App updated itself on my Android

Sea Hag

I've been checking the version number every few days, since the thing has been so squirrelly. Been busy for the last several, so I hadn't looked. Checked it just now, comparing version on my phone to newest version in Play Store. I haven't done a manual remove then reinstall update since version 3.092xxx but now I have version 3.09351, the latest version. And yes, I'm absolutely sure of this. Don't know about iPhone. Don't know why your Android hasn't updated if it hasn't updated. All I know on this is that mine did do an automatic update as it should. There may be hope for this app yet.

Edited by Sea Hag
clarification
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I have 3.0.93251  and got it last week(?) IIRC.

Automatic update or manual remove and reinstall? Curious on how it's working for everybody. Hopefully, it'll do what it should do from here on out.

There is a setting somewhere on Android (I think it's in the Play Store settings) that let's you turn auto updates of apps on and off).  If it's turned off you have to manually update apps.  If it's on then they will automatically update (usually at night).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

Automatic update or manual remove and reinstall? Curious on how it's working for everybody. Hopefully, it'll do what it should do from here on out.

IIRC I just did an update when it showed up in my list of apps to update.

It didn't improve much for me. I still get WSOD when I try to access Health Status and DMW.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, clueless2 said:

There is a setting somewhere on Android (I think it's in the Play Store settings) that let's you turn auto updates of apps on and off).  If it's turned off you have to manually update apps.  If it's on then they will automatically update (usually at night).

I have updates OFF. Usually check a couple of times a week for new updates. I don't leave the internet on all the time - just a waste of battery for me.

4 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

Don't know about iPhone.

I have automatic updates for the Apple App Store & it updated 3 days ago to Version 3.1.4 on my iPhone & iPad.

Here are the fixes they’ve made however none of them fixed the problems that I’m experiencing.

FCCEDDFE-5779-4B0B-A6D4-D8655EFF4144.jpeg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I have automatic updates for the Apple App Store & it updated 3 days ago to Version 3.1.4 on my iPhone & iPad.

Thanks for the info about iPhone. Curious - have you been getting automatic updates before the last version? I've had to uninstall/reinstall on my Android.

20 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Thanks for the info about iPhone. Curious - have you been getting automatic updates before the last version? I've had to uninstall/reinstall on my Android.

You’re welcome…I do have automatic updates selected but also manually update my apps nightly so that’s how my previous updates have been installed.

The current update was automatically installed 3 days ago but hadn’t noticed it until you created this thread…thanks.

I first installed the MC app for Spring 2019 cruises & have never done an uninstall/install…only updates. We’ve been fortunate that our personal & booking information continues to be available. We’ve been able to make DMW reservations for our 3 cruises in the next 15 months & many of the pre-cruise options. Both Fall 2021 & 2022 cruises are going smoothly but have some issues for Discovery in Spring 2022. Since the MC app doesn’t even show Discovery as our ship, I’m waiting for future solutions to those problems…thankfully we have our important DMW reservations. 👍

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

I was "promised" an update for for Medallion Class App for Friday, July 30th from an Ocean Navigator.  No such deal.  I did (auto) get the 3.1.4.  Don't know if the promise was for iPhone or android.  Lucky android users...I guess. 

I have been logging on using my booking number.  Tried again today with email address. Same error message:  you need to obtain parent consent.  (Ha Ha...Parents have been long gone).

These are the instructions:

√  STEP 1:  Navigate to OceanReady "Travel Checklist"

√  STEP 2:  Select "Personal Information & Documents"

√  STEP 3:  Select "Passage Contract"

STEP 4:  Navigate to "Parental Consent". - I could not locate this step.  Went through entire Passage Contract.  Nothing to check.  But "found" something called Journey Travels?  What's that.  Instructions not clear.  I tried to fill it in the best that I could with arrival by private car.  

With or without update, still not able to pick boarding time.

Edited by cr8tiv1

3 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I have been logging on using my booking number.  Tried again today with email address. Same error message:  you need to obtain parent consent.  (Ha Ha...Parents have been long gone).

That stopping you dead at parental consent thing has to be the weirdest of all the weird things we've all seen with the app! I wish you the best of success in getting it sorted out.

• Haha 1

I downloaded the app today for the first time. I am able to fill in everything except boarding time( too early for 22 October cruise) and "I " haven't filled in health declaration form yet. In green lane.No problems so far, I'm using 3 year old android phone. UK.

Edited by ohnonotmeagain
Wrong cruise!!!!!!appears I've booked too many and can't keep up,haha
  • Like 1

I've started seeing a really serious issue - when I login with my eMail, it just shows DW's information and nothing for me (not even an icon to click on to enter my data). And it refuses to log me in if I enter the booking # and my name and DOB. Things were working fine as of yesterday - after I entered DW's information, I could see both hers and mine for several hours just fine. Another cruiser has reported on the round 3 thread for the app that they've started seeing basically the opposite problem - they can see their own information, but not DW's. I've called the 844-525-0942, and they just escalated the problem to the next support tier; hopefully they'll call me back as promised. 

Is anyone else seeing a similar problem?

33 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

No, I'm not. I'm still seeing both of ours. Sorry you're having problems!

Well, now it's definitely better, but still not right - it appears to have lost much of my info; I was able to reenter most of it, but it won't let me enter a payment method. It's showing my picture as DW's, and her passport as mine. Bizarre. Guess I'll try the support # again.

• Like 1

I have the version 3.092xx and just updated it to the version 3.0.93251. This version was released on July 24th. I have no problems with the app once I figured it out. I’m not a techie guy at all. But I was able to figure it out for myself. I have a Samsung S8 plus phone, I also downloaded the app on to my Samsung A7 tablet without any problems. I don’t know why these people who don’t cruise until next are getting their panties all twisted up, just wait a few months.  I use my booking number to get on the app

5 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

I don’t know why these people who don’t cruise until next are getting their panties all twisted up, just wait a few months.  I use my booking number to get on the app

I'm with you on this. We have a cruise coming up 8/29 and one 10/31 of this year. I haven't touched anything on the 10/31 cruise. One thing at a time.

I log into the app with the same email address and password that I do for the website.

42 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I'm with you on this. We have a cruise coming up 8/29 and one 10/31 of this year. I haven't touched anything on the 10/31 cruise. One thing at a time.

I log into the app with the same email address and password that I do for the website.

We have a cruise planned for June of 22 up to Alaska on the Crown, it's on the app already I haven't done anything with it, why should I it's not for another 11 months. Maybe I should go in and reserve my table for dinner, LOL!

The last time I tried to use my e-mail to log on the the app with my my Princess log in it wouldn't work. I'll have play around with it.

52 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

I don’t know why these people who don’t cruise until next are getting their panties all twisted up, just wait a few months. 

What makes you think it will get fixed in a few months if you don't complain? The Medallions and the app have been out for over two years, and it's still pathetically buggy. I strongly suspect the only way to convince them that it's worth spending the money to fix it is if a large number of customers complain.

• Like 1