breeze.   Nothing like walking up to your door and having it unlock when your hands are full.  February 2020, while I was in my cabin late at night watching movies, I used the app to order room service. It was great!  Plus I get to wear a really pretty bracelet with my medallion in it.  You may end up loving it.  I know I do. They will get things straightened out. And if that’s the worst thing we have to worry about then we are blessed.

I am glad you enjoyed using the app

I enjoy using the apps that I have on my phone too!

I don't think you understood my point

I CHOSE to put those apps on my phone

Noone forced me to use them

Princess is insisting on the app in order to check in

Can you name any other business that insiste you use their app in order to do business with them?

I think not

I would be happy to check in on my computer as inthe past

Then if I need the medallion on the ship to get into my room I'd be happy to do that as it would be like needing a room key

My upset is over the requirement for the app in order to sail and check in

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

I am glad you enjoyed using the app

I enjoy using the apps that I have on my phone too!

I don't think you understood my point

I CHOSE to put those apps on my phone

Noone forced me to use them

Princess is insisting on the app in order to check in

Can you name any other business that insiste you use their app in order to do business with them?

I think not

I would be happy to check in on my computer as inthe past

Then if I need the medallion on the ship to get into my room I'd be happy to do that as it would be like needing a room key

My upset is over the requirement for the app in order to sail and check in

I understand. To me though being upset is not worth the energy.  There are so many awful things going on in this world and this app is just a tiny irritation. I guess we have one of two choices… We can use the app or we can sail with a different cruise line.  I’m sticking with Princess. 

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, riffatsea said:

Can you name any other business that insist you use their app in order to do business with them?

In my experience, tons of businesses in the travel industry OFFER apps for customer convenience, and many are great to have, but I do not have one I am forced to use in order to do business with them.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I understand. To me though being upset is not worth the energy.  There are so many awful things going on in this world and this app is just a tiny irritation. I guess we have one of two choices… We can use the app or we can sail with a different cruise line.  I’m sticking with Princess. 

It is more than a tiny irritation for those of us who do not have smart phones or compatible tablets or do have smart phones but with older versions of the operating system. Princess makes it impossible for us to fill out required information or select dining preferences or learn about the assigned boarding time or ... etc.

• Like 3

On 6/5/2021 at 12:36 AM, c-boy said:

I was informed by my travel assistant, that she had to delete and download that app to get current features. 

I might give this a go as the app just says loading then drops out 🤔

• Like 1