Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

1 hour ago, travellingnana said:

I just updated my app, and it does the same thing. I believe if you are in the green lane, that you ARE ocean ready, so there’s nothing left for you to fill out there! 😊

I wanted to go to the page that allows choosing a boarding group and it's inside the OceanReady section of the app.  I will keep trying as maybe tomorrow it will decide to cooperate.  

46 minutes ago, texswamper said:

I wanted to go to the page that allows choosing a boarding group and it's inside the OceanReady section of the app.  I will keep trying as maybe tomorrow it will decide to cooperate.  

Ok. Under the green lane banner is a line that says personal information and documents. Click that. It will take you to another page. Scroll down and click arrivals!

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, travellingnana said:

Before our cruise last month I populated as Platinum on the app, but my husband only populated as blue. It took FOREVER (multiple calls/emails) for them to fix it (he wanted to order his own internet pkg). We have another cruise in January. I went to order MedallionNet, and not only is he back to blue, but now I am too. 

If you get it fixed again, forget about each ordering your own single device package and just one of you order the 4-device package.  Same cost and more flexibility.

Anyone else having trouble with the medallion wearable ordering screen. We get to the order part where you can customise the medallion, and then click "save and continue"  but it just doesn't respond. Tried on android, iPhone and web version and all the same. Even my wife's account is the same..... I think it's a back end issue.  Anyone have the support number for Australia by chance?

I want to thank each and every poster on this thread.  This kind of mindless tech game is exactly what drives me nuts these days.  If it had not been for CC, I'd have assumed the problems were mine, but it's obvious that Princess has no interest in good customer service.  This upcoming cruise is our first with Princess, and probably our last.  

Knowing what I know now from CC, I'm done with the whole medallion thing.  I'll just enter what I can on the web version and show up at the port with my docs whenever I want to board.  That's worked fine in the past and no reason it won't work fine this time.  I'll put the app on my phone and try to use it onboard.  If not, I'm done with it all.  Companies who prioritize their procedures over the customer's needs do not need my money.

• Like 10

Ugh! This app. Six calls over the past month to Princess. Each time I’m told five day to fix. It’s happening across multiple platforms: desktop, iOS, and Android. I get into the app and it has the cruise info. Go to personal documents and I’m taken to a login screen. Either I get the error message: “something went wrong, try again later.” Or, I’m told to include booking number which then says, “this number has been claimed.”

when I talk to princess, my security picture is gone, but it shows on my end. I’m told all of our docs are there from our cruise last year. I have zero confidence in any fix, I guess I’ll print out everything at port. 

Is this happening to anyone else? This is what happens when no user testing is done…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Agree 110%. I've posted similar comments and will deal with anything else that comes up at the pier, like you. Paraphrasing what you said "Companies who prioritize their procedures over the customer's needs do not GET my money" in future.

Further, I booked specialty restaurants and see Princess double charged my credit card (without any indication that would be done). I expected those charges to be against my onboard credits account (just as Carnival did). I'll straighten that out once on board or just dispute the charges with the credit card company.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jsn55 said:

I want to thank each and every poster on this thread.  This kind of mindless tech game is exactly what drives me nuts these days.  If it had not been for CC, I'd have assumed the problems were mine, but it's obvious that Princess has no interest in good customer service.  This upcoming cruise is our first with Princess, and probably our last.  

Knowing what I know now from CC, I'm done with the whole medallion thing.  I'll just enter what I can on the web version and show up at the port with my docs whenever I want to board.  That's worked fine in the past and no reason it won't work fine this time.  I'll put the app on my phone and try to use it onboard.  If not, I'm done with it all.  Companies who prioritize their procedures over the customer's needs do not need my money.

Its all very unsettling and does not give you a-warm feeling. 25 cruises with Princess. Probably done. Oceania was so much better in all aspects. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Its all very unsettling and does not give you a-warm feeling. 25 cruises with Princess. Probably done. Oceania was so much better in all aspects. 

This makes me so sad. Today I attempted to login to my account on my desktop through the web version. Under my login someone else's information came up! I immediately called Medallion support, called customer support, and finally spoke to someone after four hours. I was told my data was"crossed" with someone else's and that the only people who could correct this was Loylaty Department and they were not open until tomorrow. Then I was directed to go to the livechat. Kristin in live chat was very unhelpful, said she could access my account, she kept gaslighting me, saying everything is fine and my data was safe." Then she said the support people were "scam callers," but I never received a call from them, I was connected to them via the Princess phone number! I kept saying I couldn't login via multiple platforms, ios, Android, web version. She kept telling it was fine, the problem was me on my multiple devices. Never addressed that two other departments have said it is a glitch and many people are impacted. She said, "I'm from Princess and everything is fine."  Never answered my questions about who were the other people I spoke to.

I apologize for my rambling, I just got out of the chat and I'm reeling and puzzled.

