July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

18 minutes ago, CruiseChick33 said:

If you get on the MC app you can pick your arrival time.  Click on Travel Checklist>>>>Click Arrival and Departure Groups>>>>Click Manage under Arrival Group>>>>Click on preferred time.

Thanks…I’ve been doing that daily & it’s not available yet.

That’s why I asked about how far in advance Cruise Raider was able to make a selection & how she was notified as a P/E benefit to make her arrival time choice before other passengers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks…I’ve been doing that daily & it’s not available yet.

That’s why I asked about how far in advance Cruise Raider was able to make a selection & how she was notified as a P/E benefit to make her arrival time choice before other passengers.

We are Elite and were never notified by Princess of availability. However, eagle eyed AZBirdMom noted that she was able to choose hers so I quickly logged on and was able to select our boarding time in June for our September sailing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TinaLee said:

As does chastising someone for just trying to be helpful... just keep scrolling on by if it's redundant information for you. 

Yet you just did the exact same thing...oh well, on to the next thread.

Move on folks, nothing to see here.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I've been lurking......think I've caught up. Any chance someone on board has any idea what the charge for the Sanctuary is.....are they offering an entire cruise price?

...............Thanx for taking the time out from your va-ca to take us with you.

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

I heard you can request them.  Maybe true, maybe not … I can ask my room steward if I see him today.  

I heard you can request them.  Maybe true, maybe not … I can ask my room steward if I see him today.  

Shouldn’t have to ask for them

55 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

So does this mean no more assigned table or the same waiters throughout the week. I was kind of hoping for that as I love getting to know my waiters

I am thinking at least Allegro will be more like TD as expected.  What is different on this cruise is next to no mixing of strangers at same table.  

I don't expect an answer here unless a poster got with the MD for a talk, but I am curious about what info the MD got from Princess HQ out of the DMW and what they did to organize the three DR's.  I do think it's going to be different for a while until the CSO expires and they can end socially distanced dining.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RJAM3 said:

Some of the excursions do enter Canada so a passport would be required if you choose (and if they let us in) to Canada

no excursions will go into Canada on these early sailings.  The train in Skagway is just reduced to a two hour tour last time I checked. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

no excursions will go into Canada on these early sailings.  The train in Skagway is just reduced to a two hour tour last time I checked. 

I wonder when they will change because it should be fine if all pax on the train are vaccinated.  It wasn't much of a stay in Canada anyway as I recall.

2 minutes ago, TinaLee said:

We are Elite and were never notified by Princess of availability. However, eagle eyed AZBirdMom noted that she was able to choose hers so I quickly logged on and was able to select our boarding time in June for our September sailing. 

Thanks…we’re sailing in October & will continue to check daily to hopefully get an early arrival time to board ASAP like before when elites had priority boarding.

36 minutes ago, cruisindanx said:

Dinner menus for tonight from the TV. I’m sure someone will post an easier to read paper version later. 

D83F886E-B8F1-4E7D-8040-8B448BB3F543.jpeg

01935152-28A2-4F37-8972-C17D4A8E17C3.jpeg

995F16DD-7D0F-407F-9756-881B1D0C8DF6.jpeg

BED4B6C8-F585-4E4A-8D31-896953F97CDF.jpeg

FF17A39B-04C1-48BE-83E5-7210BD378750.jpeg

A48E3699-4EDA-425B-9E68-CAB9A88B6D69.jpeg

6CD60095-57B1-4AF4-B60C-1A2CA7603E5C.jpeg

There's the Alaska-themed menu! Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TinaLee said:

Yet, I’m still no able to choose an arrival time for my Sept sailing.  Nor have I been able to choose a disembarkation time for this sailing on the app.  My room steward just dropped off our disembarkation papers, though … so hopefully, it’s all taken care of off.  The earliest walk off time is 7:00 AM.  

• Like 1

I want to thank you so much for starting this post and keeping it updated every day.  Hadn't even realized how much I missed Princess until you started posting details.  Looking forward to being back on Grand in January, meanwhile, thanks, thanks, thanks!

52 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

we have the beverage package so don’t know about the first drink via the app cost.  
They are still hosting the PES happy hour up in the Hollywood Conservatory and we have been invited to the Captains circle party on the evening of Glacier Bay.  It will be our second formal night of the cruise.  

Hi, Cruise Raider. Glad you're enjoying the cruise so far.

Are you saying the second formal will be Thursday and not Friday? 

TIA,

Kevin

42 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

we have the beverage package so don’t know about the first drink via the app cost.  
They are still hosting the PES happy hour up in the Hollywood Conservatory and we have been invited to the Captains circle party on the evening of Glacier Bay.  It will be our second formal night of the cruise.  

@Cruise Raider, thank you for answering my questions. As protocols change change quickly, it is nice to hear the Captains Circle party has not been temporarily canceled. I know many decide it is not worth their time to attend, but some enjoy being able to socialize. 

Since it has been reported in the dining room they are allowing ‘mixed parties’ to sit together’ , I imagine the top 40 luncheon or cocktail party will still be scheduled, but no one has confirmed on board yet.

Someone just posted a question regarding Sanctuary pricing, but my experience is the Majestic does not have a ‘Sanctuary’ as in the area traditionally on other ‘Royal’ class ships. On the Majestic, it is the Hollywood Conservatory and is open to all guests,  it is not a ‘private, for fee venue’.

14 minutes ago, generichandle said:

Got on Juneau webcam to see the ship, but it is still somewhat south. Anyone know why?

BTW, I found this thread and quickly read it. Foolish of you to sacrifice your good time to keep us fed. Do not think you can just stop feeding us when ever you want to enjoy yourself. You are here to serve!

*snicker*

1245 L Juneau arrive time

we didn’t take a picture but it is identical to the Pre-CoVid menu with the shrimp and avocado appetizer, the raviolis, the salmon and beef medallions … it was all excellent although the shrimp and avocado is made a bit differently now … still outstanding!  

Thank you so much for answering this pressing question for me!!  Someone mentioned that the salmon was not available on the lunch menu, but was on the dinner menu, but it is not the same. I love the way they do the salmon (embarkation lunch) with that yummy sauce.   My experience with the shrimp and avocado appetizer is that each time it is a little different.  Always delicious!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cruisindanx said:

Biggest pet peeve for me so far on the cruise has been the paper straws. They disintegrate before I’m 1/4 done with any drink. On the plus side, that’s the only negative I have so far!

Then that's a successful cruise! Glad you're enjoying it and thanks for the updates. Much appreciated.

• Like 2