Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

On 5/16/2022 at 4:43 PM, Userclown said:

I learned to log out of the app and close it. Then start all over logging back in. It doesn’t stop all problems but has taken care of most everything for me. Also, I use an Apple IPAD and learned it has a memory. So if you don’t clear it, it will continue to open previous sessions. I clear it by double clicking the big button then swipe away all sessions for all apps I have been using. 

I learned the same way, that I have to close all existing windows/tabs, it's a big pain I know.  

I have major Medallion fatigue right now!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atexsix said:

Can somebody please clarify when we submit our health status?  It allows us to complete the health documentation in which you swear you've received the vaccination in time; but not the health assessment in which it asks if you have any covid symptoms or rather it lets you answer the questions but won't let you check the "I certify the info is correct" box.

The email from Princess this morning states "no later than 24 hours" but our dear Medallion app states "within 24 hours" so is this part of the issue and Princess misstated it?  

Basically, the day before the cruise...however, on our cruise in April I completely forgot to do it. I remembered while we were sitting in the Elite/Suite boarding lounge and did it then. So, not too sure if anyone is paying attention to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atexsix said:

Can somebody please clarify when we submit our health status?  It allows us to complete the health documentation in which you swear you've received the vaccination in time; but not the health assessment in which it asks if you have any covid symptoms or rather it lets you answer the questions but won't let you check the "I certify the info is correct" box.

The email from Princess this morning states "no later than 24 hours" but our dear Medallion app states "within 24 hours" so is this part of the issue and Princess misstated it?  

I noticed that also.  Just update it on the app the day before.  They ask you the questions when you check in, if you didn’t fill it out.  Don’t worry about it. 

• Like 1

We depart on the Royal, June 4, Alaska.   

Three questions:

1. Where will our boarding passes appear on the app?

2.  When I try to select an arrival group, the following messages appears "Sorry Arrival Groups will be available closer to the start of your journey"   App error or true?  We're sightly over 2 weeks out

3.  Any insights?   I've spoken with Princess tech support and have reinstall the app several times now,  for dinner reservations. I get the following error message "Sorry you are not currently able to make dinner reservations......... to access Dine my Way your vogage must be paid in full..... "    I can assure all that we are paid in full.    Our friends have made all of the dinner reservations for us so when I call Princess (each time) they seem confused b/c we have dinner reservations.   Will this be a problem on board - I don't think it's going to be fixed.  

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, MildredK said:

Three questions:

2.  When I try to select an arrival group, the following messages appears "Sorry Arrival Groups will be available closer to the start of your journey"   App error or true?  We're sightly over 2 weeks out

3.  Any insights?   I've spoken with Princess tech support and have reinstall the app several times now,  for dinner reservations. I get the following error message "Sorry you are not currently able to make dinner reservations......... to access Dine my Way your vogage must be paid in full..... "    I can assure all that we are paid in full.    Our friends have made all of the dinner reservations for us so when I call Princess (each time) they seem confused b/c we have dinner reservations.   Will this be a problem on board - I don't think it's going to be fixed.  

Thanks!

App glitch. It doesn't work for everyone.

31 minutes ago, MildredK said:

Three questions:

2.  When I try to select an arrival group, the following messages appears "Sorry Arrival Groups will be available closer to the start of your journey"   App error or true?  We're slightly over 2 weeks out

3.  Any insights?   I've spoken with Princess tech support and have reinstall the app several times now,  for dinner reservations. I get the following error message "Sorry you are not currently able to make dinner reservations......... to access Dine my Way your voyage must be paid in full..... "    I can assure all that we are paid in full.    Our friends have made all of the dinner reservations for us so when I call Princess (each time) they seem confused b/c we have dinner reservations.   Will this be a problem on board - I don't think it's going to be fixed.  

Thanks!

Sorry DMW is not working for you.  If you call in to Princess 800 #, and follow the phone tree options, there is one to take you to MC App and DMW and you can elect DMW and get a rep who supposedly specializes in those matters.  They may or may not have a solution for the error message.  I suppose this is where you have landed before and is the tech support you mentioned.  If so, what did they tell you?

That said, if your friends have made the bookings for all of you, there is no need for you to book anything and you would be creating a double-booking.  I gather you cannot even get into individual night bookings in order to just review what you have (the bookings with friends).  

31 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I suppose this is where you have landed before and is the tech support you mentioned.  If so, what did they tell you?

I just called and tech support was the best yet - not fixed, but he said he hoped it would be before the cruise.  He logged in as my husband saw that we didn't have QR codes and couldn't request an arrival group and agreed that we had problem (that acknowldegement is first in my series of calls) and put in a fix it ticket (also a first) so fingers crossed it is fixed.  Otherwise we just show up and say let us on! 🙂.  I also got  throughto tech support right away.    We're going with friends who haven't cruised in 30 years and really don't travel - so I want this to go smoothly for them!   They are having the same QR code, boarding pass, arrival group problem as we are.  

31 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

. I gather you cannot even get into individual night bookings in order to just review what you have (the bookings with friends).  

