It's finally the news you have been patiently waiting to hear.

bajathree

1 minute ago, gerelmx said:

Waiting for longer that 7 days cruise approved

No signs they are canceled and the technical instructions have never mentions a duration limit. Equinox 9 and 12 nighters are still in the works even after today's news. 

16 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

No signs they are canceled and the technical instructions have never mentions a duration limit. Equinox 9 and 12 nighters are still in the works even after today's news. 

As I understand it, the CDC has not removed this 7 DAY MAXIMUM restriction yet. Or I'm wrong?

Celebrity will guaranty all sailings to be 95% vaccinated....however FL departs will NOT require proof of vaccine at port. They say that "it is on us" to make sure sailings are 95% vaccinated and will adjust accordingly to assure and make sure that happen.

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Celebrity will guaranty all sailings to be 95% vaccinated....however FL departs will NOT require proof of vaccine at port.

So as I understand it if you decline to provide proof you will be considered unvaccinated?

• Like 4

12 and 9 night Equinox sailings in September received email today with minor itinerary changes today including 6 pm departure from PE.  I'm interpreting this as these are a go......

Edited by wrk2cruise

Just now, Josie201 said:

So as I understand it if you decline to provide proof you will be considered unvaccinated?

Correct, meaning you need to follow all protocols for unvaccinated guests while on the ship and in port. If the ship has more than 5% people in the unvaccinated category then you may be denied boarding.

• Like 2

Just now, Josie201 said:

The way it is sounding to me is that you will upload vaccine info during check-in...and I guess if you don't then yes you will be considered unvaccinated.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Celebrity will guaranty all sailings to be 95% vaccinated....however FL departs will NOT require proof of vaccine at port.

True - but if you are not vaccinated, you will have to pay for an up the nose test before boarding. You will also be required (not sure how they are going to enforce this) to wear a mask at all times (except actively eating & drinking). You will also have to pay to have another test before disembarking. This is also true if you don’t bring your ORIGINAL vaccination card with you as proof. Most ports will let you disembark but that will be dependent on the country’s requirements.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

New air offer via Flights by Celebrity for new cruises. $100 per person for all US & CAN gateways • New Caribbean, Alaska, Canal Sailings Departing from US home ports June 26, 2021 to October 30, 2021.  AX, EG, EQ, ML, SM

BOOKING WINDOW: June 8, 2021 through June 30, 2021

SAILING RANGE: June 26, 2021 to October 30, 2021

• Like 1

So how will they enforce the mask requirement for 'unvaccinated'?  It will be on the honor system?  I know they will know who is required for the embarkation and debarkation tests, but just walking down the hall or in a show, who would know?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GACRUISER456 said:

So how will they enforce the mask requirement for 'unvaccinated'?  It will be on the honor system?  I know they will know who is required for the embarkation and debarkation tests, but just walking down the hall or in a show, who would know?

They didn't get into the details....they just said tell your guests not to worry about it..."it is on us" to make sure we sail at 95% vaccinated.

• Like 1

They didn't say anything about enforcement, but it was emphasized that wearing a mask would be required. I think they're hoping that passengers will not want the hassle and will show their vaccination papers. If they don't want to then they have options on other cruiselines.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GACRUISER456 said:

If the unvaccinated guest is 15 or younger they also do not have to require a mask so that takes care of some of the population also. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

If the unvaccinated guest is 15 or younger they also do not have to require a mask so that takes care of some of the population also. 

August 1st it will be anyone under 12 that does not need a mask.

12 minutes ago, GACRUISER456 said:

A glow in the dark neon green hospital bracelet affixed at check-in...

(No idea, but that would seem appropriate!)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, markeb said:

A glow in the dark neon green hospital bracelet affixed at check-in...

(No idea, but that would seem appropriate!)

It would be pretty likely that they issued them a different colored sea pass. The guest account would definitely show it. Minors already wear a wristband, I think? Or maybe that's just for the kids clubs. 

Hopefully this all means we can check in to the July Edge sailings soon.

I’m also excited to see St. Thomas listed on the infographic above. I’ve been worried that they were planning on switching ports because there are still only two random shore excursions on the cruise planner for that port.