Covid19 on Celebrity Edge

myn

Wanted to share this with my friends on cruise critic first before the news media get a hold of this and spin it.. 

Despite a 95% vaccinated cruise ship, Captain Kate just announced that a vaccinated guest onboard Celebrity Edge tested positive for COVID 19 after reporting cold like symptoms to the medical center.  Thankfully, the rest of the family travelling  along with the passengers identified via contact tracing have all tested negative and have been put into isolation.  The infected guest has been quarantined in the medical center. 

Will keep peeps informed if the situation changes..

Edited by myn
Clarification
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Hopefully the family is quarantined in their cabin as it could take a few days for them to develop symptoms or test positive if they do at all. I believe CDC says they do not have to be quarantined but if I was a fellow cruiser, it wd make me feel safer. Very sad for them. Breakthrough infections happen and hopefully the guest is doing well. Pls keep us posted. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I’m on the sailing, Capt said they had symptoms and X initiated contact tracing protocols.

Keep us posted. I go in late January and am using it as a getaway from people...haha.....will be living on my balcony and only eating outside. And when I walk the halls or inside, will wear a mask. May be extreme for some but after 18 months of awful, feeling the sea breeze and communing with nature sounds like heaven!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I’m on the sailing, Capt said they had symptoms and X initiated contact tracing protocols.

We found the immediate testing and transparency of X reassuring. It’s going to happen from time to time (the positive tests, not the transparency). 

Praying that their symptoms don’t worsen, and that no one else in their party falls ill. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, FLCruiser97 said:

Are you guys wearing the tracelets on this ship?

No, honestly was wondering what the contact tracing protocols actually are, I would imagine those in the same stateroom and perhaps those who went on an excursion, not sure if they can check things like when people go to the fitness center, those who served them if it’s dining staff, etc

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, myn said:

Despite a 95% vaccinated cruise ship, Captain Kate just announced that a vaccinated guest onboard Celebrity Edge tested positive for COVID 19 after reporting cold like symptoms to the medical center.  Thankfully, the rest of the family travelling  along with the passengers identified via contact tracing have all tested negative and have been put into isolation.  The infected guest has been quarantined in the medical center. 

@myn Thank you for sharing.  Truly unfortunate for the affected family, but breakthrough infections happen.  It is very reassuring to see that the protocols in place are being followed and, more importantly, that they are working as intended. 

• Like 5

Just now, NutsAboutGolf said:

No, honestly was wondering what the contact tracing protocols actually are, I would imagine those in the same stateroom and perhaps those who went on an excursion, not sure if they can check things like when people go to the fitness center, those who served them if it’s dining staff, etc

I’d be willing to bet there’s plenty of data from the app. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

There are security cameras all over the ship, and they can certainly track our seapass trail. Ditto for any sign up lists for shared activities.

• Like 2

Just now, Silkroad said:

There are security cameras all over the ship, and they can certainly track our seapass trail. Ditto for any sign up lists for shared activities.

yes, I’m just not sure if they follow every step a person takes, would take a lot of time search the video footage specially for a person who goes to places that don’t require a card.  Buffet, fitness center, theatre, etc don’t require you to use a card 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

yes, I’m just not sure if they follow every step a person takes, would take a lot of time search the video footage specially for a person who goes to places that don’t require a card.  Buffet, fitness center, theatre, etc don’t require you to use a card 

True, though they could certainly follow DH and myself, as we order specialty coffee or adult bevs with every meal😂

I would think any person who was thoughtful enough to react to cold symptoms by getting tested would also provide the staff with as many close or frequent contacts as possible. I know I would.

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Which is why tracelets were introduced. With the automated electronic capture of everyone's position on an ongoing basis, they can quickly generate a report of what passengers have been within "x" metres of an infected passenger for "y" minutes or longer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1