Correct.  Or if we want to change something, it would be good if we could do it ourselves with the App.   The Tech added this problem to our ticket.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Basically, the day before the cruise...however, on our cruise in April I completely forgot to do it. I remembered while we were sitting in the Elite/Suite boarding lounge and did it then. So, not too sure if anyone is paying attention to it.

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I noticed that also.  Just update it on the app the day before.  They ask you the questions when you check in, if you didn’t fill it out.  Don’t worry about it. 

Thanks!  

1 hour ago, MildredK said:

Three questions:

Thanks!

We're in group A, somewhere it says we need to be at the terminal at 11, someplace else said 12.  We're going to show up at 11 and if we have to wait outside, then so be it.  

3 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Thanks!  

We're in group A, somewhere it says we need to be at the terminal at 11, someplace else said 12.  We're going to show up at 11 and if we have to wait outside, then so be it.  

You’ll be fine!  Have a great trip!

• Thanks 1

On 5/17/2022 at 10:42 AM, NownZen said:

The app was the common nightmare for me last fall. Most of it was backend problems as things like the acceptance of the passage conditions would come and go depending on the day.

On the ship I only used the medallion at the bars and to get in the room. However it stopped letting me into my room so if I left the room I would hang out at the bars until my wife found me and let in the room. She said I could get it fixed at the customer service desk but there was a line and I liked my way better.

I love it--I like your way too!

• Haha 2

I have been on the Emerald the past 12 days and my report (without reading the recent posts above) is that the App worked great on board except for trying to book dinner. If I tried I got a black screen and my device would freeze. I had to restart it to clear the screen. It worked perfectly for me ordering drinks to our cabin or on the ship, although if staff noticed me about to order they would just come over. I didn't use the App for tracking people and a few other things so can't comment but overall it was fine. The medallion was fine for door opening etc.

Just off of Royal. The app worked well for locating our travel friends - I looked to see where they were multiple times. I only used it once to find my wife and she used it once to find me. I sent her a couple of messages which she got right away. She sent me one message which I didn't see in a timely manner but it didn't matter anyway.

We ordered room service on the TV a couple of times and it "mostly" worked well. The food I ordered came quickly and was correct. My wife ordered a Vanilla Latte, a shot of Bailey's, and a shot of Grand Marnier. She received the Grand Marnier, 2 shots of Bailey's, and no Latte. D'Oh!  I just added her Latte onto my order and it arrived quickly and was nice and hot.

I bought a drink on Lido Deck and drank it there. It was cold and nasty so I went back to my cabin. After maybe 10 minutes there was a knock on the door and the drink I had ordered and consumed on Lido deck was delivered to me in the cabin. Hmmm... No biggie as we had Princess Plus. I just accepted the drink and chalked it up to app weirdness.

I was surprised to find that, when I checked the app for past "deliveries" every drink I had gotten on the ship was listed as a previous "delivery". 

I didn't like the Journey View for events. Nope, nope, nope. Scrolling left and right as well as up and down was a terrible experience. Instead of using that feature I simply opened a browser and entered royal.princess.com and ended up with the daily listing presented as it was in the past before the new app. Granted, I wasn't able to select items and create my own list (if I tried it simply took me to Medallion Net) but the listing was vastly easier to use than the new method in the app.

• Like 1

There’s a new update for Apple iOS devices which requires accepting new T&C and a slightly different appearance for Green Lane which requires clicking on that option to view Personal Information & Documents, Choose Your Medallion Wearable and Health Status.

87EACA24-4351-4BD2-A76B-6CB6A01C84D0.jpeg

590D0636-ABBB-492C-B866-7B2767A082F3.jpeg

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

Just off of Royal. The app worked well for locating our travel friends - I looked to see where they were multiple times. I only used it once to find my wife and she used it once to find me. I sent her a couple of messages which she got right away. She sent me one message which I didn't see in a timely manner but it didn't matter anyway.

We ordered room service on the TV a couple of times and it "mostly" worked well. The food I ordered came quickly and was correct. My wife ordered a Vanilla Latte, a shot of Bailey's, and a shot of Grand Marnier. She received the Grand Marnier, 2 shots of Bailey's, and no Latte. D'Oh!  I just added her Latte onto my order and it arrived quickly and was nice and hot.

I bought a drink on Lido Deck and drank it there. It was cold and nasty so I went back to my cabin. After maybe 10 minutes there was a knock on the door and the drink I had ordered and consumed on Lido deck was delivered to me in the cabin. Hmmm... No biggie as we had Princess Plus. I just accepted the drink and chalked it up to app weirdness.

I was surprised to find that, when I checked the app for past "deliveries" every drink I had gotten on the ship was listed as a previous "delivery". 

I didn't like the Journey View for events. Nope, nope, nope. Scrolling left and right as well as up and down was a terrible experience. Instead of using that feature I simply opened a browser and entered royal.princess.com and ended up with the daily listing presented as it was in the past before the new app. Granted, I wasn't able to select items and create my own list (if I tried it simply took me to Medallion Net) but the listing was vastly easier to use than the new method in the app.

