If there is a cruise —

—-on Regent, with 100% vaccinated requirement on board, where can it go, and with what on shore requirements at ports? There are so many things we don’t understand that we need to know before we book again. Well, we wouldn’t want to go onshore in Brazil or Japan, as there are reportedly outbreaks and low vaccination rates there. Where can a cruise go where the itinerary includes only  ports that are safe enough to not require “a bubble” with shore visits requiring ship excursions and masks? 

We are not opposed to masks. Actually, during the height of the pandemic, we successfully got our city to impose a fine for those refusing to wear one in defined areas. But we don’t want to spend the price of a Regent cruise and be restricted in ports. I guess we just need some info on future Regent cruises!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

—-on Regent, with 100% vaccinated requirement on board, where can it go, and with what on shore requirements at ports? There are so many things we don’t understand that we need to know before we book again. Well, we wouldn’t want to go onshore in Brazil or Japan, as there are reportedly outbreaks and low vaccination rates there. Where can a cruise go where the itinerary includes only  ports that are safe enough to not require “a bubble” with shore visits requiring ship excursions and masks? 

We are not opposed to masks. Actually, during the height of the pandemic, we successfully got our city to impose a fine for those refusing to wear one in defined areas. But we don’t want to spend the price of a Regent cruise and be restricted in ports. I guess we just need some info on future Regent cruises!

Honestly, you keep repeating your same issues every post…. If you are concerned, uncertain and/or confused regarding taking a cruise, may I suggest staying home until you resolve your issues. 

• Like 11

I am vaccinated. I am not afraid to go anywhere. But there is a difference between going ashore in a port where people WISH they could be vaccinated and being on board a cruise ship where people REFUSE to be vaccinated. 

• Like 8

APOLOGIES! - My post below was based on a friend sending a news item on canx BUT it was from 2020.  Please DISREGARD my post.  Sorry.

Pcardad & Sheila - what is your take on NCL cancelling all cruises through Dec. 31, 2021? 

Putting aside the political game of chicken with DeSantis, cancelling all cruises for the next 6 (!) months is quite a statement to customers booked and the industry.

Possible merger or sale?  

Edited by wristband
wrong info

3 minutes ago, wristband said:

Pcardad & Sheila - what is your take on NCL cancelling all cruises through Dec. 31, 2021? 

Putting aside the political game of chicken with DeSantis, cancelling all cruises for the next 6 (!) months is quite a statement to customers booked and the industry.

Possible merger or sale?  

Please link the news article showing this cancellation...

I just edited the my post - a friend sent a news item this morning but it was from last year 2020!

Please disregard my initial post - incorrect information was provided.  I should have read the date on the news release (as should my friend).  Apologies again for the annoyance and outdated info!

2 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

Sorry for repeating myself, but there is much I don’t know about cruising in the future, and I would just like to know.

Most of us would like to know, but none of us can accurately predict the future.  I am worried about my November 1, 2021 cruise from Athens.  But, I am optimistic that almost all the passengers will be vaccinated and the majority of the ports will be open.  

Thanks for the reply. If nobody knows, that is an answer. It is confusing that I get Regent ads several times a week that do not fully cover details. And there are news reports of Covid outbreaks in several port countries. Confusing.I sure hope your cruise goes with only reasonable rules and restrictions.

• Haha 1

SORRY MY CRYSTAL BALL IS NOT WORKING RIGHT NOW....

Reality check....no one knows.

I have a cruise booked with a different cruise line for September.

All seemed OK but we were just notified of an itinerary change.

Seems Ocho Rios & Grand Cayman have changed their minds about letting us dock there.

Will there be more changes before the sail date.....maybe...

BUT THATS NOT ALL.....MORE ANNOYING....

We booked our fights from San Francisco to Miami on United along time ago. At random, my husband checked the fights. Both ways totally changed & THEY DID NOT NOTIFY US !

Our nonstop to Miami changed to a flight to New York with a 3 hour layover. The return changed to a time to early to make it from the ship.

My husband was so mad he totally cancelled & rebooked with American.

At random he checked today....again, no notice from the airlines....both flights totally changed.

On the way out, not only the flight changed, but our seats. First class but now we are split up on opposites side of the plane

MORAL OF THE STORY.....do not just worry about what the cruise lines are going to do....

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

Sorry for repeating myself, but there is much I don’t know about cruising in the future, and I would just like to know.

You shouldn't have to apologize. You asked a valid question, and engaging the same conversation isn't wrong. Your concerns are valid, considering the cost of a cruise with Regent.

Good luck!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

Where can a cruise go where the itinerary includes only  ports that are safe enough to not require “a bubble” with shore visits requiring ship excursions and masks? 

9 hours ago, NORTOM said:

Most of us would like to know, but none of us can accurately predict the future.  I am worried about my November 1, 2021 cruise from Athens. 

Regent has posted this information on it's site regarding 2021: https://www.rssc.com/Regent-Returns#anchor-6. The return is staggered, so it may be subject to cancellation if conditions change in the Embarkation ports. BUT, that November sailing looks to be good. They state the whole fleet will be sailing by February 2022. 

