Adventure of the Seas – The First Voyage

1 minute ago, mo&fran said:

I wonder if they are not using the same staterooms for the next cruise.

I can't see how that would work, especially when there are favorite locations on the ship. 8 am not saying that it impossible but it seems far fetched.

6 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

But with fewer guests doesn't it translate to fewer staterooms to clean?

Again thank you so much for this week we can't wait for August...shhhhhh, and September!  I have never had two cruises so close together.

5 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I wonder if they are not using the same staterooms for the next cruise.

We are in a JS and in our section, every room is occupied. 

• Like 1

One thing I like about cruising is meeting new people...with all the social distancing and reduced capacity.... were you still able to sit at the various lounges and bars and talk with strangers (vs people in your group)... how did that go...? At dinner we often converse with people at the table next to us... can that still be done...?

One more question... did people other than the Pope... dress up on the traditional formal night...or were people a bit more casual than usual? I want to try packing as light as possible... since DH will need wheelchair assistance and dragging two bags around the Nassau airport is not appealing.

1 hour ago, radarcruiser said:

Bird - Thanks a bunch for the reviews and info.   You really helped us understand what to expect when we arrive tomorrow.  Did everyone get their test results?  Any issues?

I’m not even going until September and I’ve been refreshing all the various bloggers and what not to see if there have been any issues…can’t imagine how you feel…hopefully everything is going smoothly with the tests 

1 hour ago, radarcruiser said:

Bird - Thanks a bunch for the reviews and info.   You really helped us understand what to expect when we arrive tomorrow.  Did everyone get their test results?  Any issues?

This is what you seek

11A2F8BB-D6CC-4C67-9388-0B81C8EA4E21.thumb.jpeg.beb8b7902d4b69ae2527b6c135d3a733.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kearney said:

One more question... did people other than the Pope... dress up on the traditional formal night...or were people a bit more casual than usual? I want to try packing as light as possible... since DH will need wheelchair assistance and dragging two bags around the Nassau airport is not appealing.

There were a few in formal ware. A few more gents in suits. A lot of casual (slacks and collared shirts). A few in shorts and t-shirts. 

Let me blunt, the vast majority could care less what you are wearing. And the few that look down their nose, will be staring at the floor most of the night. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 25
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

There were a few in formal ware. A few more gents in suits. A lot of casual (slacks and collared shirts). A few in shorts and t-shirts. 

1 hour ago, kearney said:

One thing I like about cruising is meeting new people...with all the social distancing and reduced capacity.... were you still able to sit at the various lounges and bars and talk with strangers (vs people in your group)... how did that go...? At dinner we often converse with people at the table next to us... can that still be done...?

People are making a big deal

about distancing. You still chat with folks in adjacent tables. In the pool. In the hot tub. On deck. It is a regular cruise. Enjoy! (We did). 

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

People are making a big deal

about distancing. You still chat with folks in adjacent tables. In the pool. In the hot tub. On deck. It is a regular cruise. Enjoy! (We did). 

Again... glad to hear this... 

4 minutes ago, Akina13 said:

Thanks for the departure info!

our flight doesn't leave until 6pm...wondering what I am going to do with our luggage, I really didn't want to hang out at the airport for 7 hours LOL

We have the same flight time — I’m thinking to do the excursion offered, just to avoid a full day hanging out at the airport.  They will send your luggage to the airport, for you to claim and check in when you get there.

• Like 1

@BirdTravelsThank you so much for the time and effort you put into this live review. The information you shared will be so valuable for those who have upcoming cruises. I look forward to following your future adventures. Well done you are my hero of the week!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Akina13 said:

Thanks for the departure info!

our flight doesn't leave until 6pm...wondering what I am going to do with our luggage, I really didn't want to hang out at the airport for 7 hours LOL

WE are on next week, and will have the  same issue.  Could you post what you could do.

25 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

We have the same flight time — I’m thinking to do the excursion offered, just to avoid a full day hanging out at the airport.  They will send your luggage to the airport, for you to claim and check in when you get there.

That is tempting for our Sept Allure Port Canaveral, but thank goodness our buds from Tampa will drop us off at MCO..whew!  We have a 12:00 flight.

For those joining the Adventure tomorrow, your food and beverages are being loaded today. (I hope the sushi for Izumi’s hasn’t been in that shipping container very long.)

Only 4 containers on the dock… Hope you do t expect much beer.  

8AF1939A-08CD-45BC-A0E9-E1BE195D871C.jpeg

1AA4528B-53BA-480E-BA3E-56C64A9E0974.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2