We have two more Alaskan cruises set for September, but I think I'm going to have to cancel. I can't get over the lack of customer service.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Bex1015 said:

This makes me so sad. Today I attempted to login to my account on my desktop through the web version. Under my login someone else's information came up! I immediately called Medallion support, called customer support, and finally spoke to someone after four hours. I was told my data was"crossed" with someone else's and that the only people who could correct this was Loylaty Department and they were not open until tomorrow. Then I was directed to go to the livechat. Kristin in live chat was very unhelpful, said she could access my account, she kept gaslighting me, saying everything is fine and my data was safe." Then she said the support people were "scam callers," but I never received a call from them, I was connected to them via the Princess phone number! I kept saying I couldn't login via multiple platforms, ios, Android, web version. She kept telling it was fine, the problem was me on my multiple devices. Never addressed that two other departments have said it is a glitch and many people are impacted. She said, "I'm from Princess and everything is fine."  Never answered my questions about who were the other people I spoke to.

I apologize for my rambling, I just got out of the chat and I'm reeling and puzzled.

We have two more Alaskan cruises set for September, but I think I'm going to have to cancel. I can't get over the lack of customer service.

What an awful experience.  It seems insane that Princess doesn't care about customer service, but apparently this whole medallion rigamarole has been around for years, sometimes doesn't work, and Princess just denies the problem.   It's nuts, just nuts.  We all faced enough uncertainty and baloney through the virus hysteria, do we really need more from a cruiseline that has our money?   Our upcoming Christmas cruise will be make-or-break with me and Princess; if I have to do cartwheels to get things done on THEIR system, then I AM DONE with Princess.   I am not going to lift a finger if there are issues checking in online.

• Like 3

On 11/6/2022 at 3:21 PM, Bex1015 said:

This makes me so sad. Today I attempted to login to my account on my desktop through the web version. Under my login someone else's information came up! I immediately called Medallion support, called customer support, and finally spoke to someone after four hours

Personally, I would be afraid to give such a company my credit card details...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

Personally, I would be afraid to give such a company my credit card details...

I have a Capital One card. It allows me to have as many "virtual numbers" as I like. The number I give to Princess is good for charges to Princess but nowhere else. I use virtual numbers for all of my online purchases.

• Like 8

On 11/6/2022 at 12:41 AM, mark213 said:

Anyone else having trouble with the medallion wearable ordering screen. We get to the order part where you can customise the medallion, and then click "save and continue"  but it just doesn't respond. Tried on android, iPhone and web version and all the same. Even my wife's account is the same..... I think it's a back end issue.  Anyone have the support number for Australia by chance?

I could be totally wrong but I thought I read some time back that customising the Medallion was only available in the US. One of the worst things about Princess IT is it never gives you an on screen message that what you are trying is not available/permitted etc - you just get a blank.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, leck57 said:

I could be totally wrong but I thought I read some time back that customising the Medallion was only available in the US. One of the worst things about Princess IT is it never gives you an on screen message that what you are trying is not available/permitted etc - you just get a blank.

Thanks just spoke to them on the support line.

So in Australia customisation is fine but no home delivery. They said they can see it's not "pushing through" and is maybe due to a system change their end, but not to worry we are Green Lane.

Note it wasn't that we were customising . The error presents itself even when just going through the basic free option. It's definately an problem on the back end. It was working until about 4 days ago then it simply stopped responding. 

For customisation we can do at the port and the prices are the same. 

Suppose it will have to do. 

Hi everyone.
I'm about to go on the Majestic Princess Cruise ship.

How much harder will it be to access all the amenities on the cruise without the Medallion App?

I'm not big on technology when I'm out and about and I'd rather not use my mobile devices.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chrishello said:

Hi everyone.

How much harder will it be to access all the amenities on the cruise without the Medallion App?

I'm not big on technology when I'm out and about and I'd rather not use my mobile devices.

You don't need the app at all onboard, just the actual medallion, which is what unlocks your cabin door.

• Like 3

BUT ... you might enjoy the experience of using your phone for all kinds of silly things while on board.  I've been learning how to make my Android work over the past few months, so I've downloaded the Princess app and have been playing with it.  It's GREAT fun, I must admit.  Whether the durn app will WORK or not on our upcoming cruise remains to be seen.  Learning new stuff makes this ol' lady happy.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chrishello said:

Hi everyone.

The only feature I used was occasionally I wanted to find the DW. Finding any activities is an exercise in frustration (the Patter is much better and you can circle things for easy reference). The drink order was hit or miss. It was better to flag someone down and order a drink to have something to do while waiting to see if you drink ordered on the app would come. Mrs Zen never used her phone and our traveling companions did not either. I think the app senses fear in the user and responds as any predator would.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, NownZen said:

I think the app senses fear in the user and responds as any predator would.

that is true all the way back to the early days of personal computers, i used to tell my older family members (who were perhaps younger than I am now) that you needed to threaten to throw the computer out the window, but if it thought you were bluffing, you would never regain control. 

Edited by travelin.sisters
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/9/2022 at 7:56 PM, travelin.sisters said:

that is true all the way back to the early days of personal computers, i used to tell my older family members (who were perhaps younger than I am now) that you needed to threaten to throw the computer out the window, but if it thought you were bluffing, you would never regain control. 

Yes. In the days of VCRs my wife always got very mad when she pressed a button and nothing happened and then I pressed it and it worked. That still happens today with her phone. Since we on cruises to relax and be happy, her phone stays in the safe.

• Like 2

Well I set my arrival group on the app for early A 11 to 11:30 " I Thought", just FYI , there is a confirmation button bellow, that doesn't show in the arrival groups window, you must click on , well now I'm in the Mid C group 12 to 12:30 I'll take it and be happy, but this app needs some work.