Beveraage Package?

I am looking for advice on Refreshment beverage package.  What does RCI charge for bottled water, Coke products, mock-tails, if you do not have a beverage package?  $360 for 12 days seems quite pricey.   Thank you for any comments.  Do they decrease prices closer to boarding?

I have gotten the Refreshment package for $20 per day plus gratuities.  Not sure if $360 was on a sale or not.  So my short answer is you may be able to do better.  Having said that, I don’t think even $30 per day is bad.  Good coffee, bottled water, canned soda, mock tails. If I wasn’t spending my money on alcohol, I could spend $30 on non alcoholic beverages pretty easily.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If I recall accurately, and correct me if I do not, you can go to Guest Services and request that "included gratuities" be removed from the drink package. 

The whole "included gratuity" thing is a big pet peeve of mine.  If it's included in the price, it's NOT gratuity!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, LEMJMcC said:

If I recall accurately, and correct me if I do not, you can go to Guest Services and request that "included gratuities" be removed from the drink package. 

The whole "included gratuity" thing is a big pet peeve of mine.  If it's included in the price, it's NOT gratuity!

Personally I have never heard of anyone being able to remove gratuity from a drink package..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, LEMJMcC said:

The only grats you can remove, for now, are the ones associated with your cabin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LEMJMcC said:

I agree with that statement.    If it's included, it is not gratuity...

Prepaid gratuities especially.

But I can understand why the cruise lines do it.

To help the staff get paid.

They try to make it as easy as possible so people don't skip out or short change the tips at the end of the voyage.   

Edited by matj2000
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LEMJMcC said:

As far as tips.

I always bring at least $200 in singles too tip the staff for drinks.

In addition to the mandatory prepaid gratuity...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Unless things have changed you do not get canned soda with the refreshment package. They supply you with a large ‘cup’ which you fill up yourself at a number of drinks stations on the ship. You can also get it filled up at the bars. I paid £17 UK per day (plus grats) last cruise. My next cruise in 2022 has it down as £27 per day so the price has jumped significantly 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For my upcoming cruise at the end of August the alcohol package has been $62 a day. This morning I checked and it’s up to $71 a day. Yikes… Is there any chance it will go down again? Anyone have this experience before? Thanks. 

Yes if you order a soda in the dining room you will get a regular glass. I believe it's the same in the bar if you don't have your refillable cup with you.

4 minutes ago, better_at_sea said:

For Royal Caribbean is there an option to get sodas at a bar or sit down restaurant without having to fill up your "large cup?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

For my upcoming cruise at the end of August the alcohol package has been $62 a day. This morning I checked and it’s up to $71 a day. Yikes… Is there any chance it will go down again? Anyone have this experience before? Thanks. 

For an August cruise you might have missed out. The best deals are around Holidays like last week's 4th of July sale that brought it to $62 for you

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marie51 said:

Keep checking there’s always a sale. Buy when you can and if it goes lower, cancel it and repurchase 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, better_at_sea said:

For Royal Caribbean is there an option to get sodas at a bar or sit down restaurant without having to fill up your "large cup?"

Definitely (at least just prior to COVID).  Always was able to be served a coke in a glass (or plastic) at any bar by showing the seapass with the refreshment package logo on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 9:03 AM, mauraoel said:

Yes if you order a soda in the dining room you will get a regular glass. I believe it's the same in the bar if you don't have your refillable cup with you.

I never even unwrap my refillable cup.  I just order at the bar and they give you a glass.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Californian said:

Has anyone seen the refreshment package go lower than $20/day?

The lowest I have seen in the last couple of years is $17.  I got it for $20 on Adventure in Dec. 2019 and my upcoming Serenade I paid $23.  I'd jump on a $20 right now.

• Like 1