Deployment 2023-24 booking season begins

13 minutes ago, aunursa said:

On April 8, 2024 a total solar eclipse will be visible in Mazatlan. Perhaps RCI is fine-tuning the ship schedule(s) for this event.

Is there, now? Well, DH's birthday is on the 10th... Sounds like a plan!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Thank you - found it - should have read this earlier - all suites are booked.  We usually like Jr or better - deciding if deck 9 spacious balcony is worth it - but good price, except for crazy taxes and fees

Yes, the cost of going through the canal, is not cheap!

Susan

On 3/21/2022 at 5:05 PM, ONECRUISER said:

16 nite Radiance threw PC was lot Cheaper then other 3 Royal Ships/Sailings inc the 15n Radiance

Port charges for the 16 nite are almost $900, guessing most of that is for Canal. Any idea if the ship goes through the new or old canal? We have a Balcony on  deck 9 on hold right now for $3500, Just held it today when one opened up. Balconies look hard to find on that sailing. Does anyone know when that itinerary became available to book?

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Port charges for the 16 nite are almost $900, guessing most of that is for Canal. Any idea if the ship goes through the new or old canal? We have a Balcony on  deck 9 on hold right now for $3500, Just held it today when one opened up. Balconies look hard to find on that sailing. Does anyone know when that itinerary became available to book?

We booked ours March 9th when it first became available. You may want to contact a TA and see if you can get a group rate for this cruise, it was a little less and they may have a better Balcony location if you are looking to change cabins. 

14 minutes ago, MCEaton said:

We booked ours March 9th when it first became available. You may want to contact a TA and see if you can get a group rate for this cruise, it was a little less and they may have a better Balcony location if you are looking to change cabins. 

I contacted my  regular travel agent and they didn't have anything on hold.......This balcony did however became available this morning on their site so I'm just holding it for now.

Cabin is on deck 9 about 10 or 12 cabins behind the hump on port side........So location really isn't that bad. Category 2B.

41 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Which Canal, don't know. Might be some PC site showing new/old. My Booking isnt as much with one passenger/Tax and SOLO 340+ ...And defiantly lot cheaper then the Serenade PC I have Booked this Fall, my discounts on Radiance are also higher percent. 

34 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I contacted my  regular travel agent and they didn't have anything on hold.......This balcony did however became available this morning on their site so I'm just holding it for now.

Cabin is on deck 9 about 10 or 12 cabins behind the hump on port side........So location really isn't that bad. Category 2B.

We are on deck 8, forward 4D catagory. Did you ask your TA for group rates? Some TA's don't mention it you have to ask in order to get it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Which Canal, don't know. Might be some PC site showing new/old. My Booking isnt as much with one passenger/Tax and SOLO 340+ ...And defiantly lot cheaper then the Serenade PC I have Booked this Fall, my discounts on Radiance are also higher percent. 

Found a link to some amazing pictures of the new locks being built............you can see in some of the back ground where the original locks are at.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3664317/Expanding-Panama-Canal-Incredible-pictures-world-s-famous-waterway-transformed-5-5bn-project-features-locks-weighing-4-200-tonnes-4-4million-cubic-meters-concrete.html

Now when looking at what that just built makes you wonder though how in the heck they built the original one with no machinery like the have now. Just makes it more amazing.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

These look fantastic!

Definitely a change from the typical Royal itineraries. 

I'll be interested to see what's offered for the rest of the season. Those were the only two that they loaded.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Found a link to some amazing pictures of the new locks being built............you can see in some of the back ground where the original locks are at.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3664317/Expanding-Panama-Canal-Incredible-pictures-world-s-famous-waterway-transformed-5-5bn-project-features-locks-weighing-4-200-tonnes-4-4million-cubic-meters-concrete.html

Now when looking at what that just built makes you wonder though how in the heck they built the original one with no machinery like the have now. Just makes it more amazing.

Amazing, thanks for the information.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FionaMG said:

There are couple of test loads up for Rhapsody. Southern Caribbean and Panama.

image.thumb.png.cfdee91d754b607dbefdac5f7a90d8dd.png

image.thumb.png.a6e83ff645d5f5c7bf8aa04684aaa7bd.png

I guess that Christmas Cruise blew up the system with prices at $2000 per person for an inside cabin for 7 nights.........because it will not load now on Royals site.

37 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I guess that Christmas Cruise blew up the system with prices at $2000 per person for an inside cabin for 7 nights.........because it will not load now on Royals site.

They've probably taken it down again because the release isn't due until next week. Barbados/Panama week of March 28th. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

@Jimbo, I had checked that 16 day cruise - lots and lots of balconies for 3 people.  Maybe your regular TA could convince Royal to release your choice to you to book for 2.   Worth a try!

Edited by ocean sounds

1 hour ago, ocean sounds said:

@Jimbo, I had checked that 16 day cruise - lots and lots of balconies for 3 people.  Maybe your regular TA could convince Royal to release your choice to you to book for 2.   Worth a try!

Interesting, how weird is that? How many people are going to book a cabin for 3 people. Really would you take a child on a 16 night cruise during the school year?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Interesting, how weird is that? How many people are going to book a cabin for 3 people. Really would you take a child on a 16 night cruise during the school year?

I totally agree.  Strange that all of those they are blocked for less than 3 people.  Could possibly be a programming mistake, 

4 minutes ago, ocean sounds said:

I totally agree.  Strange that all of those they are blocked for less than 3 people.  Could possibly be a programming mistake, 

Eventually this will change and they will  open up those cabins for 2...........the question is though, keep what I  have or  wait it out................but the chance is when they open of those up will the price go up ALOT more then I'm paying now?

Right now I have the hold until the 30th to make up my  mind.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Anyone have an idea where Explorer and Jewel are going after Oct 2023? They.are the only ones not accounted for from Nov 2023 onwards assuming that Navigator is staying in LA.

I've been watching those too. We're still missing SJ departures so one or both may be headed there. I wonder if there might be a snowbird type cruise for Jewel out of Cape Liberty after that last fall foliage cruise.

Also, next week's release is supposed to be for "Barbados/Panama". Would Rhapsody do both, given that the test release has her in the Panama area?

• Like 2