London Pub Night

15 minutes ago, Thrak said:

If you attend the Pub Night be careful. If you don't want to be "selected" to participate don't sit up front.

But it's soooo fun! Got selected and had a blast!

I've only been on one voyage where their was a London Pub Night show in the Explorer's Lounge.  I thought it was fantastic.  But was under the impression that much of it had to do with who was the Cruise Director (since he was a very important character).

Can't remember the sailing or ship.

Since it was so interactive, I can't imagine that they will bring it back any time soon.

3 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

But it's soooo fun! Got selected and had a blast!

Been there, done that. Twice. Once was "whatever" and the other time they chose me to read a part in their skit. After I said my part, the guy stopped and said, "What the heck? You're better than any of us!" and after the skit gave me a bottle of (quite drinkable!) champagne. The other time both my wife and I were pulled up onto the stage to do stuff. That was the first time. The second time we were sort of up front but off to the side to avoid participation but I got nailed anyway. I actually really enjoyed that second time and nailed my lines (with accent!) perfectly. 😁

I just know that some folks would totally dread being chosen and wanted to let them know it can happen.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I've only been on one voyage where their was a London Pub Night show in the Explorer's Lounge.  I thought it was fantastic.  But was under the impression that much of it had to do with who was the Cruise Director (since he was a very important character).

Can't remember the sailing or ship.

Since it was so interactive, I can't imagine that they will bring it back any time soon.

The CD can have a tremendous impact on a number of the activities. The Pub Night, Liars Club, Majority Rules, etc. are especially impacted. Another one (one in which we would never participate is the Newlywed Game (or whatever it's called) - I can't remember at the moment. We have watched it a few times and it seems more appropriate for a Carnival cruise. We have also seen Trivia and even the pre-show and post-show things impacted greatly by either a fantastic CD or a totally worthless CD. Some have been fantastic and really increased our pleasure in the cruise. A couple have been pathetic and one was abysmal. Sadly, the entire CD staff seems to reflect the attitude and competence of the CD.

I clearly remember one cruise where an assistant CD stood out head and shoulders above all the other staff. I told him that one day he was going to be a truly great CD. He just seemed so "into it" and really seemed to pour himself into his role as Assistant CD.

As it turned out, I seem to have been correct. His name was Matt O'Brien. Sadly, we have yet to sail with him as CD but, according to about a bazillion other folks, he really is a great CD.

Edited by Thrak

When cruising resumes, we have no idea how many (and which) of the past CDs (good or bad) will be returning to Princess.

Thus hard to predict what activities will be a part of a Princess future cruise.