Stockholder OBC: How long to credit?

Eli_6

I have a cruise scheduled August 7th. I emailed them my information and proof of ownership to the applicable email address two weeks ago. Then, as a back up, I also mailed CCL my information and proof of owning more than 100 shares.  For those of you who have done this before, how long does it typically take for that OBC to be applied?  

5 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

I have a cruise scheduled August 7th. I emailed them my information and proof of ownership to the applicable email address two weeks ago. Then, as a back up, I also mailed CCL my information and proof of owning more than 100 shares.  For those of you who have done this before, how long does it typically take for that OBC to be applied?  

That’s the million dollar question. Can be anytime. Call Carnival and ask for Quest Relations, they will help you.

2 minutes ago, N7786W Flyer said:

I submitted my request last month and it took a full 3 weeks for them to respond.  

Garnett

Thank you!  I expect they are pretty busy with these requests right now. But I guess that's a good thing - means people are cruising. 👍

I'm sure they are busy...however, when they finally did respond, they made a mistake on one of our cruises and failed to give us any OBC. 

I immediately emailed them back and they responded within the hour with a correction.  I was surprised I didn't have to wait for days/weeks for the correction to arrive.

Garnett

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

I submitted my request on June 17th and received confirmation of my obc on July 7th. 

• Like 1

I've just received a response to my shareholder OBC request:  submitted request 6/25, so 3 weeks response time.  However, it was denied - said our names weren't on the statement.  Our names were clearly on the statement at the top in all caps.  So I'm resubmitting with our names - and other required info - highlighted in bright yellow this time.  They are probably overwhelmed with requests and just aren't taking the time to look at them close enough.  So I'll wait another 3 weeks - hopefully I'll get an approval this time.  🤞

3 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

I've just received a response to my shareholder OBC request:  submitted request 6/25, so 3 weeks response time.  However, it was denied - said our names weren't on the statement.  Our names were clearly on the statement at the top in all caps.  So I'm resubmitting with our names - and other required info - highlighted in bright yellow this time.  They are probably overwhelmed with requests and just aren't taking the time to look at them close enough.  So I'll wait another 3 weeks - hopefully I'll get an approval this time.  🤞

I got an email with the same thing about name and picture was to small. So I circled name, and sent a larger picture and returned on their email. I was credited a couple hours later.

i just got mine yesterday (for july 18 cruise) it was submitted via email on the 24th of june (we booked on 23).

I didn't resubmit it or anything.   I think they are backed up.  It's never taken that long for me to get it.

On 7/12/2021 at 10:16 AM, Eli_6 said:

I got mine for  February 2022 cruise and all before that one.  My October 2022 was too far out.

On 7/12/2021 at 10:16 AM, Eli_6 said:

Send them an email and ask if they received it. Usually that will get it done.

On 7/15/2021 at 10:20 PM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Anyone want the email address? Here it is. shareholders@carnival.com I use it to send in the request and also to ask questions. Here is another guestadmin@carnival.com

First time for me to request the OBC.  What do I need to include in the email?  Photo of statement with my name; booking number; sail date???  Thanks for any help.

1 hour ago, RunnerGirl26.2 said:

First time for me to request the OBC.  What do I need to include in the email?  Photo of statement with my name; booking number; sail date???  Thanks for any help.

I listed all of my booking numbers/ship names/sail dates within the email and included a photo of my statement showing my name, statement date and carnival shares. I marked out all other info on the statement.

I emailed my info on 6/27 and received a response yesterday, 7/16. They replied to my email and sent updated confirmations showing the OBC. 

They approved 3 out of 5 bookings through May ‘22, was told to resubmit my info for Nov ‘22 and  Dec ‘22 cruises.

Edited by live.love.cruise
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RunnerGirl26.2 said:

Just make sure any identifying number for you on the statement is either blacked out or whited out. Otherwise, your list is fine except add also the name of the ship.

• Like 1

It took about 2.5 weeks for them to send an email stating we hadn't sent in our brokerage statement.  I know we faxed it, but it must have gotten lost or whatever.  So using their email, I replied with an attachment of the brokerage statement.  We got a pretty immediate response to that email with credit added to our OBC.

I faxed my paperwork on July 15th and I just received an email from Carnival confirming the shareholder benefit.  In the email it states

Please note this will not appear on your cruise manager however it will reflect on your revised guest confirmation listed under the Itemized Charges as On Board Credits.