Screen Names

Mackdogmolly

2 hours ago, Travels with Lisa said:

For some reason, Azamara and other cruise lines continually sent me letters "Dear Lisa" and my good friend's mother who had dementia started calling me Lisa as well.  We have done trips with a group called Travel with Alan, so I combined the two. 

Liz

So your name is not Lisa? Too funny 

Mine is not nearly as creative but between golf trips, wine tasting trips, driving trips, cruising trips it made sense. The numbers are simply my zipcode. Unfortunately we have been tethered to our home due to the pandemic for too long. Now if we can just stop having trips cancelled on us so we can get back to our passion of visiting new places around the globe. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, luv2travel90266 said:

Mine is not nearly as creative but between golf trips, wine tasting trips, driving trips, cruising trips it made sense. The numbers are simply my zipcode. Unfortunately we have been tethered to our home due to the pandemic for too long. Now if we can just stop having trips cancelled on us so we can get back to our passion of visiting new places around the globe. 

Reading that the numbers are your zip code (my guess was birthdate), I immediately thought, thanks to a certain TV show,  "Oh, they must be in California!" 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hiccups said:

Reading that the numbers are your zip code (my guess was birthdate), I immediately thought, thanks to a certain TV show,  "Oh, they must be in California!" 

The birthdate is a quite a few year before. I’m just a very active senior 

• Like 2

Our first Azamara cruise was a 14-night jaunt around the Med in 2009: Athens to Rome via Alexandria, Ashdod, Cyprus, Turkey, several stunning Greek islands, etc., etc.  That itinerary has not been repeated.  I'm a huge Homer fan and grabbed Ulysses for my CC name, later forgot the password and so changed over to his home island of Ithaca.  (BTW I'm a woman, and received a few surprised glances during that sailing's MM get together.)  This is an interesting thread!

• Like 2

I am currently employed and very lucky to receive a substantial hourly wage.  I was considering early retirement (my husband retired 5 years ago) then realized my salary provided the funds to allow us to travel extensivly without depleating our investments.  Plus I have the added luxury of the opportunity to take Self Funded Leaves - I work 18 months and the employer will take a  portion of each pay and invest it, then I when take six months off - to travel of course! - and will still receive my monthly salary from the money the employer invested.  Hence Work'n  to Cruise.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Work in to Cruise 2023 said:

I am currently employed and very lucky to receive a substantial hourly wage.  I was considering early retirement (my husband retired 5 years ago) then realized my salary provided the funds to allow us to travel extensivly without depleating our investments.  Plus I have the added luxury of the opportunity to take Self Funded Leaves - I work 18 months and the employer will take a  portion of each pay and invest it, then I when take six months off - to travel of course! - and will still receive my monthly salary from the money the employer invested.  Hence Work'n  to Cruise.  

That is basically why I’m still working, too. DH retired 6 years ago.

• Like 2

Twiga means "giraffe" in Swahili.   I lived in Nairobi during college and after graduation.  My friends at the University of Nairobi called me Twiga because I am tall.  Plus, I love giraffes!

• Like 3

My CruiseCritic name and profile picture* are a tribute to Al 'Jazzbo' or 'Jazzbeaux' Collins – a DJ and terminal hipster on various stations in NYC and SF back in the day.  You could look it up: https://bayarearadio.org/audio/al-jazzbeaux-collins-jazzbo

* I have never worn a goatee!

• Like 2

Mine’s the combination of the airport identifiers of two of my favorite places I used to live. TRK is Truckee, CA and KOA is Kona.

I do wish I hadn’t used the underscore. It’s a pain to type on an iPad. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, trk_koa said:

Mine’s the combination of the airport identifiers of two of my favorite places I used to live. TRK is Truckee, CA and KOA is Kona.

I do wish I hadn’t used the underscore. It’s a pain to type on an iPad. 

I think you can ask cruise critic to change it by removing the underscore.