Not Getting Email from Princess

foodcruiser

Does anyone have an email address to ask about my email.  I am not getting any email from Princess.  I just read a post about an email offer for gift cards.  I did not receive that. I have not received any email from Princess and I have a cruise in November.  Thee only emails I have received is when I made a  purchase for the cruise, so I know that the email address they have is correct.

55 minutes ago, foodcruiser said:

Does anyone have an email address to ask about my email.  I am not getting any email from Princess.  I just read a post about an email offer for gift cards.  I did not receive that. I have not received any email from Princess and I have a cruise in November.  Thee only emails I have received is when I made a  purchase for the cruise, so I know that the email address they have is correct.

If you're asking about receiving "marketing" Emails from Princess with special offers, etc, good luck. I have tried for years to get such Emails sent, but to no avail. There's even a big link at the top of the Princess web site home page that says "Special Offers Sign Up", but no matter how often I use it, it results in no offers being sent. I typically receive at least one such Email a day from Celebrity, but nothing from Princess. If you do succeed, please let us know how you managed it.

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

If you're asking about receiving "marketing" Emails from Princess with special offers, etc, good luck. I have tried for years to get such Emails sent, but to no avail. There's even a big link at the top of the Princess web site home page that says "Special Offers Sign Up", but no matter how often I use it, it results in no offers being sent. I typically receive at least one such Email a day from Celebrity, but nothing from Princess. If you do succeed, please let us know how you managed it.

We have the exact same problem. For years I also tried to get marketing emails and did the same as you. I just gave up and except the fact that we only get emails for our booked reservations.

42 minutes ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

We have the exact same problem. For years I also tried to get marketing emails and did the same as you. I just gave up and except the fact that we only get emails for our booked reservations.

I just noticed something interesting on the Princess site. That "Special Offers Sign Up" button only appears when I am NOT logged onto my account. As soon as I log in, the button is gone. In any case, I re-applied for the Emails in the faint hope that with all the changes on the web site in recent months, maybe that will cause their "system" to start sending the Emails.

I also NEVER get emails from Princess, despite having cruised with them for 14 years and being elite. I don't get any marketing emails, the early booking links/notifications, nothing...I have tried many times to rectify this through customer relations, IT, web feedback forms, resigning up, all to no avail. If you get it figured out, please come back and let us know!

12 hours ago, lx200gps said:

I typically receive at least one such Email a day from Celebrity, but nothing from Princess. If you do succeed, please let us know how you managed it.

Same here but I will add RCI, Carnival and HAL to Celebrity in the list of emails I get on a daily basis. But zilch from Princess.

8 minutes ago, joepeka said:

Same here but I will add RCI, Carnival and HAL to Celebrity in the list of emails I get on a daily basis. But zilch from Princess.

And I also forgot to mention that I receive 2 or 3 Emails a week from NCL, but still nothing from Princess

• Like 1

In the UK you have to go into your personal account and tick the box saying you would like to receive marketing emails from Princess. 

Not sure if it is the same in the US and Canada.

I find I get the emails about cruise deals when I have no cruises booked. The instant I book a cruise, the emails stop. I get the other emails regardless, but the discount emails

stop the instant  I book a cruise in the future.

2 hours ago, pkpon said:

In the UK you have to go into your personal account and tick the box saying you would like to receive marketing emails from Princess. 

I've done that a number of times, and I've also tried it via the link on their home page without logging in, and neither yields any response.

I notice that when I sign up for these non-existent Emails, in addition to asking for name and Email address, they also ask whether you are working with a TA. I wonder if answering YES to that question would make a difference.

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

they also ask whether you are working with a TA. I wonder if answering YES to that question would make a difference.

That's a good thought, perhaps they avoid competing with a TA.

BTW I recently started getting emails from LA Rams - I'm a lifelong 49rs supporter, do you think Ocean Medallion team can stop these 🙂

I thought I would try a little experiment to see if I could get a response out of Princess. I fired up a tired old PC I had lying around (with a completely fresh Windows 11 no less) and loaded up the Princess web site using a fresh Browser, so absolutely no existing cookies or history to indicate to their system that I had ever contacted Princess. I put in my wife's name (though she is definitely in their system, and used a spare Email address I had lying around, so they would never know "it was me".  I also made sure not to select that I was working with a TA. Lo and behold, within a few hours I received two Emails from a Princess PVP offering their services, and I know I had never received such a communication before.  I'll let it play for a while to see if I start to receive the marketing Emails I'm hoping for, but I'm not overly optimistic.

11 hours ago, pkpon said:

It is the same in the USA.

54 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

I thought I would try a little experiment to see if I could get a response out of Princess. I fired up a tired old PC I had lying around (with a completely fresh Windows 11 no less) and loaded up the Princess web site using a fresh Browser, so absolutely no existing cookies or history to indicate to their system that I had ever contacted Princess. I put in my wife's name (though she is definitely in their system, and used a spare Email address I had lying around, so they would never know "it was me".  I also made sure not to select that I was working with a TA. Lo and behold, within a few hours I received two Emails from a Princess PVP offering their services, and I know I had never received such a communication before.  I'll let it play for a while to see if I start to receive the marketing Emails I'm hoping for, but I'm not overly optimistic.

The problem with that is that emails need to be linked to your Captain Circle account to be targeted for you. So if they send you a killer deal to the "new" email address and it is intended for someone that hasn't cruised before, for example, then you won't get the deal if you try to book it under your account. Does that make sense? It's been a long day. Lol

13 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

The problem with that is that emails need to be linked to your Captain Circle account to be targeted for you. So if they send you a killer deal to the "new" email address and it is intended for someone that hasn't cruised before, for example, then you won't get the deal if you try to book it under your account. Does that make sense? It's been a long day. Lol

Makes perfect sense. Since I never get ANY Emails from them, I figured getting generic, non-targeted marketing Emails was better than getting nothing at all ;o)

24 Hours on now, and nothing beyond the two Princess PVP messages from yesterday. In that time, I've received one each from Celebrity and NCL though.

• Like 1