Carnival announces change of HORIZON July 4th sailing.

jimbo5544

6 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Instead of Bimini, they get two days at HMC.  While never been to Bimini, would be home run for me.

So what you are saying is, this will be the greatest cruise ever. HMC is god tier

• Haha 2

Just now, Joe817 said:

Well this makes the most sense. Very tight restrictions. Thanks for posting C.R.! 

Be interesting to see how this changes for future cruises.  Shows how fluid things will be.  Wonder why they specified “for this cruise only”.

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

Be interesting to see how this changes for future cruises.  Shows how fluid things will be.  Wonder why they specified “for this cruise only”.

No idea, I checked my July 18th sailing to see if it was changed after hearing the news and Bimini is still there. Like you said, it’s fluid, every day something changes. Time will tell. 

6 minutes ago, Cruise Related said:

If I'm reading that right, it says cruise ship passengers are allowed off the ship during the non-curfew hours (7pm - 5am) so is it just an abundance of caution?  Or could it be related to the hurricane?  It looks like South Bimini is in the direct path of the hurricane but HMC is a little more north and east.   Anyway, TWO DAYS AT HALF MOON CAY IS A RARE TREAT!

Just now, IntrepidFromDC said:

If I'm reading that right, it says cruise ship passengers are allowed off the ship during the non-curfew hours (7pm - 5am) so is it just an abundance of caution?  Or could it be related to the hurricane?  It looks like South Bimini is in the direct path of the hurricane but HMC is a little more north and east.   Anyway, TWO DAYS AT HALF MOON CAY IS A RARE TREAT!

Well it also limits people to groups of 5 on beaches and what not.So excursions really won’t be a thing unless it’s not on a beach. I don’t have a lot of knowledge about Bimini, but I think most of it is beach stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Can you imagine the insurrection that would happen from the guests on a ship that sails into a port with all bars closed? :classic_ohmy: I can't.

I know I normally hit up a bar in port to try some local brew, but since Bimini is a part of the Bahamas, I’m sure I’ve had it. Unless it’s super local stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Can you imagine the insurrection that would happen from the guests on a ship that sails into a port with all bars closed? :classic_ohmy: I can't.

It would be like January 6, part deux...  maybe we'll need the French to save us a third time...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Maybe Carnival is thinking people will stay onboard and buy drinks.  Another day at sea...kinda 🙂

16 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

It's for this cruise only until they think it's just for the next one. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1