Washer/Dryer on NCL escape

usahawk1

28 minutes ago, pbenjamin said:

No they don't have self service laundry facilities on NCL ships.

True, BUT they offer a $19.95 laundry bag - you fill as much as you can into a bag (paper, so bring tape to reinforce it) and it gets laundered and returned after a day or 2.

To be honest, it's best that there are no laundry facilities on any NCL ships - fire and safety hazard. The last (and ONLY) time I used one was on the Pearl in 2008, and OMG, it was NOT a clean place. it was abused as people disappear for hours after putting clothes into either washer or dryer, and there were piles of clothes in the room. Also ppl were not conforming to the "remove lint from dryer" rule, I found SAND in lint holder in one of the dryer. Bottom line, people were not treating the appliances as they would at home. Never again.

They might be okay on smaller and more upscale ships, but not on larger and family oriented ships.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

True, BUT they offer a $19.95 laundry bag - you fill as much as you can into a bag (paper, so bring tape to reinforce it) and it gets laundered and returned after a day or 2.

To be honest, it's best that there are no laundry facilities on any NCL ships - fire and safety hazard. The last (and ONLY) time I used one was on the Pearl in 2008, and OMG, it was NOT a clean place. it was abused as people disappear for hours after putting clothes into either washer or dryer, and there were piles of clothes in the room. Also ppl were not conforming to the "remove lint from dryer" rule, I found SAND in lint holder in one of the dryer. Bottom line, people were not treating the appliances as they would at home. Never again.

They might be okay on smaller and more upscale ships, but not on larger and family oriented ships.

I agree, that is what we experienced on princess. Good to know about the laundry bags. 
Thank you for the info 

sometimes they will have a sale on laundry about midway through the cruise, it really depends on the ship just watch for it, you will get a flyer if it happens. I think on the Pearl it was $15 but one day only. There was never a sale on the Bliss

Sorry to go slightly off topic; I read that club balcony suites get a free bag of laundry as a perk, is that accurate? Sometimes I see it listed as a perk and sometimes I don't so just wondering. We'll be on a 10 day cruise with 2 children so even one complimentary bag may not be enough 😬

41 minutes ago, AwesomO said:

Sorry to go slightly off topic; I read that club balcony suites get a free bag of laundry as a perk, is that accurate? Sometimes I see it listed as a perk and sometimes I don't so just wondering. We'll be on a 10 day cruise with 2 children so even one complimentary bag may not be enough 😬

Seems like some laundry or pressing service is included. From https://www.ncl.com/fr/en/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/minisuites-and-balconies

Exclusive Club Balcony Suite Amenities

• Option to pre-book onboard entertainment and dining as early as 125 days prior to sailing
  • Complimentary treats delivered to your stateroom
  • Complimentary bottle of sparkling wine
  • Complimentary choice of one valet laundry or pressing service
  • Bliss Collection by Norwegian™ featuring fine linens, pillows and a memory foam mattress or mattress topper
  • Room Service menus offering delicious options for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Coffee and tea set-up
  • TV, refrigerator, safe and hair dryer
  • Sitting area
  • Lower beds arranged as a queen-size bed
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Shellbelle28 said:

Ohhh, I felt so nostalgic the other day. I was folding clothes and found one of the little NCL laundry sticker tags on a garment. Still there after almost 18 months since our last cruise! 

I find one occasionally,  they are so itchy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BirdTravels said:

We do a couple of fill-a-bags per cruise. We have never had any problems with the quality of work. Always nicely pressed and folded when returned to us. 

I've probably just got poor quality clothes haha!

On 7/10/2021 at 10:05 AM, ScratchTheRat said:

I've always found that when I fill a bag for them to do laundry, I end up with clothes stretched/shrunk.

Same here. I swear they probably just wash everything on super hot water and dry it on high. 

I’ve learned to only send out stuff like socks, underwear, gym shorts, old t shirts. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SkierRobUMN said:

Same here. I swear they probably just wash everything on super hot water and dry it on high. 

I’ve learned to only send out stuff like socks, underwear, gym shorts, old t shirts. 

This is why my travel wardrobe consists exclusively of items that can be thrown in the washer & dryer on any old setting.  If it requires special handling, it stays at home 🏠

• Like 3