Live from Majestic Princess - August 15, 2021

WAussieSFO

On 8/13/2021 at 4:45 AM, caribill said:

Another dining room question:

The app asks if you want slow, medium or fast service at dinner.

Did your dinner service end up being at the speed you had selected?

Honestly I don't think it really made any difference by making that preference on the app. I felt like dinner service was at the same pace that it has always been in past years. Your waiter always knows how to read your body language and always in my experience the speed of your dinner has just simply been based off of how quickly you tend to eat or not. They know when to start collecting the next course from the galley.

2 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We saw the Future Cruise Consultant. There were several people wanting to stay on. Then I spoke with the Administration Manager. There are no CBP or immigration requirements and we can even go into Seattle on turnaround day if we want to. 

I'm soooooo jealous!!!! I definitely would have stayed on an extra week if I didn't have to do this little thing call work 🤦‍♀️. Children can teach themselves right?!?! 😂

• Like 3

11 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Thank you!  Yes we are, but just around the corner. Already touched base with the new cabin steward and it should be fast and easy.  

When I've stayed on board for multiple cruises high mainly stay in the same cabin but I've had times where I would be booked in a different cabin. They make it so extremely easy of a transition. They pretty much just collect all your things put it on a bell cart and transfer everything into your new room. And I love that you don't have to fully pack up because anything hanging in the closet they'll just rehang in your new cabin for you. Super convenient.

20 minutes ago, dchip said:

@PescadoAmarillo So sorry you can’t visit with your Mom but glad you made the best of a sad situation. I am assuming you got your dining table assignment more to your liking! 🤗 Did you book another balcony?

Cheers and Bon Voyage,

Denise

Thank you Denise. This will be interesting, because our new cruise only appeared in our Medallion app late last night. So I selected same time, same dining room for dinner every night. Does that mean we’ll get a traditional dining experience? I have no idea. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We saw the Future Cruise Consultant. There were several people wanting to stay on. Then I spoke with the Administration Manager. There are no CBP or immigration requirements and we can even go into Seattle on turnaround day if we want to. 

Congratulations! We are on Sept 5th &12th sailings in the same cabin. Would you please post you experience on turn around day? Thanks!

3 minutes ago, SBaker5080 said:

I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked. But Is there a nightclub on the Majestic? If so, is it a popular place at night? I read there was, but cannot see it on any deck plans. 

The DJ sets up a whole thing up in the Hollywood conservatory with all the pretty colored lights. Just no dance floor but there is some live music up there which is being used as their so-called club. Because there's no official club like skywalkers or club 6 on  particular trip.

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

They did last year. 🙈

Unfortunately I didn't have it in my heart to do that to my little kiddos. I was one of those that gave a thousand percent of myself and dedicated myself to making sure they all succeeded. It did prove to pay out at the end of the year, with the rough year we had. Which is why it's safe to say I've earned my right to all the cruises in the world that I want to go on.  🥰

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 13
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, trbarton said:

Question….How soon prior to your cruise were you able to pick your boarding group time?  I’ve seen various answers so I’m curious what happened with you.  

Thanks!

Tom😀

I've wondered this question often, but rarely is it answered.  Thanks.

7 hours ago, geoherb said:

The people on the roll call for my cruise on August 22 reported being able to start picking their boarding groups on June 23, which was 60 days before our cruise. I did not book the cruise until the end of July, so I missed out on getting Group A. Plus I had to call because the app wasn't working correctly on my phone at the time. A rep was able to get me in Group B. This should work out with my flight if everything is on time.

Funny, how Princess can send me an auto email to let me know that EZAir is now ready for booking (cruise is summer 2022), but can't send an email to Elites/Suites/Platinum to let them know when arrival bookings will become available.  So another number is tossed into the hat.  Which is is?  60, 45, 30?????  Still waiting.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I've wondered this question often, but rarely is it answered.  Thanks.

Funny, how Princess can send me an auto email to let me know that EZAir is now ready for booking (cruise is summer 2022), but can't send an email to Elites/Suites/Platinum to let them know when arrival bookings will become available.  So another number is tossed into the hat.  Which is is?  60, 45, 30?????  Still waiting.  

I want to see if I can recall the arrival booking opening window may have been like a month prior to my sailing. You just got it and try daily unfortunately until everyone really knows when that window will become available. For my next upcoming sailing I will admit I do check multiple times a day just because I don't want to miss you opportunity to pick the earliest possible boarding time.