The Greek US Embassy reports that US Citizen entry into Greece is still limited, currently being at Level 3 (Previously Level4) - https://gr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

I would suggest connecting with the US Embassy websites for ports of interest to determine their status for cruise excursions.

16 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Honestly, you keep repeating your same issues every post…. If you are concerned, uncertain and/or confused regarding taking a cruise, may I suggest staying home until you resolve your issues. 

Finally, politeness and courtesy go far. If one can't answer a question directly with courtesy, then one should likely not attempt to do so.

-----

Peace, and I hope you all had a good weekend!

• Like 2

Not a future Regent cruise, but Silversea restarted last Friday with Greece itineraries thru mid September on their newest ship, the Silver Moon.  Passengers wear their masks while walking inside the ship, take them off walking outside on the ship and take them off while eating/drinking. And on the day passengers embarked (June 18th)  the Greek Government relaxed the rules so Silversea guests can go without masks in port and if they choose explore ports on their own.

Hopefully, when Regent restarts similar mask rules will be in place.

Things change. Any answer you get today might be incorrect tomorrow.  No one knows what things will be like in 3 months  or 6 months. 

We want to book for March, 22. I am not going to book a Med cruise that cannot be cancelled without taking a significant loss. It would be disappointing to be stuck on a cruise ship if cruise ship passengers are not welcome at the ports scheduled to be visited.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WesW said:

Hopefully, when Regent restarts similar mask rules will be in place.

As Regent isn't starting for almost three more months hopefully there will be no mask requirement.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Shippy said:

We booked our fights from San Francisco to Miami on United along time ago. At random, my husband checked the fights. Both ways totally changed & THEY DID NOT NOTIFY US !

For our cruise that is last segment of World Cruise, I want Regent to be in control of our flight tickets.  While Regent has sent out a letter saying this cruise will go forth, they have also recognized that some ports may change.

I will get a deviation and select flights, but want Regent to be in control of flights, so if our embarkation port changes at the last minute Regent (and my TA) will be working flights.

7 hours ago, fizzy said:

I think that one would have to try very hard to find a CC member who is more courteous, polite and all around pleasant than Bellagio Cruisers.

Totally agree plus Bellagio Cruiser shares valuable information which I appreciate.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fizzy said:

I think that one would have to try very hard to find a CC member who is more courteous, polite and all around pleasant than Bellagio Cruisers.

Not this time around. Oh well.

I don't think telling someone to stay home rather then actually answering their question was not being polite, in my opinion. But, all is well.

As the original poster got their question answered, I'll unfollow here.

Hope you had a nice weekend. Peace

Edited by SireDoime
erratta; closure
  • Like 2

As the OP on this thread, I have nothing against any member/poster on this board. And actually not booking any cruise is my own conclusion at this time. There is so much uncertainty  about exactly what I would get from my $five figure expenditure in a cruise experience that any expenditure/commitment for one is beyond my comfort level. The uncertainty has been confirmed by  by responses to this thread, which can be truthfully summed up as “nobody knows”. I do not criticize the more adventurous  souls who wish to book a cruise at this time. We all have our individual tolerances. Instead, I will wait for more guest reviews of actual cruises on lines (like Regent) that really liked in pre-pandemic days. From what I have seen in this regard relative to lines like Celebrity (which I like in suite class) there is too much additional burden on the guests for repeated testing and such for this late 70s fully vaccinated guy to enjoy. 

But we would like to cruise again as soon as the hassles decline. So forgive me if I ask questions similar to on this thread in the future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Shippy said:

SORRY MY CRYSTAL BALL IS NOT WORKING RIGHT NOW....

Reality check....no one knows.

I have a cruise booked with a different cruise line for September.

All seemed OK but we were just notified of an itinerary change.

Seems Ocho Rios & Grand Cayman have changed their minds about letting us dock there.

Will there be more changes before the sail date.....maybe...

BUT THATS NOT ALL.....MORE ANNOYING....

Our nonstop to Miami changed to a flight to New York with a 3 hour layover. The return changed to a time to early to make it from the ship.

My husband was so mad he totally cancelled & rebooked with American.

At random he checked today....again, no notice from the airlines....both flights totally changed.

On the way out, not only the flight changed, but our seats. First class but now we are split up on opposites side of the plane

MORAL OF THE STORY.....do not just worry about what the cruise lines are going to do....

I feel your pain.  Because of using miles for my daughters family,  my husband and I flying first class and my son finally getting the time off,  I have three confirmation numbers on United to fly to Hawaii from New Jersey, late this summer.  I’m almost platinum and they haven’t once sent me an email to mention that flights have changed.  This has happened three times in four months.  On top of that,  they don’t change all the flights the same way.  I have spend hours correcting this multiple times and as much as I have spend money to move the kids to better seats, when they change the flights,  somehow they get reseated in the back of the plane.  

Moral of the story,  stay on top of all travel plans and don’t assume anyone is looking out for you, except you.   Or stay home 🙂

• Like 1