Process Details for the Celebrity Millennium Sint Maarten Sailings

Seany527

8 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

Everyone gets the basic drinks package these days so no cruise only fares any more. We only drink soda and tonic water but do like one cocktail per cruise. Also I might have a hot chocolate once in a while.

Not true. As I have looked at various cruises, even as early as the Edge July 3 (looked yesterday...), there ARE cruise only fares, even at the Suite level.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

Everyone gets the basic drinks package these days so no cruise only fares any more. We only drink soda and tonic water but do like one cocktail per cruise. Also I might have a hot chocolate once in a while.

When the cruise line comps you, it is normally a cruise only fare in some cases (with other inclusions added by them)... which might be the case for the blogger mentioned above.

16 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

Everyone gets the basic drinks package these days so no cruise only fares any more.

When you book from The Netherlands all inside cabins are cruise only - no drink package (nor tips, nor wifi) is included.

8 minutes ago, KKB said:

Not true. As I have looked at various cruises, even as early as the Edge July 3 (looked yesterday...), there ARE cruise only fares, even at the Suite level.

If you look at Celebrity website it says " always included" so there would be no difference in fares. Only have the US website to compare. The European sites are usually different. I know my sister in UK gets much higher prices and less : perks: than we do.

Edited by gmjc2

11 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

It is not accurate to say that everyone gets the “always included” packages. Some of the blue-chip members who get a free or discounted cruise do not get the “always included” package. On this particular cruise there were others who did not, including some of the reporting staff from the media.

Eventually, there will be people who book last minute who will not get the “ always included”. package

And I speculate that when crewmembers are allowed to bring family members on board, they will not be getting the “always included” package either.

Of course this exceptions are possible but these do not apply to 90% of the passengers.

6 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

If you look at Celebrity website it says " always included" so there would be no difference in fares. Only have the US website to compare. The European sites are usually different. I know my sister in UK gets much higher prices and less : perks: than we do.

Again, NOT TRUE. I looked at rooms with both fares. 

Significant difference in price & when you get to the last page itemizing the prices, the "Cruise only" fare does not list wifi, tips or drinks, while the full fare does.

Go see for yourself.

• Like 1

Just now, KKB said:

Again, NOT TRUE. I looked at rooms with both fares. 

Significant difference in price & when you get to the last page itemizing the prices, the "Cruise only" fare does not list wifi, tips or drinks, while the full fare does.

Go see for yourself.

You win! We should  just ignore the always included if you say so.

We certainly did not pay a higher fare for the " always included- why would we as we are Elite and get most of the perks anyway!

1 hour ago, imtired1959 said:

I am nearing the threshold of canceling DallasGuy.  Emails to Celebrity go unanswered. 

We will need to get the RT-PCR tests twice: once to get the EHAS requirements and again (at our cost) as soon as we get to St. Maarten to be allowed on board. 

It is this second test that even if the plane lands on time, we will have a 24 hour window for a result.  We will also miss the CWC window.  

Speaking of which, I also bought the Celebrity insurance.   Would I be able to recover the insurance premium cost if I bailed?

This is what I sent to X. Feel free to copy/paste and send it yourself:

To: CelebrityEngagementCenter@celebritycruises.com

Subject: disservice to St Maarten

You are cheating that country out of the ability to earn desperately-needed tourist dollars with your latest policy! We--and many others, according to Cruise Critic--are choosing to fly in a few days later than originally planned, in order to avoid the nightmarish tangle of timelines and types of covid testing required. We will save over $300 (that we would have had to spend on tests and taxi in SXM) by doing so, not to mention half a day of our vacation--and stress of hoping we got our test results back in time. But we will also "save" the costs of hotel, meals, shopping, etc. that we had actually intended to pay for, along with of course frustration and peace of mind. Shame on you; you should have stuck with your original plan to give the antigen test to everyone (all VACCINATED anyway!) at the dock. Hope that our other cruise lines are more reasonable about this matter. 

