Flying home on a private jet

stavy

10 minutes ago, stavy said:

Under what circumstances would you need to fly home in a private jet?  And who pays for that?

anyone know?

Through October 31, Celebrity has committed to transporting passengers who test positive for SARS-CoV-2 home via private air ambulance at the company’s expense. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, runningtide said:

What does Celebrity consider “home”. Many passengers had to fly to FLL to board from other states, or for that matter , other countries. 

Home is home.  Are there any other passengers sailing on the Edge right now not from the States?

2 hours ago, stavy said:

Under what circumstances would you need to fly home in a private jet?  And who pays for that?

anyone know?

The medical evacuation provision of travel insurance will fly you home in an air ambulance after you have received initial care in the nearest appropriate hospital. If you require a higher level of care or extended care, you may be evacuated if the attending physician, receiving physician, and the insurance company concur.

If you do not have insurance, you pay for it or stay where you are.

It is nothing like the assistance provided by Royal and Celebrity in the current situation. Testing positive in itself is not a medical emergency requiring air evac.

What if you drove to the port?   I drive from MI to Fl.   Are they going to fly me home on a private jet and leave my car at th terminal? 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

1 minute ago, miched said:

What if you drove to the port?   I drive from MI to Fl.   Are they going to fly me home on a private jet and leave my car at th terminal? 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Yes according to previous reports.

1 hour ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Not sure what else you’d expect. Fly you to the port so you can drive across the US potentially infecting those you come in contact with? Or put you in isolation at the port city for 10 days?

not a lot of good options is there. Get vaccinated snd hope you aren’t the very very low probable one to test positive. 

den

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Not sure what else you’d expect. Fly you to the port so you can drive across the US potentially infecting those you come in contact with? Or put you in isolation at the port city for 10 days?

not a lot of good options is there. Get vaccinated snd hope you aren’t the very very low probable one to test positive. 

den

We are vaccinated but that doesn’t guarantee that you won’t test positive.

Our neighbor is a nurse.  She and a lot others at the hospital where she works got very sick during Jan 2020.   They didn’t know what it was.  Later they discovered it was from Covid.   When vaccinations were available she got both.   This May she tested positive.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

18 minutes ago, miched said:

Our neighbor is a nurse.  She and a lot others at the hospital where she works got very sick during Jan 2020.   They didn’t know what it was.  Later they discovered it was from Covid.   When vaccinations were available she got both.   This May she tested positive.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

According to the latest communications from Celebrity, if your neighbor tests positive, she can't cruise.  

There are no guarantees....well....for anything in life.

2 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

And so did a good Dr friend who was vaccinated, but the medical personnel are exposed to much higher levels of Delta COVID. And even realizing not all fully vaccinated infections are reported, the level of infections of vaccinated is 0.008%.So yes, possible, but not even close to probable. 

So worrying about having to fly back to get your car because you tested positive after you recover/finish isolation is not something to worry about. 

Again, this is a continuing Pandemic…..a Pandemic of the Unvaccinated. I’d be much more ‘worried’, no Angry, about those around us who won’t get vaccinated. Even my highly allergic friends have been vaccinated under Dr oversight, so the excuses are more than minimally rational. 

Den