Ncl announces more summer deployment- Gem is back

Of course, we all know that just because NcL announces it, doesn’t make it true. But I thought it Interesting they plan to deploy the Gem from Miami beginning in august-

• Norwegian Gem will cruise seven-day itineraries to the Caribbean beginning August 15, 2021 and a four-day voyage to the Bahamas in November from Miami;

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25170-norwegian-cruise-line-expands-summer-u-s-restart-plan-from-more-ports.html

• Like 3

Here is the rest of the list and answers the question about the bliss/encore movement 

~Additional itineraries on Norwegian Breakaway are open for sale to Bermuda starting September 26, 2021 from New York;
• Norwegian Bliss will sail on October 24, 2021 to the Mexican Riviera from Los Angeles;
• Norwegian Escape will sail on November 13, 2021 to the Caribbean from Port Canaveral;
• In addition, the Norwegian Encore will make her debut on the West Coast, taking the place of the previously announced Norwegian Bliss for the 2021 summer Alaska cruise season. The Alaska itinerary will include visits to Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan and Icy Strait Point, while also offering guests majestic views of Endicott Arm and Dawes Glacier or Glacier Bay.

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Here is the rest of the list and answers the question about the bliss/encore movement 

~Additional itineraries on Norwegian Breakaway are open for sale to Bermuda starting September 26, 2021 from New York;
• Norwegian Bliss will sail on October 24, 2021 to the Mexican Riviera from Los Angeles;
• Norwegian Escape will sail on November 13, 2021 to the Caribbean from Port Canaveral;
• In addition, the Norwegian Encore will make her debut on the West Coast, taking the place of the previously announced Norwegian Bliss for the 2021 summer Alaska cruise season. The Alaska itinerary will include visits to Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan and Icy Strait Point, while also offering guests majestic views of Endicott Arm and Dawes Glacier or Glacier Bay.

Skagway?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, texasaggies said:

I know, I was booked on one of those DR Gem cruises (Sept). Then NCL "pulled the rug out". Now I see why.

I’m happy to see that they’re going to sail this ship after all, however I don’t like the itinerary. It’s the same places my wife and I visited on our last cruise (in December 2019), so I really don’t feel like going on my first cruise since then to the exact same places. That’s just me. 

• Like 1

any idea why the first few cruises of the BA to bermuda are about 2900 starting price in haven then over 5K a few weeks after the restart? 

put another way, is the 2900 the normal haven price or the 5K. cannot understand why toward november you would pay more for colder weather. 

6 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Booking the Gem for a January 10 day out of NYC.... hopefully that is still a go Lol

I'm booked on a 10 day out of NYC, also. Hoping it will sail. 

Wondering if anyone knows if CDC has eliminated the restriction on how long a cruise can be sailing from US ports? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I’m happy to see that they’re going to sail this ship after all, however I don’t like the itinerary. It’s the same places my wife and I visited on our last cruise (in December 2019), so I really don’t feel like going on my first cruise since then to the exact same places. That’s just me. 

I was let down that they chose to put the Gem in the mess that is called "Cruises and Florida"

I was hoping to see it go out of any of these ports: New Jersey, NYC, Louisiana, California, heck even do another ship out of seattle! 

1 minute ago, spirit rev said:

I'm booked on a 10 day out of NYC, also. Hoping it will sail. 

Wondering if anyone knows if CDC has eliminated the restriction on how long a cruise can be sailing from US ports? 

Yes, CDC announced the removal of that restriction a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

Yet NCL lied to us and said they needed the crew from the Gem to be on the Bliss...

Now the Gem is operating with a presumably full crew during the same time period.  Makes you wonder if NCL ever tells the truth.

Completely screwed over all the folks on the Joy and the Gem just to make another dollar.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

Skagway?

Yes on the 4 August sailings they visit Skagway, which is a city in SE Alaska, which is in the US. Now what we DON’T know is if the White Pass and Yukon railway tours will be permitted to operate or not.  I believe iit turns around before crossing into Canada, so they might be able to operate it as a round trip train only tour.

7ABD3FBD-B102-4C2C-9856-5AB92837AC09.jpeg

9 hours ago, Old & Retired said:

Yet NCL lied to us and said they needed the crew from the Gem to be on the Bliss...

Now the Gem is operating with a presumably full crew during the same time period.  Makes you wonder if NCL ever tells the truth.

Completely screwed over all the folks on the Joy and the Gem just to make another dollar.

I rebooked the Gem out of Miami against my better judgment after they cancelled our 8/15 Gem from the Dominican. The new itinerary with the same cabin and promos (including second guest free air) ended up being right around $700.00 cheaper for me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BamaCruiser39 said:

I rebooked the Gem out of Miami against my better judgment after they cancelled our 8/15 Gem from the Dominican. The new itinerary with the same cabin and promos (including second guest free air) ended up being right around $700.00 cheaper for me.

Attention solo cruisers!.  The single supplement for the August 22 Gem sailing out of Miami is very attractive.  The question is will the cruise actually go.

18 minutes ago, MichiganBound said:

Attention solo cruisers!.  The single supplement for the August 22 Gem sailing out of Miami is very attractive.  The question is will the cruise actually go.

Just noticing that the cheap single supplement is not showing on the NCL website but it is available on the large on-line cruise booking site...so I'm not sure what is going on.