Name of the upgrade program

Lane412000

It seems like it has been "years" since we cruised (February 2020).  I recall being able to bid on cabin upgrades, but I do not recall the specifics of the program.  Questions I have are what is the program name, when can you place a bid, do you place the bid through the Celebrity website and any other information you can provide.  Has anyone ever had positive results when placing a bid?

TIA

9 minutes ago, Lane412000 said:

It seems like it has been "years" since we cruised (February 2020).  I recall being able to bid on cabin upgrades, but I do not recall the specifics of the program.  Questions I have are what is the program name, when can you place a bid, do you place the bid through the Celebrity website and any other information you can provide.  Has anyone ever had positive results when placing a bid?

TIA

Celebrity MoveUp. Are you booking directly with Celerity or a TA? 

Edited by davekathy

Program is Move Up.  In the past if upgrades were offered it was close to sailing +/- 30 days.  Sometimes people were invited to bid by a emailed  link.  I think you could also bid by checking your reservation in your account. 

You can also find more detail on the Celebrity website (at least in the US) if you don't receive an email.  Click the hamburger menu in the top left and Celebrity MoveUp is listed in the "Already Booked" section of the menu.  

Who knows if this program will even return - but it made them $$ so I'm thinking eventually yes.

We usually book Aqua Class, so our Move Up bids have been for suite level.  We've bid over minimum several times but never got an upgrade.  I think lower level cabins might have a better chance (i.e., balcony to Concierge, Concierge to Aqua, etc.. - although sometimes Concierge is higher priced than Aqua so not sure who moves up to who🙂)

What would be nice is if they considered making upgrade offers to Elite Plus guests first (then Elite) before the "general public" as a way to help make up for the loss of other benefits due to inclusive pricing!

Edited by phoenix_dream
  • Like 2

We are sailing on the Millennium on June 26th.  I received an email today offering us to bid and "MoveUp".  This is our first ever time cruising in a Sky Suite.  I will add that we booked directly with Celebrity.  It's already a splurge for us.  My husband is retiring and we're celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary.  The lowest bid to move from a Sky Suite to a Celebrity Suite is $600 per person, Royal Suite minimum is $800 pp and the Penthouse Suite is a minimum bid of $1500 pp.  I just can't justify the extra money.  Plus we are cruising alone this time.  We usually go with a group.  If we had more people then perhaps a larger suite would be worth it for entertaining.  We'll stick with the Sky Suite and enjoy the "Suite Perks".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, slanik said:

We are sailing on the Millennium on June 26th.  I received an email today offering us to bid and "MoveUp".  This is our first ever time cruising in a Sky Suite.  I will add that we booked directly with Celebrity.  It's already a splurge for us.  My husband is retiring and we're celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary.  The lowest bid to move from a Sky Suite to a Celebrity Suite is $600 per person, Royal Suite minimum is $800 pp and the Penthouse Suite is a minimum bid of $1500 pp.  I just can't justify the extra money.  Plus we are cruising alone this time.  We usually go with a group.  If we had more people then perhaps a larger suite would be worth it for entertaining.  We'll stick with the Sky Suite and enjoy the "Suite Perks".

You will LOVE your sky suite.  Happy retirement and a very happy 40th anniversary!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, slanik said:

What a nice way to celebrate!  You won't regret your choice!  Thanks for confirming that the program is still active.  We've successfully bid on a couple of upgrades in the past and are hoping for the opportunity on our next cruise!  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

So, I have on board credit from prices falling on my June 19th, Millennium St. Maarten cruise.

I received MoveUp offers this week.

If I bid on an upgrade and win, will I loose the OBC?

1 hour ago, slanik said:

Wow!! your move up bids are much better than ours on June 19th.  We are also on a Sky Suite  but  we booked through a TA.

The minimum bid to move from the Sky Suite to a Celebrity Suite is $1500 per person.  Royal Suite and Edge Villa $2000 per person; Penthouse $3500 p.p. and $8,000 p.p to move up to the Iconic Suite. 

2 hours ago, rad798 said:

So, I have on board credit from prices falling on my June 19th, Millennium St. Maarten cruise.

I received MoveUp offers this week.

If I bid on an upgrade and win, will I loose the OBC?

No, you keep whatever perks/offers were included in your original booking. If you move up to a suite but don't already have the premium beverage package, you won't get it unless you move up to a royal or higher.

11 hours ago, Cdresser said:

No, you keep whatever perks/offers were included in your original booking. If you move up to a suite but don't already have the premium beverage package, you won't get it unless you move up to a royal or higher.

I don't think I have see this related information - if you had Aquaclass and MoveUp to a suite, do you get Luminae or stay in Blu? 

25 minutes ago, HskrCrsr said:

I don't think I have see this related information - if you had Aquaclass and MoveUp to a suite, do you get Luminae or stay in Blu? 

Luminae

• Thanks 1