• Like 1

Certainly depends on the ship, cruise & cabin class what the price difference would be.

For these IV cabins on the Edge July 3 the difference is $340pp.

For someone who doesn't drink (or doesn't drink much), has no interest in fancy coffees, etc., the Cruise only option may be the better option. For my parents (who also wouldn't use Wi-fi), the Cruise Only option would make more sense. 

For DH & I, the drinks package ALWAYS makes sense.🤣

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 10.31.41 AM.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KKB said:

Certainly depends on the ship, cruise & cabin class what the price difference would be.

For these IV cabins on the Edge July 3 the difference is $340pp.

For someone who doesn't drink (or doesn't drink much), has no interest in fancy coffees, etc., the Cruise only option may be the better option. For my parents (who also wouldn't use Wi-fi), the Cruise Only option would make more sense. 

For DH & I, the drinks package ALWAYS makes sense.🤣

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 10.31.41 AM.png

Don't forget you still need to pay the gratuities and you can't pick the desired cabins if it is Cruise-only fare.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, verizon said:

Don't forget you still need to pay the gratuities and you can't pick the desired cabins if it is Cruise-only fare.

Absolutely. I'm not saying it's for ME.

But again--for the budget minded person who doesn't drink, is fine being offline while on the cruise (which I admit--was kinda wonderful at one time...), it's nice that it is an option. 

Edited by KKB

2 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Can we please put a hold on the thread drift?

OP has said there is poor internet onboard, and scrolling past internal argument is not going to make it any easier for her to post updates for us. 

If the internet connectivity is so very poor even viewing a mostly text-based web page is a problem, there's really nothing that we can do or not do here that'd help. And if the internet is bad onboard with just 600 passengers, I cannot see how it'd be related to internet being mostly available to every passenger, anyway. But if it were because of it, it'd still be more relevant than most off-topic conversations tend to get. 🙂

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

OP has said there is poor internet onboard, and scrolling past internal argument is not going to make it any easier for her to post updates for us. 

Agree let the OP do their thing...us posting pictures from land isn't helping them.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, imtired1959 said:

I am nearing the threshold of canceling DallasGuy.  Emails to Celebrity go unanswered. 

We will need to get the RT-PCR tests twice: once to get the EHAS requirements and again (at our cost) as soon as we get to St. Maarten to be allowed on board. 

It is this second test that even if the plane lands on time, we will have a 24 hour window for a result.  We will also miss the CWC window.  

Speaking of which, I also bought the Celebrity insurance.   Would I be able to recover the insurance premium cost if I bailed?

Aren't you not sailing until the end of July?  Lots can happen between now and then.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Aren't you not sailing until the end of July?  Lots can happen between now and then.

Abby, I agree.  Lots can happen but I want to be aware of as much of the situation as it evolves, that I can be. 

As a result of chatting with folks here I have learned of a few testing places in St. Maarten that may be a reasonable solution to our dilemma.  I have also learned not to expect timely or even correct boarding procedures from Celebrity.  Seany has been a wealth of information on what to expect at the airport and cruise port. 

The end of July will come sooner than we think.  So rather than be in a panic on whether to board the plane or not on Thursday, I just want to be aware of options well ahead of time.   

Consider this to be a muster drill.  🚢

Just want to make sure I go the right place at the right time if I hear the horn blow seven times.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sofietucker said:

This is what I sent to X. Feel free to copy/paste and send it yourself:

To: CelebrityEngagementCenter@celebritycruises.com

Subject: disservice to St Maarten

You are cheating that country out of the ability to earn desperately-needed tourist dollars with your latest policy! We--and many others, according to Cruise Critic--are choosing to fly in a few days later than originally planned, in order to avoid the nightmarish tangle of timelines and types of covid testing required. We will save over $300 (that we would have had to spend on tests and taxi in SXM) by doing so, not to mention half a day of our vacation--and stress of hoping we got our test results back in time. But we will also "save" the costs of hotel, meals, shopping, etc. that we had actually intended to pay for, along with of course frustration and peace of mind. Shame on you; you should have stuck with your original plan to give the antigen test to everyone (all VACCINATED anyway!) at the dock. Hope that our other cruise lines are more reasonable about this matter. 

