Aurora new itineraries

Manx buoy

On 6/28/2021 at 10:49 PM, Valfan said:

Where are you seeing that?  I've just looked at P&O's flexible transfer policy, updated 22 June 2021, and it still says you can change to any cruise, any date, any price, as many times as you want. Unless it's changed again in the last few days. But, if so, surely the 22 June 2021 update wouldn't still show on P&O's website.

Just checked and the T&C's for our Nov 2022, which we booked on launch in April.  It is the standard T&C's, so we would only be able to transfer once.  Other bookings may have been made under different terms of course, so not necessarily the same as ours.

1 hour ago, tring said:

Just checked and the T&C's for our Nov 2022, which we booked on launch in April.  It is the standard T&C's, so we would only be able to transfer once.  Other bookings may have been made under different terms of course, so not necessarily the same as ours.

But surely the whole point of the flexible transfer policy is it replaces all earlier conditions. On P&O's website it says: "This policy modifies the transfer policy in our Booking Conditions.  This policy may be changed or withdrawn at any time without notice." I've booked 2 or 3 myself on the last couple of launches, but if I wanted to change any of them I'd always look for the latest transfer policy that P&O are quoting.

11 hours ago, Valfan said:

But surely the whole point of the flexible transfer policy is it replaces all earlier conditions. On P&O's website it says: "This policy modifies the transfer policy in our Booking Conditions.  This policy may be changed or withdrawn at any time without notice." I've booked 2 or 3 myself on the last couple of launches, but if I wanted to change any of them I'd always look for the latest transfer policy that P&O are quoting.

I have now found the 22nd June update which you mention, yet cannot find the previous reference to "cruises before 30th September" which I saw on Sunday.  So yes, looks like you are right as it does say it affects "all cruises still scheduled to depart", albeit on a temporary basis.  I apologise for that and thank you for correcting me. 

Regards the legal situation with T&C's though, your booking is subject to the T&C's in place when you make the booking (and after any temporary change will revert to those).  We always print out the T&C's of all holiday bookings at the time of booking, so we can make sure companies do not try to override with subsequent ones, which are usually of a disadvantage compared to the earlier version in our experience, though covid times have changed that situation, sometimes leaving those with previous bookings at a disadvantage.

30 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Had an email this morning with the new itineraries.  40 night Caribbean and 12 day Canaries  - the lead in prices seem very cheap.

From the email:-

Caribbean cruise,
sailing 20 February 2022

Southampton - La Coruña - Madeira - St Kitts  - Guadeloupe - St Lucia  - Grenada - Kingstown, St Vincent - Barbados - Bonaire - Curaçao - Aruba - Dominica - Tortola - St Maarten - Antigua - Tenerife - Southampton

Select Price from £2,499pp†
Early Saver price from £2,149pp‡

Portugal and Canary Islands cruise, sailing 1 April 2022

Southampton - La Palma - Tenerife - Gran Canaria
Lanzarote - Lisbon - Southampton

Southampton - La Palma - Tenerife - Gran Canaria - Lanzarote - Lisbon – Southampton

Select Price from £699pp†
Early Saver price from £599pp‡

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tring said:

From the email:-

Caribbean cruise,
sailing 20 February 2022

Southampton - La Coruña - Madeira - St Kitts  - Guadeloupe - St Lucia  - Grenada - Kingstown, St Vincent - Barbados - Bonaire - Curaçao - Aruba - Dominica - Tortola - St Maarten - Antigua - Tenerife - Southampton

Southampton - La Palma - Tenerife - Gran Canaria
Lanzarote - Lisbon - Southampton

Southampton - La Palma - Tenerife - Gran Canaria - Lanzarote - Lisbon – Southampton

Select Price from £699pp†
Early Saver price from £599pp‡

Wow those Canaries prices are good, however I’ve already got a 14 night cruise booked for June 2022 and having 2 more weeks off in April will leave me with very little leave left - darn working getting in the way of cruising!!

37 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Wow those Canaries prices are good, however I’ve already got a 14 night cruise booked for June 2022 and having 2 more weeks off in April will leave me with very little leave left - darn working getting in the way of cruising!!

Well there is only one answer to that, isn't there 🙂

I gave up my permanent job at the age of 55 and was worth a fortune in cheap holidays after that as seeking them out took over much of my time.

6 minutes ago, tring said:

Well there is only one answer to that, isn't there 🙂

I gave up my permanent job at the age of 55 and was worth a fortune in cheap holidays after that as seeking them out took over much of my time.

😁 my husband won’t let me - yet! Once the mortgage is gone in two years time I’ll think again!