I take it when you get onboard other features not showing now will pop up, like the find your friend bit etc. Is that correct as I can’t see the link for using it when onboard showing anywhere at the moment

6 minutes ago, roamerfromtexas said:

Where on the medallion app do I see what level it has me?  Charged me full price for medallion net even tho I am elite.

When you are logged in, your profile photo - if have one - is in upper left corner of the screen.  There is a yellow circle in the top RH corner of that photo square.  That means you are "off ship".  Tap on the photo to bring up the pop-out menu - titled OceanReady Profile.  Your photo and name is below that.  On the RH side of your photo is a tiny Princess logo and the color indicates the Captain's Circle level.  Or rather, it is what the MC App THINKS your status level is.  If wrong, contact MC App support and hopefully they can fix it.

12 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

There’s a new update for Apple iOS devices which requires accepting new T&C and a slightly different appearance for Green Lane which requires clicking on that option to view Personal Information & Documents, Choose Your Medallion Wearable and Health Status.

87EACA24-4351-4BD2-A76B-6CB6A01C84D0.jpeg

This reads like a major release with many improvements.  We shall see about that.  DMW is off-line, so cannot check that out this morning.  

Looks like they increased all the font sizes.  To help with vision?  Never read a complaint about that.

In payment methods, it is likely an improvement to show Shipboard versus Shoreside as clear options.  However, under shipboard, it only lists me as an authorized user and I have to tap on the EDIT symbol to bring up another page and there is shows my wife.  Seems to me her name should be listed with mine on the first screen.  

BTW, lots of spinning and loading with this new version in the OCEAN Ready section.

HEALTH Section.

New!!  They have re-added the ability to upload your vax proof, so I will do that later today.  They have also added ability to upload your pre-cruise test result.  Very nice.  If these new features work smoothly, it will be great as less papers to fumble with at check-in.  They can review the docs ahead of time if they like. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Also, per what @Steelers36 said just above, now you can upload an image of your COVID vaccination card and (if you have it) a 48-hour PCR/Antigen Test report.  

To get there, tap the Green (or yellow or...) Arrival Status rectangle, then Health Status.

I had an issue where my COVID vaccination card JPEG was carried over to my wife.  It took a couple of tries to get her card loaded separately from mine.

--Marne

Edited by marne-c
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, roamerfromtexas said:

Where on the medalllion app do I see what level it has me?  Charged me full price for medallion net even tho I am elite.

On the App: You also would see at the top of the page on the MedallionNet page to purchase it….says as a Platinum/Elite member you will get a 50% discount….

You can call Princess to fix this.  I would also look on the website at your account and make sure it is correct.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

This reads like a major release with many improvements.  We shall see about that.  DMW is off-line, so cannot check that out this morning.  

Looks like they increased all the font sizes.  To help with vision?  Never read a complaint about that.

In payment methods, it is likely an improvement to show Shipboard versus Shoreside as clear options.  However, under shipboard, it only lists me as an authorized user and I have to tap on the EDIT symbol to bring up another page and there is shows my wife.  Seems to me her name should be listed with mine on the first screen.  

BTW, lots of spinning and loading with this new version in the OCEAN Ready section.

HEALTH Section.

New!!  They have re-added the ability to upload your vax proof, so I will do that later today.  They have also added ability to upload your pre-cruise test result.  Very nice.  If these new features work smoothly, it will be great as less papers to fumble with at check-in.  They can review the docs ahead of time if they like. 

Did you do the latest IOS update 15.5 on your Apple mobile phone before trying the app?

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

When you are logged in, your profile photo - if have one - is in upper left corner of the screen.  There is a yellow circle in the top RH corner of that photo square.  That means you are "off ship".  Tap on the photo to bring up the pop-out menu - titled OceanReady Profile.  Your photo and name is below that.  On the RH side of your photo is a tiny Princess logo and the color indicates the Captain's Circle level.  Or rather, it is what the MC App THINKS your status level is.  If wrong, contact MC App support and hopefully they can fix it.

I have the same problem that the app does not recognize my captain circle level so DMY says unavailable and no internet discount either.  It was working "perfectly" until the completion of my most recent cruise in April. Ticket has been opened for a week now.  I will see if this new release fixes it but I am not that hopeful!

54 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Did you do the latest IOS update 15.5 on your Apple mobile phone before trying the app?

I am Android.  Newest MC APP release is 3.0.102003.  (IDK why they have not ever just gone to 3.1.0 and forget all the long numbers after 3.0.xxxxx.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suekel said:

I have a samsung and also received the updated app this morning.  I am unable to see arrival group selection.  Did they move that somewhere?  

Travel checklist 

Personal information and documents  (move down)

Suggested (move down)

Arrival and departure groups

Boy, that was hidden.  Lol

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jazzytelly said:

I take it when you get onboard other features not showing now will pop up, like the find your friend bit etc. Is that correct as I can’t see the link for using it when onboard showing anywhere at the moment

Yep. It would be impossible to use that function until you are on the ship so it doesn't even show up until it can actually be used. You will see a number of things when on the ship that you won't see prior to that day.