App updated itself on my Android

Sea Hag

7 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

We’ve been able to make DMW reservations for our 3 cruises in the next 15 months & many of the pre-cruise options.

Are any of them B2B?  There is some kind of issue with access to DMW denied for guests with multiple linked voyages.  This situation is affecting us and have been waiting for a fix.  Although this issue is mentioned in the list of changes for the new release (Android 3.0.93251), I still get DMW not available and check back later.

35 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Go to Settings & then App Store to see this option:

34C5C638-0857-4EBE-A250-1190F7A44EB4.jpeg

Thanks and to a&t never would have thought of that. I looked at Medallion in general. Set it up, no need to keep checking 😀

Edited by Tedferg
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Are any of them B2B?  There is some kind of issue with access to DMW denied for guests with multiple linked voyages.  This situation is affecting us and have been waiting for a fix.  Although this issue is mentioned in the list of changes for the new release (Android 3.0.93251), I still get DMW not available and check back later.

None of our cruises are B2B and are individual 7-day cruises: Fall 2021 2022; Spring 2022.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

We have a b2b2b2b on the Sky this coming Nov/Dec, and are able to book DMW during all of those 4 cruises, at different times, and in different locations.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chrysalis said:

We have a b2b2b2b on the Sky this coming Nov/Dec, and are able to book DMW during all of those 4 cruises, at different times, and in different locations.

So are you saying your four cruises show up as four separate cruises on the Medallion app?  We had a B2B2B2B and it shows up on the app as a single cruise with one start date and one end date.  Also DMW does not work.  Says nothing is available. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, clueless2 said:

So are you saying your four cruises show up as four separate cruises on the Medallion app?  We had a B2B2B2B and it shows up on the app as a single cruise with one start date and one end date.  Also DMW does not work.  Says nothing is available. 

they show up as a single start and finish date, but are booked as a 14 day, plus a 7 day plus a 7 day.

24 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

they show up as a single start and finish date, but are booked as a 14 day, plus a 7 day plus a 7 day.

Ok.  Mine is the same.  I can book DMW for single days but not for the entire cruise(s) at one time.

Thanks for the response.

58 minutes ago, clueless2 said:

Ok.  Mine is the same.  I can book DMW for single days but not for the entire cruise(s) at one time.

Thanks for the response.

I cannot even get in to book the single days anymore.  When DMW was first released I could book our B2B2B dining.  When I did book set time for the whole voyage and went in to check it, I saw that Princess had setup a default 2-top at 5:00pm for all 25 nights and I had to delete those one day at a time.  I then noticed we had a 4-top for first two voyages,  but 6 and 8 tops for the last leg.  (We are sailing with friends and I set them up as travel companions and added for dining res).  After fiddling about, I managed to have the third leg at a 6-top for all of its days.  So a mix of 4 and 6 - so much for same-table, same-waiters.  That lasted until two releases back and then DMW has been completely unavailable (try back later).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I was able to book DMW on a b2b.  Unfortunately, I could pick dining room but not a table size.  I also have Club Class dining so not sure how this is going to play out with a table of 8.

I've seen it said that there's no change to club class. You just show up whenever, just like always. You'll have to let us know how that goes. We'll have club class in October, so curious on that.

2 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I've seen it said that there's no change to club class. You just show up whenever, just like always. You'll have to let us know how that goes. We'll have club class in October, so curious on that.

Yes, I am interested in this too.  I've had a few issues with Club Class dining, but nothing that would ruin my cruise.  Once or twice, I had to wait.  So started showing up when the doors opened.  In order to get a window table, the head waiter suggested that I show up 15 minutes before the doors opened.  Once I was unable to get my "usual" wait staff, but the head waiter made a table for us and had our guy serve that table (more work for him....and he was "rewarded" for making that evening pleasurable as always).  Once, I had dinner, went the the theater, and came back for dessert.  That was fun! Not sure how my 5:40 dinner reservations are going to work out.  I have a shake down 4 day cruise in October before my b2b later.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I could pick dining room but not a table size.  I also have Club Class dining so not sure how this is going to play out with a table of 8.

Where do you select Dining room ? We are just two people and on two cruises we were assigned dining room automatically. Also isn't Club Class in a single specific dining room ?

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I was able to book DMW on a b2b.  Unfortunately, I could pick dining room but not a table size.  I also have Club Class dining so not sure how this is going to play out with a table of 8.

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Yes, I am interested in this too.  I've had a few issues with Club Class dining, but nothing that would ruin my cruise.  Once or twice, I had to wait.  So started showing up when the doors opened.  In order to get a window table, the head waiter suggested that I show up 15 minutes before the doors opened.  Once I was unable to get my "usual" wait staff, but the head waiter made a table for us and had our guy serve that table (more work for him....and he was "rewarded" for making that evening pleasurable as always).  Once, I had dinner, went the the theater, and came back for dessert.  That was fun! Not sure how my 5:40 dinner reservations are going to work out.  I have a shake down 4 day cruise in October before my b2b later.

You should cancel your dining reservation as you are holding space OUTSIDE of Club Class area.  For CC, you just show up.  I have never had CC, but it wouldn't surprise me if you wanted a set 5:40pm table there every night, that they would accommodate.

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

Where do you select Dining room ? We are just two people and on two cruises we were assigned dining room automatically. Also isn't Club Class in a single specific dining room ?

You cannot select CC in the DMW function.  CC is normally Deck 6 mid-ship DR. 

Some posters who are on 2021 cruises have reported seeing multiple choices for the selected time slot.  In this case, you could select the DR if offered > 1 choice.

11 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You should cancel your dining reservation as you are holding space OUTSIDE of Club Class area.  For CC, you just show up.  I have never had CC, but it wouldn't surprise me if you wanted a set 5:40pm table there every night, that they would accommodate.

I understand your concerns.  But for the moment, I lack trust in Princess.  If I don't need the reservations in CC, then I will remove them for my following cruise.  At this moment, I don't want have to stand in line at 4:55 PM to get in on the first wave.  5:40 PM is a much better time for me.  

OK, I just got an Iphone and I am so scared to death.  I barely know how to use the darn thing.  I went to the app store and searched for medallion and hit the button, but where is it?  Ughhh  I guess time to pay the nephews to do it for me.  I can just see my husband so mad at me at the pier cause I can't run the darn phone!  Makes things very stressful.  I did buy a book.  

My question, is this safe with your CC info etc on there?  Girl at Verizon said the Iphone is safer than android.  

Reading these you guys are pros at this and know everything about everything.  I am hoping to be able to get on the ship.

We are not old, at least we don't think, 58 and 65, classy not classic yet!  Is this Princesses way to get rid of us?

7 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

I did and hit it but it didn't have the download like on the computer, is it instant?

Yes it’s instant.  It should show on your home screen. Swipe left to see if it went to a different page or into what apple calls the app library.  What iphone did you get.  It will help in explaining some processes.

1 hour ago, t&atravel said:

Yes it’s instant.  It should show on your home screen. Swipe left to see if it went to a different page or into what apple calls the app library.  What iphone did you get.  It will help in explaining some processes.

YOU are AWESOME.  I saw it.  I have the I Phone Pro Max 12...I did the most current so it would not be obsolete on me before the cruise!  Thank you for your help.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

You cannot select CC in the DMW function.  CC is normally Deck 6 mid-ship DR. 

Some posters who are on 2021 cruises have reported seeing multiple choices for the selected time slot.  In this case, you could select the DR if offered > 1 choice.

That makes sense, I like it when I understand things !