The Daily for Thursday July 29, 2021

richwmn

Today is International Tiger Day, National Chicken Wing Day, and National Lipstick Day

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new -- Dan Millman"

Meal suggestion for today - Ham and Swiss Sliders

Drink of the Day - Cosmopolitan

Wine of the day - Bodega Burdigala Rueda Campo Elíseo Cuvée Alegre 2018

Destination of the Day - Ny Alesund Spitsbergen Norway

Ships with Passengers

Ketchikan
Nieuw Amsterdam 07:00 - 13:00

Ships without Passengers

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam Destination Los Angeles eta 8/3
Westerdam Destination La Paz MX

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

Great Stirrup Cay
Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

La Paz MX
Noordam Anchorage

Long Beach
Zuiderdam Anchorage

Piraeus GR
Eurodam Anchorage

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Venice IT
Rotterdam

0729World.thumb.png.a3b47cc831ebb41174aef21b4964b78f.png

• Like 32
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for the Thursday Daily, Rich.  Tigers are a great but endangered species.  I do enjoy chicken wings.  A salute to Chicken Wings and Nieuw Amsterdam getting a fresh supply.  I love the Millman quote.  Ny Alesund is a great port; I visited on Prinsendam in 2011.  Ham and Cheese Sliders sound nice.  My alternative is Fruit Cup Au Naturel, Chicken Consume Millefanti, and Roast Chicken Gremolata as served on MS Prinsendam July 29, 2011.

Today’s care list:

RIP FF Thomas Royds last alarm 7/24/21
RIP Hflors DH
RIP atexsix’s “adopted brother”
Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires
smitty34877's Miss Camilla in NICU(hopefully not long
DurangoScots shelter manager in hospital (but out of ICU}
Kazu’s friend with fall and brain bleed
bennybear DSIL infection
JazzyV recovering from eye surgery
Ger_77's friend facing mastectomy
Sharon’s mother having PET scan and prayers for a good result

Celebrations and Shoutouts

Nieuw Amsterdam in Ketchikan
Rotterdam “Coming out”

Front Line Health Care Workers
A new pool for Dfish
2-day countdown for CrazyForCats
St. Pete Cruiser on a road trip
Sam walking with cane
Welcome rain for durangoscots and lindaler
Cruising-along friend’s recovery from breakthrough Covid
Garlictown feeling better
Good news on Vict0riann’s cousin’s daughter
Smoke moderating for bennybear
Denise on her wilderness adventure
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 35
  • Thanks 4

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Welcome Rotterdam.  Someday, we'll sail on you.

Interesting collection of days - love chicken wings.  Tigers are magnificent.  I rarely wear lipstick.

Thought provoking quote.

The meal suggestion sounds good, but so do chicken wings.

I'd love a cosmo on a BHB.   Hope the wine is good too.

Alesund in a beautiful place, I'll see if I can find some pictures. 

Prayers to everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Stay safe.

• Like 23

Good morning everyone, thanks for putting today’s daily report together Rich.  Tigers are beautiful creatures and deserve their own day.  Chicken wings, yum.  The closest that I get to lipstick is chapstick in the winter, you go girls.  The quote is very good advice for initiating change.  The meal suggestion sounds very good today. Would have visited today’s port in May had our cruise sailed but will have to settle for today’s welcomed photos.  Prayers to everyone on our prayer list today, cheers to all celebrating happy events.

• Like 22

Good morning, everyone.

I'm hoping the thunder bumpers hold off until after my pool time.  We shall see.  Otherwise, the gardens will love it.  After the pool this morning, I have a pedicure scheduled.   It is so nice to be able to have my feet cared for.  

We decided that our Alaskan cruise in September is going to be all about pampering.  Sue and Donna are having pedicures while I am doing acupuncture.   They could only take two at at time for the pedicures, so they will have to just talk about me.  I also booked us the thermal suite.  That will be nice after a day of whale watching.  

Today's meal sounds like a good one for watching the Olympics or football this fall.  

https://damndelicious.net/2020/02/14/ham-and-swiss-sliders/

Ham-and-Swiss-SlidersIMG_1191.thumb.jpg.49e1b3f01b42e0b5cf37c20ccbbf5c92.jpg

Ham-and-Swiss-SlidersIMG_1199.thumb.jpg.62df4c077196dc530bca5446fd1c274f.jpg

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2

Happy Thursday.  Love Tigers, they are so beautiful.  Chicken wings are really good, and I don't own a tube of lipstick.  Haven't worn any since I was a teen.  And woohoo I board the Rotterdam in 156 days, 16 hrs. and 19 minutes.  LOL  I try to live the Millman quote everyday.  The meal sounds good, will have to go buy rolls.

