RCCL offered full refund and a full FCC to cancel (F.O.S. 7/12/2021)

I didn't see this mentioned in any threads so I thought I would share the information with everyone.  We just received a phone call from the RCCL executive department (I think that's what she said).  We have three cabins on the F.O.S. for Monday (7/12/2021).  She said due to capacity constraints they would like to offer us a full refund and a FCC in the full amount we paid for the cruise if we would cancel.  I told her we needed to think about it and she said she will call us back tomorrow.  This was a cruise we originally booked for June 2020 that we lifted and shifted to the I.O.S. on 7/12 that was later switched to the N.O.S. and was switched again to the current ship.  They did also call us about a week ago and asked if we were willing to provide our vaccination status which we did.  Each cabin has a vaccinated adult and an unvaccinated child.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If I red this correctly it is three cabins with six people total. The offer should be for three full refunds (one per cabin) and three full FCC’s. I’d take that in a New York minute.

• Like 4

I looked at cruises for next summer (same amount of days/itinerary) and the prices are more than the refund and FCC combined.  We have three balconies in a row (two connecting) that we originally paid under $2200 (total) for.  The cheapest I could find for next summer is $4500.  We live near the ports so that is not an issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We were all wondering how they were going to handle ship capacity for the first couple months of sailings.    If this is what they will offer, this is a great deal but at the same time.     I want to cruise and if they offer me this for my September Oasis sailing, I will say No, get me on a ship!

• Like 3

Interesting, I received notice last night that my RoyalUp had been accepted for this sailing. I got an updated invoice. There is now a line on it, under my Crown and anchor info, etc., which says Special Services “Vaccinated-Yes”.  I have never had this info listed previously on an invoice. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bamdoo said:

We have three balconies in a row (two connecting) that we originally paid under $2200 (total) for.  The cheapest I could find for next summer is $4500. 

If they call back, ask for a L&S plus some FCC.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, bamdoo said:

I looked at cruises for next summer (same amount of days/itinerary) and the prices are more than the refund and FCC combined.  We have three balconies in a row (two connecting) that we originally paid under $2200 (total) for.  The cheapest I could find for next summer is $4500.  We live near the ports so that is not an issue.

You definitely did get an amazing price, under $2200 for 3 balconies is a great price.   If you are all set and feel safe cruising then go and enjoy your sailing.  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, bamdoo said:

Average of $733 for a balcony room? WOW

24 minutes ago, bamdoo said:

$2,200 refund + $2,200 FCC = $4,400 that you could apply to the cruise you found, so your net is only $100 out of pocket. I’d have the cruise info handy and negotiate on that cruise for 2022.

25 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If they call back, ask for a L&S plus some FCC.

To the original poster ^^^^^^ this is what I'd ask for, or if not FCC get a healthy OBC for the L&S cruise.

There's no way to tell if that FCC will cover a future cruise, or what terms/conditions they'll slap on it. ("Cannot be combined with any other offer" comes to mind.....)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bamdoo said:

I didn't see this mentioned in any threads so I thought I would share the information with everyone.  We just received a phone call from the RCCL executive department (I think that's what she said).  We have three cabins on the F.O.S. for Monday (7/12/2021).  She said due to capacity constraints they would like to offer us a full refund and a FCC in the full amount we paid for the cruise if we would cancel.  I told her we needed to think about it and she said she will call us back tomorrow.  This was a cruise we originally booked for June 2020 that we lifted and shifted to the I.O.S. on 7/12 that was later switched to the N.O.S. and was switched again to the current ship.  They did also call us about a week ago and asked if we were willing to provide our vaccination status which we did.  Each cabin has a vaccinated adult and an unvaccinated child.  

Would have took your offer in a NY minute and not have even thought twice about it.

Cruising can wait, not a big deal.

39 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The OP may not get a call back as others may not be so undecided.

Agreed those offers are not sitting on a street corner, those offers disappear when you don't take them up on there offer at the moment. I believe the OP may have blown it.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Would have took your offer in a NY minute and not have even thought twice about it.

Cruising can wait, not a big deal.

Even if it left them out of pocket $100pp more on the re-book as their research indicated?

I will ask about the L&S option when they call back tomorrow.  If they don't offer something better than the refund and FCC we will stick with our current sailing.  The exact price we paid per cabin for two people is $713.26 (no obc).

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Even if it left them out of pocket $100pp more on the re-book as their research indicated?

Prices will come down, they can book something last minute, they live close to the ports.

BTW everybody knows this is just a 4 night sailing right?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Agreed those offers are not sitting on a street corner, those offers disappear when you don't take them up on there offer at the moment. I believe the OP may have blown it.

I'm wondering if they started to call those who paid the least first.

Those who would need the whole credit to rebook. If I was rcl I'd have started with the lowest paying.

• Like 4