Did Equinox receive full Revolutionizing Pre Covid?

terrydtx

2 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Does anyone know if the Equinox received the full Revolutionizing pre Covid?  My TA told me that she believes the planned cabin upgrades did not happen.

No it was only partially revolutionized.  If you search you will find a bunch of threads on this.

15 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

No it was only partially revolutionized.  If you search you will find a bunch of threads on this.

Thank you, it took awhile but I did find one of the threads you mentioned. Looks like the cabins only got new bedding and curtains and the Retreat was not completed with any shade covering and a water feature like other S class Revolutionized ships.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Thanks 1

Can you share one of those threads that you were looking at? Searching is such a pain, especially when using a cell phone. 

Im glad you asked this question though. I noticed some parts of the ship looked new but the cabins looked a little dated. I was expecting a complete make over like the Millennium had. 

35 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Thank you, it took awhile but I did find one of the threads you mentioned. Looks like the cabins only got new bedding and curtains and the Retreat was not completed with any shade covering and a water feature like other S class Revolutionized ships.

Not all cabins got the upgrades.  We were in Aqua and we got new curtains, carpeting, mattresses,  bedding,  wall pictures, tv, and new but smaller veranda furniture. The Sky Lounge was not reduced in size.  There was no hot tub in the Retreat sun deck.  The artwork was updated in the common areas.  

The S class ships were only to get a refresh, nothing like the full cabin gut of the M class.   I think the suites were supposed to be fully redone but I don't think that happened on Equinox either.   As others have said in the other cabins it was soft goods only and even then they hadn't completed all cabins last time I was onboard Sept of 2019.

We were on Equinox on one of the first post-revolution cruises in a Sky Suite and I thought I recalled new soft goods, including new mattresses and drapes, but no big changes to built-ins. New balcony furniture and dispenser sized shampoo etc. Part of my confusion and misremembering is because it was our first suite and we didn’t know what was different.

It will be interesting to see how the Retreat sun deck fared over this year - there is very little shade and the pillows, chair pads and tenting that was there didn’t look like it would survive a single season - dark colors with a lot of sun wind and salt don’t mix well

36 minutes ago, CharlieCharlieCharlie said:

I know the Royal Suites were updated with new carpet, furniture, beds, etc. We enjoyed those updates in our RS late 2019. I was hoping the other suites and various cabins had at least new carpet, curtains and beds. That’s kind of sad. 

Yes, indoors the RS were updated with some soft furnishings but the balcony furnishings were not good. Two reclining chairs with foot stools (uncushioned) and the chairs at the table were also uncushioned. Our butler rounded up some cushions for us but not ideal...you move, they move...Not in our opinion suite level furnishings. Much preferred the pre Revolution furnishings on the balcony.

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, keesar said:

Not all cabins got the upgrades.  We were in Aqua and we got new curtains, carpeting, mattresses,  bedding,  wall pictures, tv, and new but smaller veranda furniture. The Sky Lounge was not reduced in size.  There was no hot tub in the Retreat sun deck.  The artwork was updated in the common areas.  

The Sky Lounge reduction to add Signature Suites was cancelled for all S-Class ships during the Revolution updates not just Equinox; Silhouette had its full Revolution update and did not get those suites added.

We cruised on the equinox right before and after the “revolution”, and the ship looked great both times. One of our favorite ships. Glad they did not get rid of the library area, which was part of the original plan prior to the port accident which limited the days it was worked on. 

12 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

The Sky Lounge reduction to add Signature Suites was cancelled for all S-Class ships during the Revolution updates not just Equinox; Silhouette had its full Revolution update and did not get those suites added.

Glad to hear this.... Sky lounge is one of my favorite spots and one reason I prefer S class over Edge. We were on Equinox just after its incomplete update...our cabin had a few soft changes but nothing beyond that... If I recall wasn't the ship to have been done at Freeport..but the Oasis craine accident forced ship over to France cutting the time for refurb in half... or at least prevented the full upgrade

3 hours ago, bdmagee said:

We cruised on the equinox right before and after the “revolution”, and the ship looked great both times. One of our favorite ships. Glad they did not get rid of the library area, which was part of the original plan prior to the port accident which limited the days it was worked on. 

We also were on the ship right before and after the renovation.  Before the renovation, the ship looked tired.  Artwork had been removed from common areas.  Our room had holes in the curtains and  sofa.  The carpet was sad.  Afterwards, there was a huge different in our room and in the common areas.  I would definitely sail on this ship again.

18 minutes ago, keesar said:

We also were on the ship right before and after the renovation.  Before the renovation, the ship looked tired.  Artwork had been removed from common areas.  Our room had holes in the curtains and  sofa.  The carpet was sad.  Afterwards, there was a huge different in our room and in the common areas.  I would definitely sail on this ship again.

What type of cabin did you have that was refurbished?

7 hours ago, kearney said:

Glad to hear this.... Sky lounge is one of my favorite spots and one reason I prefer S class over Edge. We were on Equinox just after its incomplete update...our cabin had a few soft changes but nothing beyond that... If I recall wasn't the ship to have been done at Freeport..but the Oasis craine accident forced ship over to France cutting the time for refurb in half... or at least prevented the full upgrade

Equinox went to Cadiz, Spain for its abbreviated refurb IIRC.