Have never been to Norway, looking forward to the photo's.

Prayers and virtual hugs to our care list and a big 🍸toast to our celebrations.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.  Things are getting nasty again.

Cosmopolitan:

A cosmopolitan, or informally a cosmo, is a cocktail made with vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice, and freshly squeezed or sweetened lime juice. Wikipedia
Ingredients: 1 1/2 oz Vodka Citron, 1 oz Cranberry juice, 1/2 oz Cointreau, 1/2 oz Fresh lime juice
Preparation: Add all ingredients into cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and double strain into large cocktail glass. Garnish with lime wheel.
Served: Straight up; without ice
Standard garnish: Lemon slice, Lime wedge
Drinkware: Cocktail glass

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 7.37.31 AM.png

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Good morning everyone. I realized  the other day that I had worn no makeup,including  lipstick for a very long time. We are back to wearing masks inside so that will continue.

Yesterday was so sad for us as Camilla once again had difficulty  with her heart rate and her discharge  was canceled.  The Docs feel that she will eventually "outgrow " this as she gets to her original due date. 

My niece sent this picture last night.Camilla looks irate!

5076.jpeg

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning everyone. I realized  the other day that I had worn no makeup,including  lipstick for a very long time. We are back to wearing masks inside so that will continue.

Yesterday was so sad for us as Camilla once again had difficulty  with her heart rate and her discharge  was canceled.  The Docs feel that she will eventually "outgrow " this as she gets to her original due date. 

5076.jpeg

Sorry about the delay but I expect long term good news.

Roy

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Thursday smile 🙂 

What a great collection of days.  Chicken wings are perfect with soccer or the Olympics 😉  Tigers are beautiful and deserve their day, habitat and protection.

I love the quote by Millman.  That’s something I find I need to remember and work on.

The meal suggestion for today sounds good but it’s also chicken wing day.  Decisions, decisions, decisions 😉 

I was feeling blue yesterday so decided to walk around and try to find something to cheer me up.

My mountain hydrangea is staring to bloom and laden with flowers

715659FA-633D-4521-9C19-590AA376E65E.thumb.jpeg.07e06b70d509457fe4f7932b3db5ac9b.jpeg

FE8261BD-8468-42B4-9942-E7FC6E330F94.thumb.jpeg.4c9fc16adc4c91c587b25ff22c5481f5.jpeg

It’s challenging my other hydrangea for “best colour”

72CB8992-E2B3-434E-96A7-7963C411F3A1.thumb.jpeg.143cacde97fcdf46a762119380f779d0.jpeg

You can see them in the background behind the little dahlias.

D5CF44C1-0F86-4422-8ACD-B60AA492C44A.thumb.jpeg.35b67badda96b6460a991584072f33f8.jpeg

The garden is full of honey bees feeding on the flowers.

D4F9BFED-B352-48D4-926E-56275EE0D777.thumb.jpeg.a66d265f5a62e285bae661d14098361a.jpeg

And all my osteospermum are now blooming that I planted by seed 😄 

3EA440BF-F0C2-4E46-83FB-1D6ADDF67B4F.thumb.jpeg.2a7caf89cd3074527443e7324132b156.jpeg

Prayers for everyone the Care list and for those that need them and a toast to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Thursday everyone!

763819B6-36C5-47D5-B897-AA28BFCBBBD8.thumb.jpeg.7dcef25a0960671da300a3d05da32f7f.jpeg

Stay safe and don’t forget your 😷  

• Like 39
  • Thanks 1

A couple of random comments.  Remember the Ever Given, the monster container ship that got stuck in the Suez Canal.  There's a bit of a connection here.  Her destination was Rotterdam, and she finally arrived this morning.  I was about to speculate that she may have been carrying Nieuw Amsterdam's missing shops resupply, but see that has finally been taken care of.

For anyone who may not have seen it, I will recommend @GoHoward's live thread on Nieuw Amsterdam's first return voyage.  It has become my primary go to as it is quite good and very well focused on the voyage.

