LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

1 minute ago, oteixeira said:

I am dealing with a similar thing, lost a bunch after covid started and kept it off.  I am actually worried I will need to train like those hot dog eating folks do before my cruise in December.  LOL

I know what you mean.  I’ve lost 46 pounds since October.  Yesterday, I did a bunch of yard work in the heat and my Fitbit said I burned 3,700 calories.  I ate what I thought was a big dinner, but only got 1,700 calories in for the day.  Not going to sustain my weight that way!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

I know what you mean.  I’ve lost 46 pounds since October.  Yesterday, I did a bunch of yard work in the heat and my Fitbit said I burned 3,700 calories.  I ate what I thought was a big dinner, but only got 1,700 calories in for the day.  Not going to sustain my weight that way!

Show off!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

Funny, my story is very similar, I am down 45 pounds depending on the day of the week (it fluctuates from day to day).  I do not count my calories for sure, but I do my best to walk 3 miles a day, and I can lose 3-4 lbs if I work on my truck or the yard all day in the NC heat and forget to eat well (I do a good job keeping up with the water part).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CptBoatface said:

Hmm, I like the frosted drinks and just had a breakthrough thought. I don't drink, but they don't cut one a deal for virgin daiquiri, do they? Maybe I can ask for the rum on the side and push it over to a friend. Hmmmm

Virgin drinks are less expensive than their alcoholic versions. They are also included in the refreshment package.

2 hours ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Thank you for the pics, glad to hear you had a great experience! Just curious if you could see how many of the floating cabanas were booked...they seem to be selling out on some cruises.

Today on our side half were available. We were in # 20 which I highly recommend. Out concierge arranged for us to have that one. 

• Like 2

On 7/17/2021 at 3:48 PM, 3kidsncats said:

I can’t wait — unfortunately our friends won’t have access so we probably won’t visit the lounge very often.  No doubt it will be a regular morning coffee hang though

It sounds like you need to hang with a higher class of friends.  😉

Edited by mianmike
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

So @HBCcruiser, was the overwater cabana worth it?  I've been considering one but can't pull the trigger for just 2 people based on the prices for my upcoming cruises.  I think I'll need to find some friends. 😁

We loved it but had 6 people. If you want special treatment a beautiful setting and are ok with swimming in the ocean,  then yes, especially as cruises get up to full capacity. 

Here are a few more pics. Walking on the dock getting ready to get on the Adventure of the Seas' gangway, along comes Adventure's big sister (and the largest cruise ship in the world), Symphony of the Seas;

20210718_165538.jpg

Closer view of the bow of the Symphony of the Seas;

20210718_165549.thumb.jpg.4c918d870cb51aa8a367a8101199f45e.jpg

Once back on board Adventure of the Seas, this is what you see (the Centrum);;

20210718_170409.jpg

Can anybody guess what animal this towel animal is?

20210718_210745.jpg

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, MorganClark said:

Here that video of Coco Cay Beach Club;

Wow thank you, that is the best vid of  the Beach Club I've seen so far, even on You Tube, you da man!

That looks like a piggy or an ardvark!🤭

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Thanks 1

This is a great trip report, I'm really enjoying it.  Thanks to everyone who's contributed to it.  I'm just on page 16 but it sounds like you guys are going to have a fun cruise. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Wow thank you, that is the best vid of  the Beach Club I've seen so far, even on You Tube, you da man!

That looks like a piggy or an ardvark!🤭

Thanks! Yeah, my phone dies a good job with still pics and as I learned yesterday, also takes nice video. Only thing is, I think I'm "one & done" uploading videos using the ship's & the  island's wi-fi. It took foooooreeeeever to upload. Looks like videos are too taxing on wi-fi.

You may be right on the towel animal but I won't give out the answer just yet and see if there's anymore guesses. Thanks for playing.

Well, today (Mon, 7/19) we are back at Coco Cay (btw, I've been asking the bartenders on Coco Cay and what I've been hearing is, is that the local Bahamian people pronounce Cay "Key" not "K").

Today, I have a day pass for "Thrill Waterpark" (think many big/tall waterslides & the tallest waterside in North America, so RCI claims). But, I tell you what, even though I have the pass, I may "call an audible" and just hang at the "Oasis Pool" (which has a swim up bar) instead. My body is sore as heck from my jet ski tour yesterday. It was like riding a bronco. I did "catch air" numerous times. But, that jet ski ride was a b-a-double hockey sticks buster (literally). I was speaking in a couple of higher octaves when I finished and got back, lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

@Akina13

Good morning! I'm having trouble finding your post where you posted your e-mail address. I want to add your e-mail address to my contact list. 

Would you mind shooting me an e-mail at; 

martycp60@gmail.com? That way, I can get your e-mail address (again). Once I get your e-mail, I'll add your e-mail address to my contact list.

Thanks!

Edited by MorganClark

Good morning everyone following this thread! Here are a few more pics I took yesterday on Coco Cay. Here's the infinity pool at the Coco Cay Beach Club;

@HBCcruiser's "digs", the over-the-water cabanas;

20210718_083418.jpg

It's all about the flag. Just raise the green flag on your lounger and a waiter magically appears to take your drink order;

20210718_083609.jpg

Yours truly. Cheers!

20210718_083922.jpg

Who's ugly feet are those? Oh yeah, mine. My view on my lounger;

20210718_084106.jpg

Here's the infinity pool at Coco Cay Beach Club;

20210718_082852.jpg

Since I arrived in the morning, here is my ABOC (Adult Beverage If Choice), the famous Bloody Mary;

20210718_082944.jpg

20210718_082852.jpg

20210718_082944.jpg

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 9