Well put Sofie!  I planned the extra days in St. Maarten based on Celebrity's original procedure to do the antigen test.

Edited by imtired1959

10 minutes ago, imtired1959 said:

Abby, I agree.  Lots can happen but I want to be aware of as much of the situation as it evolves, that I can be. 

The end of July will come sooner than we think.  So rather than be in a panic on whether to board the plane or not on Thursday, I just want to be aware of options well ahead of time.   

Consider this to be a muster drill.  🚢

Just want to make sure I go the right place at the right time if I hear the horn blow seven times.

I agree on knowing as much as possible.  I don't plan to start really working on it until July, but that said, I actually have an appointment for a test 5 days before arriving in St. Maartin.  I'll do a second test on Wednesday if necessary.  If St. Maarten only requires proof of vaccine, I'll move the test to Wednesday.

1 hour ago, EatonDoolittle said:

My apologies...unfortunately a screenshot seemed to be the only way to get facts out there.

Seany527, thank you for taking us along on your cruise!  Everything you've commented on has been a positive experience for you, and I'm most appreciative that you chose to share your experiences with us.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kezza said:

Not sure why everyone is worried about the dining room...

So for me, it's purely a comfort issue.  It's hard to squeeze between tables placed that closely together.  I understand why it won't happen - but to be honest, some of the extra distance between tables is something I had hoped might stay after things return to normal.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mrp4352 said:

So for me, it's purely a comfort issue.  It's hard to squeeze between tables placed that closely together.  I understand why it won't happen - but to be honest, some of the extra distance between tables is something I had hoped might stay after things return to normal.

I don't like squeezing in, and I don't like other people squeezing in while I am seated, with their butt shoved into my face.  It is NOT enjoyable.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, abbydancer said:

I agree on knowing as much as possible.  I don't plan to start really working on it until July, but that said, I actually have an appointment for a test 5 days before arriving in St. Maartin.  I'll do a second test on Wednesday if necessary.  If St. Maarten only requires proof of vaccine, I'll move the test to Wednesday.

Found the links below that give a day by day travel blog.  Lots of good information here.

I now give my chances of boarding to be about one in seven.  

Hey... it’s up from 1 in 20!

As of June 5th, it looks like some folks who are in transit beyond the 72 hour window (Wednesday afternoon for us) will still need to scramble for the RT-PCT test based on the first link of the URLs below.

For the June 5th cruse, if your RT-PCR results were late, they did do the antigen test at the pier.

However, I have read that this was the exception for the June 5th folks.  Still have not heard back from Celebrity on why their webpage is different than their emails!

https://cruise.blog/2021/06/live-blogging-celebrity-millennium-first-big-ship-cruise-allow-americans-more-year

https://cruise.blog/2021/06/live-celebrity-millennium-onboard-and-unmasked

https://cruise.blog/2021/06/live-celebrity-millennium-buffet-better-wi-fi-not

https://cruise.blog/2021/06/live-celebrity-millennium-ship-sponsored-excursions

Some good news: I did get my new confirmation emailed to me today.  New ship, same cabin assignment (as we all figured).  The smartphone app now shows MDR and Bar menus and safety videos but still says I am on the Millennium.

Bad news: (again the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing) the confirmation email makes no mention of Cruise with Confidence plan and text contained in the .pdf reads:

image.thumb.png.0d1cfef4551ddfa59b90863b7b97d8ce.png

The smartphone app now shows MDR and Bar menus and safety videos but still says I am on the Millennium.

Good luck to all of us.