Parking at Southampton and the Covid test

smilesonfaces

I have booked parking with Triangle because they are at Ocean and it is walkable to the terminal. Could anyone who has used this car park for a staycation let me know the procedure for testing. Do I park up, walk to the terminal and it is done there ? I know between now and September things can change. Thank you. 
Apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn’t find it in the forum. 

Triangle is by Ocean Terminal i.e. walking distance the only difference is if your ship doesnt return to Ocean Terminal as planned i.e. unusual ship movements or port authority reason then your ship might dock at Mayflower and that is a long way from Triangle car park so a taxi would be needed so negates the saving on CPS. It is a gamble and things do go wrong we were once planned to return to Ocean and through a container ship breaking down blocking Ocean we had to disembark if you have booked with CPS or P4C then arrangements will be made for you to either taken to your car or for your car to be at the new terminal. Book with anyone else and your on your own.

Edited by majortom10

21 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Triangle is by Ocean Terminal i.e. walking distance the only difference is if your ship doesnt return to Ocean Terminal as planned i.e. unusual ship movements or port authority reason then your ship might dock at Mayflower and that is a long way from Triangle car park so a taxi would be needed so negates the saving on CPS. It is a gamble and things do go wrong we were once planned to return to Ocean and through a container ship breaking down blocking Ocean we had to disembark if you have booked with CPS or P4C then arrangements will be made for you to either taken to your car or for your car to be at the new terminal. Book with anyone else and your on your own.

I understand. There wasn’t actually much difference in price. I had a credit with Holiday Extras I needed to use up that’s why I booked triangle. Just have to hope nothing goes wrong.

Still confused. I thought we went to the Mayflower terminal, had the test, went to Ocean terminal, drop off luggage, drive to Triangle, park  and then walk back to the ship by which time hopefully the Covid result will be through and if negative, onwards and upwards.

Am I right??

Is it only those parking with CPS who go to Mayflower first because their test are done in their car ? 
I was thinking the same as yourself and the thought of having to move from one terminal to another was making me think I had made a mistake booking Triangle. 
We don’t go until September, I’m hoping it will be made clearer nearer the time ! 

Most information available seems to relate to CPS parking. 

If you look at the P&O page linked below, it states only CPS parking is to go to Mayflower Terminal for testing, all other direct to departure terminal as noted on e-ticket etc.

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/preparing-to-sail.

Might be best to clear up with P&O?

Edited by jaydee6969

On 7/18/2021 at 2:52 PM, smilesonfaces said:

I understand. There wasn’t actually much difference in price. I had a credit with Holiday Extras I needed to use up that’s why I booked triangle. Just have to hope nothing goes wrong.

I’m parking with Triangle too - as far as I understand the Ocean terminal is the only one big enough to accommodate Iona so hopefully we’ll be returning to the same one! 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

4 minutes ago, smilesonfaces said:

Good point. Even if a taxi was needed to another terminal it’s not really a problem. 

I’m definitely not going to worry about it 😎

I was in Southampton a couple of months ago and walked to see Iona as she was docked there. We walked right through Triangle car park, it’s literally a stone’s throw away! 😀😀

17 hours ago, shopaholic6 said:

I’m parking with Triangle too - as far as I understand the Ocean terminal is the only one big enough to accommodate Iona so hopefully we’ll be returning to the same one! 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Harmony of the Seas docks at City terminal and she is bigger than Iona! But it’s doubtful Iona wouldn’t return to her departure dock! 

1 hour ago, Glitterati said:

Harmony of the Seas docks at City terminal and she is bigger than Iona! But it’s doubtful Iona wouldn’t return to her departure dock! 

In very strong winds Iona might struggle to enter the dock at Ocean terminal, we had to dock at city terminal once when returning in strong winds on Britannia.

12 hours ago, debsjc said:

So is CPS still the most convenient for Britannia, or is Triangle easier? 

Triangle might be cheaper but is a little further to walk to Ocean Terminal than if you use CPS. The  reason I wouldnt use Triangle are there is always the worry that the ship might not return to Ocean Terminal at the end of the cruise so you might end up with either a long walk or a taxi to get to your car. Normally I use P4C unless free parking with CPS or on shorter cruises CPS seem to be in general cheaper than P4C.

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, debsjc said:

So is CPS still the most convenient for Britannia, or is Triangle easier? 

CPS is always the most convenient, as it is valet parking, so no transfers needed, and your car will be parked in a car park adjacent to the ship when you return.  It is kept in a secure onsite car park for the duration of your cruise.

If I don’t have a stay and cruise package with a hotel I would only use CPS.

others prefer self park options where they retain their own car keys.  Or services like P4 Cruises, where they meet you and then move your car. So really depends what suits you better.

Edited by Pink-belle
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

We used CPS for the first time last week and are very much impressed with the whole experience and will now be using them for all our future cruises why we didn’t use them before I will never know.

The major problem with CPS in the past has been that at busy times you often have to queue up before you are allowed to go to the drop off zone, this can add up to 30/40 minutes to your waiting time. Whereas with P4C you are allowed to go straight to the taxi drop off point from the gate, and although you then have to drive to the short stay car park after dropping off your luggage, both Ocean and Mayflower's short stay car parks are within 5 minutes walking time to the terminal, and for cruises longer than 6/7 nights they are usually quite a bit cheaper.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

The major problem with CPS in the past has been that at busy times you often have to queue up before you are allowed to go to the drop off zone, this can add up to 30/40 minutes to your waiting time. Whereas with P4C you are allowed to go straight to the taxi drop off point from the gate, and although you then have to drive to the short stay car park after dropping off your luggage, both Ocean and Mayflower's short stay car parks are within 5 minutes walking time to the terminal, and for cruises longer than 6/7 nights they are usually quite a bit cheaper.

Thanks for the info maybe I should check out both companies before I book again do they offer any discounts for multiple bookings 

A note on cps always used them and have been spot on .Anybody know what they do with a keycard for your car .Always had a key and attach tag but with a key card no way of attaching tag do they put it in a plastic bag or something?  

1 hour ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Thanks for the info maybe I should check out both companies before I book again do they offer any discounts for multiple bookings 

I might have a code for 5% off Parking4cruises somewhere. If you want it, let me know and I'll see if I can find it..

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Sorry had to respond, never ever had to wait, straight out of luggage collection with porter, across the road to key shed and into car. max 5 minutes.on all 11 cruises! Hello Avril  above ground but in a different world!