• Like 1

The price of the roundtrip caribbean is less than we paid for our 35 nighter on Ventura next February and we booked at launch.  However I much prefer Ventura's itinery so we won't be moving that deposit.

The Canaries cruise seems good value as well, so we may well look to transfer our December W Med booking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daveoc said:

Presume the prices are the cheapest insides. I wonder how much a balcony will be.

We were thinking that as well, so rang a well used agent.  They said the prices will not be known until the cruises go on sale Tuesday morning and will not be possible to do a pre-registration either.

We are also wondering what the chances are of being able to go ashore independently early next year? 

We have decided that it is only worth booking those cruises if you would be happy to have a cruise that was excursions only, to be on the safe side.  They may be well priced, but nothing is really cheap if you do not really want it, sadly.

I am trying to persuade hubby to book the 40 night cruise 20 Feb and I too was told that the lead price is for an inside cabin and no idea what the price is for a balcony but if it is (hopefully!) in the region of £4000pp that would be good value.I do like Aurora and the thought of a few weeks in the Caribbean sun.... If the price is more like £6000 or £7000 we will probably  make do with our cruise to the Canaries in January.

59 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I am trying to persuade hubby to book the 40 night cruise 20 Feb and I too was told that the lead price is for an inside cabin and no idea what the price is for a balcony but if it is (hopefully!) in the region of £4000pp that would be good value.I do like Aurora and the thought of a few weeks in the Caribbean sun.... If the price is more like £6000 or £7000 we will probably  make do with our cruise to the Canaries in January.

£100 pppn for a balcony cabin - that would be a bargain on Aurora. 

I did suggest to the DW that we might swap our Arcadia cruise to the Canaries in March to the Aurora Caribbean cruise, but got a very definite "No".  

You can but try !

If only P&O could attract a more international clientele, but I guess that is unlikely for cruises to the Caribbean from Southampton.  

14 minutes ago, wowzz said:

£100 pppn for a balcony cabin - that would be a bargain on Aurora. 

I did suggest to the DW that we might swap our Arcadia cruise to the Canaries in March to the Aurora Caribbean cruise, but got a very definite "No".  

You can but try !

If only P&O could attract a more international clientele, but I guess that is unlikely for cruises to the Caribbean from Southampton.  

I like to dream....

I have told hubby that we have £50 each fcc deposit which needs to be used up!

I told hubby to think about it before answering immediately ,No!,He hasn't mentioned it since so I am leaving it a few days and will wait until he is in a good mood.Perhaps if England win on Saturday it may help???

Edited by ann141
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

I like to dream....

I have told hubby that we have £50 each fcc deposit which needs to be used up!

I told hubby to think about it before answering immediately ,No!,He hasn't mentioned it since so I am leaving it a few days and will wait until he is in a good mood.Perhaps if England win on Saturday it may help???

Have you tried beer and chips,  or if they fail,  how about introducing a copy of the Woman's Weekly into your strategy ? (Victoria Wood reference!)

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I think the 40 day cruise seems a bold move by P&O.

it’s only 8 months away, and nothing is certain. A long cruise, so far from home seems challenging in an ongoing global pandemic 

Yes I was surprised, I was thinking they would have had several going up and down to the Canaries or perhaps to Spain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes I was surprised, I was thinking they would have had several going up and down to the Canaries or perhaps to Spain.

Its probably easier for P and O to organise one long cruise with all Caribbean islands where it probably isn't too difficult to re organise the Itinerary at fairly short notice or cancel if necessary than organising 3 or 4 shorter trips to the Canary Islands

These two cruises do look very good value, and according to my TA interest is high. She told me that after the first hour or so of being on sale prices will start to rise depending on the initial demand.

I'm really interested to see what the prices of the balcony cabins will be.

9 hours ago, brucepen said:

These two cruises do look very good value, and according to my TA interest is high. She told me that after the first hour or so of being on sale prices will start to rise depending on the initial demand.

One cruise I booked, the price rose at 10 15am on the first day. I know because we were onboard Aurora a few years ago when new cruises were released.I had asked the Future Sales Rep to book one as soon as they opened(I was going to Zumba) When I went to the desk at 10 30 the price had risen and the sales girl hadn't had time to book. I queried this with head office when I returned home and they said that the price had risen at 10 15 but they let me pay the cheaper price because I had been told by the sales rep that she would book asap

9 hours ago, brucepen said:

Given the lack of balcony cabins on Aurora, I think you need to be sitting down when you see the balcony prices! 

21 hours ago, brucepen said:

I talked to my TA yesterday and she suggested (unofficially) that the cheapest balcony cabins would be over £8k.