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeter02 said:

Honestly I don't think it really made any difference by making that preference on the app. I felt like dinner service was at the same pace that it has always been in past years. Your waiter always knows how to read your body language and always in my experience the speed of your dinner has just simply been based off of how quickly you tend to eat or not. They know when to start collecting the next course from the galley.

That is certainly true when you are the only ones at your table.

But if you are seated with others the courses are served at the speed of the slowest eater.

I would have hoped that by specifying slow,medium,fast that a group put together by Princess would have all checked the same speed.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, caribill said:

But if you are seated with others the courses are served at the speed of the slowest eater.

I would have hoped that by specifying slow,medium,fast that a group put together by Princess would have all checked the same speed.

Ahh yes that would make sense, and would be very nice. Years ago if I was ever seated with others (which I no longer ever do) I use to tell the waiter and ask if they could kindly me order and serve me on the faster dude as I had activities planned for the evening. They were ways so accommodating. I also would inform my table mates to please except my apologies on the first night, as i had events to attend to please not be offended. They have always been understanding.

5 hours ago, tutuwahineLV said:

Morning Tom,  we didn't book this till late July, and I think it was a week later that I got the app loaded and working, so... 3 weeks out, maybe.  

Thanks to every for their reply’s. I had heard 60 days mentioned before so on the 31st of this month I’ll check plus check regularly. 

Thanks again!

Tom😀👍

1 hour ago, caribill said:

This used to happen when we had traditional seating. 1 person always ordered 2 appetizers, soup salad. We only have an appetizer entree dessert so that really slowed us up sitting and watching him eat. Now we just eat with our friends we sail with

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Thanks to every for their reply’s. I had heard 60 days mentioned before so on the 31st of this month I’ll check plus check regularly. 

Thanks again!

Tom😀👍

And you are not checking regularly now?  I check multiple times during the day...just in case.  Always the same sad message.  One day, I will be surprised.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

And you are not checking regularly now?  I check multiple times during the day...just in case.  Always the same sad message.  One day, I will be surprised.

I am not going to let an app run my life. I will wait and hope the app gets better

• Like 1

9 hours ago, geoherb said:

The people on the roll call for my cruise on August 22 reported being able to start picking their boarding groups on June 23, which was 60 days before our cruise. I did not book the cruise until the end of July, so I missed out on getting Group A. Plus I had to call because the app wasn't working correctly on my phone at the time. A rep was able to get me in Group B. This should work out with my flight if everything is on time.

Thanks for the info.   I just booked a couple days ago for a cruise in two weeks and was able to select Group A, but the next day all the info had disappeared, and was demoted to B, 12:00-12:15. 🤷🏻‍♀️  Next evening, I was able to change back to Group A, 11:30-11:45 arrival.  

Booking so late in the game, figured I could end up in the late group. 

• Like 1

I am on the 9/19 sailing but didn't book until 60 days out.  I was having difficulty with the arrival times as my wife and I are driving to the ship.  I kept getting rejected for several days until I selected a later arrival time. I finally hit on an arrival time of 12:30 and succesfully was granted Arrival Group C.  Patience and perseversance pays off.  I wish the app would have simply said that Group A was full and Group B was full instead of just rejecting me.  No matter what, we are still looking forward to the cruise.  Have fun all you 8/15 sailors.

4 minutes ago, PapaBearToo said:

I am on the 9/19 sailing but didn't book until 60 days out.  I was having difficulty with the arrival times as my wife and I are driving to the ship.  I kept getting rejected for several days until I selected a later arrival time. I finally hit on an arrival time of 12:30 and succesfully was granted Arrival Group C.  Patience and perseversance pays off.  I wish the app would have simply said that Group A was full and Group B was full instead of just rejecting me.  No matter what, we are still looking forward to the cruise.  Have fun all you 8/15 sailors.

Last minute booker here for the 8/29 Majestic cruise.  App was glitchy initially, couldn’t select any group.    At one point I did receive a “group full” message, only to book that group anyway,  the following day.  

41 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

Thanks for the info.   I just booked a couple days ago for a cruise in two weeks and was able to select Group A, but the next day all the info had disappeared, and was demoted to B, 12:00-12:15. 🤷🏻‍♀️  Next evening, I was able to change back to Group A, 11:30-11:45 arrival.  

Booking so late in the game, figured I could end up in the late group. 

39 minutes ago, PapaBearToo said:

32 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

Last minute booker here for the 8/29 Majestic cruise.  App was glitchy initially, couldn’t select any group.    At one point I did receive a “group full” message, only to book that group anyway,  the following day.  

Boy, that there app works great, don't it?🤪

• Haha 2