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

5076.jpeg

Aww, she’s so sweet.

Sorry her discharge was cancelled but it’s good to hear the doctors think she will outgrow her problem 🤞 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone!  A nice sunny morning today but a high of 95F expected so I won't be spending many minutes outdoors.  DH said something about lunch out today but it won't be OUTdoors for sure!  

A great Daily today @richwmnand thank you for the added info on the Rotterdam.  I hope to sail on her someday.  The lists @rafinmd are gaining some celebrations which is great news.  I'm sad that Baby Camilla has to wait a bit to come home but am certain she will overcome her heart rate issues.  Prayers and cheers for all listed today.  Meanwhile, the sliders look good @dfish.  Thanks for your contributions each day.  I'm not a fan of chicken wings because of the spicy heat of them so I'd rather have the sliders.  Tigers are fantastic, especially when they are your DGS's soccer team name!  🐅

In 2013 our Crown Princess cruise made it to the island of Svalbard and the town of Longyearbyen but we did not get into Ny Alesund.  So we would love to make a trip back way up north and investigate Ny Alesund and compare it to the barrenness of Longyearbyen.  Roy, do you have any photos to share with us?

• Like 25

1 minute ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Roy, do you have any photos to share with us?

Maybe this afternoon but I expect there will be a lot of other photos; not that rare a stop.  Rehab this morning.

Roy

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Thursday smile 🙂 

What a great collection of days.  Chicken wings are perfect with soccer or the Olympics 😉  Tigers are beautiful and deserve their day, habitat and protection.

I love the quote by Millman.  That’s something I find I need to remember and work on.

The meal suggestion for today sounds good but it’s also chicken wing day.  Decisions, decisions, decisions 😉 

I was feeling blue yesterday so decided to walk around and try to find something to cheer me up.

My mountain hydrangea is staring to bloom and laden with flowers

715659FA-633D-4521-9C19-590AA376E65E.thumb.jpeg.07e06b70d509457fe4f7932b3db5ac9b.jpeg

FE8261BD-8468-42B4-9942-E7FC6E330F94.thumb.jpeg.4c9fc16adc4c91c587b25ff22c5481f5.jpeg

It’s challenging my other hydrangea for “best colour”

72CB8992-E2B3-434E-96A7-7963C411F3A1.thumb.jpeg.143cacde97fcdf46a762119380f779d0.jpeg

You can see them in the background behind the little dahlias.

D5CF44C1-0F86-4422-8ACD-B60AA492C44A.thumb.jpeg.35b67badda96b6460a991584072f33f8.jpeg

The garden is full of honey bees feeding on the flowers.

D4F9BFED-B352-48D4-926E-56275EE0D777.thumb.jpeg.a66d265f5a62e285bae661d14098361a.jpeg

And all my osteospermum are now blooming that I planted by seed 😄 

3EA440BF-F0C2-4E46-83FB-1D6ADDF67B4F.thumb.jpeg.2a7caf89cd3074527443e7324132b156.jpeg

Prayers for everyone the Care list and for those that need them and a toast to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Thursday everyone!

763819B6-36C5-47D5-B897-AA28BFCBBBD8.thumb.jpeg.7dcef25a0960671da300a3d05da32f7f.jpeg

Stay safe and don’t forget your 😷  

Your photos of the flowers today are beautiful.  I love hydrangea color variations.  And your dahlias are magnificent.

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

A couple of random comments.  Remember the Ever Given, the monster container ship that got stuck in the Suez Canal.  There's a bit of a connection here.  Her destination was Rotterdam, and she finally arrived this morning.  I was about to speculate that she may have been carrying Nieuw Amsterdam's missing shops resupply, but see that has finally been taken care of.

For anyone who may not have seen it, I will recommend @GoHoward's live thread on Nieuw Amsterdam's first return voyage.  It has become my primary go to as it is quite good and very well focused on the voyage.

Roy

I agree.  He has some excellent photos from his trip so far.  He must be a photographer in his non-cruising life!  😉

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Your photos of the flowers today are beautiful.  I love hydrangea color variations.  And your dahlias are magnificent.

Aww, thanks 😊. Those are just the little dahlias in my planters built into the wall of the deck.

The big ones are just starting to open.

• Like 12

20 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

5076.jpeg

She’s so cute.Prayers for her continued good health and home soon.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1