Royal's website has 0 cruises out of Florida for July or August 21

13 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You need to keep checking for availability. Use a site other than RCI. 

I guess that old thread you brought back up had no value in the moderators eyes........ I agree!

We moved from our Explorer of the Seas Sept 4th cruise (which was canceled) to the Ovation of the Seas September 3 sailing out of Seattle.  We received a “Royal up” email. Our agent told us that although a ship may be selling at their planned capacity, they are trying to move people to the higher priced cabins by offering them a paid upgrade. We’re pretty happy with the cabin that we got, so we didn’t take the bait.  I have heard that it’s pretty close to its planned capacity as well, so if anyone is thinking to cruise that weekend you better grab it while it’s there!

6 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

They said they are sold out but didn't say to what occupancy level they were sold. I'd actually be surprised if quite a few of these were already over the 40%-50% number. Royal hasn't committed to exactly what percentage the are limiting a ship to yet.

2 hours ago, Plum Happy said:

Since Freedom have their certificate from The CDC, they can sail at full capacity now.  I checked an online site and there are a lot of sold out cruises.  

I didn't realize the test cruise certificate meant they could sail at 100% capacity ??

If you are able to do so, your best chance might be to check 47 hours before sailing.  Cruise with Confidence allows cancellations up until 48 hours before sailing.  Cabins used to open up the day after final payment date.  That is no longer the case due to CWC.

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I didn't realize the test cruise certificate meant they could sail at 100% capacity ??

The CDC says that they do not anticipate any additional phases.  https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0505-conditional-sailing-order.html

In the final phase of the CSO, cruise ships operators with an approved COVID-19 Conditional Sailing Certificate application will be permitted to sail with passengers following the requirements of the CSO. CDC does not anticipate releasing any additional documents for Phase 4. Instead, CDC will be updating online documents to incorporate changes to quarantine, testing, color status, and lessons learned from simulated voyages.

Phases:  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/pdf/CSO-Phased-Approach-Infographic-p.pdf

Try doing a cruise search on Vacations To Go.  Scroll down to "Florida Any Port" and it will show you if any of the ships are sold out or not.  My Dad used the setting for "All Cruise Lines" so it will give you the options for any other cruise lines.  July looks like it's all sold out.  There's still some openings on Carnival and MSC.

It looks like the first RC ship is available out of Florida on September 3rd.

Edited by broadwaybaby123

On 6/29/2021 at 12:14 PM, PTC DAWG said:

I'm almost positive the ship isn't booked anywhere near 100% at this time...

From what I can figure by reading social media and emailing other cruisers, capacity limit is around 38-40% and once that figure is reached, the sailing is closed.