Britain reopening pushed back a month to July

oskidunker

It's not likely to sail.  Businesses cannot plan when the reopening goalposts keep shifting.  Cruise lines already had logistical challenges in bringing back ships from layup to full service.  

Edited by BlueRiband

Will not be confirmed until Monday 14th and we dont know at this time whether it will be the same as now but pushed back for 4 weeks or less/more or we dont know if certain things will change as planned on 21st June and others will stay the same for a further unspecified period.

Whilst nothing official has been said, I think it’s likely that the 21/6 will be postponed. 

Would this necessarily impact the cruises though? My understanding is we’d remain at the same state as we are now, and MSC Virtuosa is sailing (although they couldn’t dock in Scotland).

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

For those coming from abroad, presumably including the OP, the issue will be what colour list their country is on, not progress with U.K. unlocking.

I was looking at the UK Government Web site, and I cannot find any mention of vaccinations. There are discussions on testing and tracking, but I would think that if the traveler has been vaccinated there should be no need to quarantine, maybe I missed it. 

35 minutes ago, PaisleyMello said:

Having to miss August 15, 2021 QM2 crossing and rebooking to August of 2022 and paying $3,000 more has made me a trifle unhappy — especially if the UK opens soon…

Were you Oski, Oskidunker? 
~ mm

No. Played drums in the Cal Band 68-70

15 hours ago, exlondoner said:

For those coming from abroad, presumably including the OP, the issue will be what colour list their country is on, not progress with U.K. unlocking.

Very good point. I was thinking this from the summer cruise perspective for the UK pax.

BBC News have leaked that restrictions are likely to continue until 21/7. It's anyone's guess as to how long people will have to quarantine etc when coming into the UK. I'd hope we'll see some improvement on that though (I'm fed up of border closures, supposed to be in Melbourne in December for my brother's wedding which I've now accepted won't be happening!).

14 hours ago, PaisleyMello said:

Having to miss August 15, 2021 QM2 crossing and rebooking to August of 2022 and paying $3,000 more has made me a trifle unhappy — especially if the UK opens soon…

Were you Oski, Oskidunker? 
~ mm

But even if UK does open up according to their revised roadmap and it is delayed until 19th July there is no chance of QM2 being ready for cruising in August whether the date would be 21st June or 19th July so it would have stayed as cancelled either way.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

But even if UK does open up according to their revised roadmap and it is delayed until 19th July there is no chance of QM2 being ready for cruising in August whether the date would be 21st June or 19th July so it would have stayed as cancelled either way.

Any QM2 T/A depends on U.S opening borders. And nothing has come out of the G7 meeting with Biden/Johnson to say that that will happen soon. Even if the borders are open Cunard would be faced with having to try and fill to whatever degree a transatlantic sailing for whatever date. I think the most concrete sailing is November 14th

Now that lifting of restrictions has been officially put back to 19th July, I can't see my Q.V. Mediterranean cruise in mid Sept from Southampton going ahead either.

Surely, Cunard will be announcing yet another comprehensive update on the proposed Queens' sailings and put us out of our misery 😥

1 hour ago, Windsurfboy said:

The key thing for non UK cruises is the expansion of the green list.  Which is anyone's guess.

Maybe the September onward cruises will turn into more scenic ones.

I'd be happy to go on one.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Maybe the September onward cruises will turn into more scenic ones.

I'd be happy to go on one.

Although people would be slightly less happy if they had booked their cruise in 2019 and it turned into something completely different to what they had booked.

21 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Although people would be slightly less happy if they had booked their cruise in 2019 and it turned into something completely different to what they had booked.

People would definitely be disappointed, I know as we have had many cruises cancelled over the last fifteen months but if, and it's still if, itineraries change to such an extent, Cunard would have to do their usual refund or FCC for passengers already booked.

20 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

The key thing for non UK cruises is the expansion of the green list.  Which is anyone's guess.

That is only part of the problem. With the QM2 T/A it is dependant I would say on U.S travel ban being lifted. Unless you want the QM2 to be purely American. If that ban is lifted lets say by August. It is possible Cunard could attempt to introduce a few T/As from September maybe. But it is pointless attempting to do so if the travel ban is in place unless they want to sail purely American. And pointless to try to sell to UK passengers and be faced with refund situation down the line.

Edited by ace2542

7 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

OK, Canary Islands can be termed 'Suncations'! Might suit those who are about to enter their winter season.

I don't see a 14 day cruise on Elizabeth to Canary Isl this year. Is it for British only?