Horrible planning and decision making by Royal

Just now, not-enough-cruising said:

No sir, you are correct......for now.

With college requirements on the rise an an exponential rate, I can see public school systems making the requirement in the 2022-2023 school year

Perhaps...... but only after it is run through the proper testing and approvals. I don't think it'll be mandated as is. 

22 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Certain vaccines I'm sure. Probably properly approved vaccines that struck children w/ a disease and created deaths in children. Covid is not properly approved yet and covid does not infect the child like it does the adult. Or create death in children

Wow, that comment just struck me odd. I have never thought of death as being created. I've always viewed it as being caused or the process of life ending.  Seriously, I'm not criticizing your post. Just a musing thought on my part.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Certain vaccines I'm sure. Probably properly approved vaccines that struck children w/ a disease and created deaths in children. Covid is not properly approved yet and covid does not infect the child like it does the adult. Or create death in children. 

Mutiple universities in New England are requiring covid vaccination for students to return to campus in the fall.

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Mutiple universities in New England are requiring covid vaccination for students to return to campus in the fall.

Well I would expect nothing less from the N.E. area tbh. And that's a shame. Those kids have some serious choices to make if the vaccine goes against their beliefs. They either go to the school they have always desired via a vaccine or go somewhere else. Crazy. Especially since the age group has never really seen harm in covid (statistically).  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Well I would expect nothing less from the N.E. area tbh. And that's a shame. Those kids have some serious choices to make if the vaccine goes against their beliefs. They either go to the school they have always desired via a vaccine or go somewhere else. Crazy. Especially since the age group has never really seen harm in covid (statistically).  

I don't disagree. I have several patients who are right now struggling with the decision. One has had covid and has antibodies. I went as far as to contact the school to see if they were making exceptions for antibody positive people. No go. That has always been an acceptable alternative for people who could not produce vaccination records for whatever reason.

By the way, I seriously doubt that this is unique to N.E. schools.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't disagree. I have several patients who are right now struggling with the decision. One has had covid and has antibodies. I went as far as to contact the school to see if they were making exceptions for antibody positive people. No go. That has always been an acceptable alternative for people who could not produce vaccination records for whatever reason.

OB, so you are saying that schools are anti science. 😂  I mean normally when you have a viral infection and you live, you have the same antibodies that you get from the vaccine.  In fact it should be superior to the vaccine.  This has always seemed weird to me.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

OB, so you are saying that schools are anti science. 😂  I mean normally when you have a viral infection and you live, you have the same antibodies that you get from the vaccine.  In fact it should be superior to the vaccine.  This has always seemed weird to me.  

If we were on a ship, or lived closer and you unlocked your wine cellar, we could have a very long and deep philosophical duscussion about this subject, medicine, and life. Then when you see how my wine influenced mind works you'd probably never want to run into me again... even in line at the flow rider.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BSocial said:

Texas does not have a State Law

Gov Abbott signed an executive order, not a law, but a rule.  I am not aware of a court challenge to the executive order.  My question was to the OP, whose cruise is out of Nassau, BS.  I did not hear that RCL dropped the vaccine requirement for any place other than TX and FL.

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If we were on a ship, or lived closer and you unlocked your wine cellar, we could have a very long and deep philosophical duscussion about this subject, medicine, and life. Then when you see how my wine influenced mind works you'd probably never want to run into me again... even in line at the flow rider.

No lock on the wine cellar, stocked fairly decently, at the moment come on down.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That doesn't fit the narative😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, msears101 said:

Gov Abbott signed an executive order, not a law, but a rule.  I am not aware of a court challenge to the executive order.  My question was to the OP, whose cruise is out of Nassau, BS.  I did not hear that RCL dropped the vaccine requirement for any place other than TX and FL.

A bill was passed that will take effect 90 days from June 1st.  The law is similar to the Florida law. SB 968.

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Queen City, or Table Rock?

There are several bottles of Prosecco and a few bottles of Kim Crawford SB, and maybe a bottle of a cheap red at TR.  In QC, there is a large 700 bottle a/c box with about 250 bottles of mostly expensive red wine a dozen or so dessert wines, my wife’s furs, some Meinl coffee and tea.  I think that is all.  

Several years ago it was mostly full with expensive red wine.  I think I am closer to my expiration date, so, I am sharing the bounty with friends for the last several years and it is dwindling.  At expected worst case, in 3 years, it will be empty.  If the MIL passes, she is approaching 95 and nowhere near passing it will get emptied sooner... aka arrival of Airstream.

• Thanks 1

I understand people wanting to cruise but other than the private islands and Mexico no islands are going to let people on cruise ships in. 
Many islands even if your vaccinated require some type of quarantine . 

wish I could get more excited but ships getting out to sea is only half the battle 

5 minutes ago, Catnip said:

😬😮  Wow......glad I didn't go to school up there.

I love the genius talking point that just because kids have to vaccinated to attend school it follows that adults can be forced to partake in a drug or vaccine.

This is called a logical fallacy and is frequently employed by the ignorant.

A cruise line is not a school and its customers are not children. Well, not usually.

• Like 3

Royal Caribbean Site-Times Change, So Do Our Protocols
We’re continually evaluating these protocols and will make updates as public health standards evolve. Booked guests will be advised of the latest requirements within 30 days of sailing... Nothing certain but change. Mask's, Vaccine, Ships. As said on CC by some 30 days notice too short notice, then others don't really care

10 hours ago, ChuckRambo said:

I love the genius talking point that just because kids have to vaccinated to attend school it follows that adults can be forced to partake in a drug or vaccine.

This is called a logical fallacy and is frequently employed by the ignorant.

A cruise line is not a school and its customers are not children. Well, not usually.

Insults are often employed by those with little to contribute.

Just think of all those unvaccinated people who purchased July sailings last week who are now mad because they may have to wear mask everywhere on the ship including outside, pay extra, be limited what they can do on the ship, and even may not be allowed off the ship in some ports...

I complained about Royal changing the rules after I booked because I only wanted vaccinated adults onboard and was told by many to just deal with it because things change! 

Hope y’all all feel the same way now…..

Edited by CruisingHogFan
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 1:09 AM, Biker19 said:

Thing is, that (the fear part) doesn't work on some in the CC universe.

You got that right!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Lot of fear and paranoia evident

Edited by Catnip