Live from Majestic Princess - August 15, 2021

WAussieSFO

For anyone interested in knowing the AQI for any location in the US, the app I used above is called AirNow (Android). I used this app extensively in the Puget Sound area during a couple of our absolutely miserable air quality summers. Keep in mind that the AQI can be good at ground level but there may be smoke that creates haze but is far too high to smell!

Hey Everyone - Sailing on 09/19, but curious if the Lotus Spa will do their usual sail away raffle in the gym. If any of you are able to confirm if the raffle happens and what they end up offering as their raffle special, I'd appreciate it! The deals are usually excellent. Curious if they offer anything good for y'all. 

57 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Just a change from what I had previously posted (which was true at the time)…in transits are now being tested in the medical center on board at 8:30am tomorrow (turnaround day). 

Oh that's not too terrible they're doing in a medical center. At least it's not like you have to redo it while you're in the terminal or something.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2021 at 6:41 PM, PescadoAmarillo said:

We just added this cruise this morning, when other travel plans fell through. But we had checked late yesterday and, because we are in transit guests on the current Majestic Princess cruise, we did not need the  testing that new guests are going through, which I took as a  reassurance that things are doing well on board. 

Okay....how did you do this?  I just called Princess (minutes before they closed for the weekend).  Very helpful representative.  She told me that the b2b change came in a week ago.  I would ONLY be allow to book a b2b IF I REMAINED IN THE SAME CABIN.  Of course, my cabin is not available for the second leg.  I could possibly wait until final payment for that cruise to see if someone cancelled the cruise.  She was one of those "great" phone reps that you run across occasionally.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Okay....how did you do this?  I just called Princess (minutes before they closed for the weekend).  Very helpful representative.  She told me that the b2b change came in a week ago.  I would ONLY be allow to book a b2b IF I REMAINED IN THE SAME CABIN.  Of course, my cabin is not available for the second leg.  I could possibly wait until final payment for that cruise to see if someone cancelled the cruise.  She was one of those "great" phone reps that you run across occasionally.  

Princess answered about ‘testing’ for B2B in their FAQ’s quite awhile ago. Surprised to hear @PescadoAmarillowas told they would not be tested for for B2B passenger.

Princess says they allow B2B and unless recently updated, does not say anything about needing to be in the same cabin for next leg. Cabins are sanitized for the next guest according to updated protocols. Possibly would be helpful to cleaning crew if not required as deep cleaning if same guests staying in next voyage.

The FAQ also answered Princess will test at no cost to the passenger(s) the required Covid test(PCR or antigen) to allow passenger to return to their destination, if needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I think she told you wrong!!! Wife and I are doing b2b2b2b...starting oct 27th.

we have the  first staterooms together then move two the last stateroom

18 minutes ago, alanasgpa said:

I think she told you wrong!!! Wife and I are doing b2b2b2b...starting oct 27th.

we have the  first staterooms together then move two the last stateroom

Was that "yesterday's" policy?  I believe you.  Princess seems to change the rules all the time.  I can't do anything until Monday (Princess is closed on Sunday).  Manana.  If it is meant to be, then it will all work out.  Thank you to everyone who have verified that it can be done.

14 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Just a change from what I had previously posted (which was true at the time)…in transits are now being tested in the medical center on board at 8:30am tomorrow (turnaround day). 

Enjoy your next journey!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MustangGT said:

Ah, the inconsistencies of Princess!

We had a cruise booked for December and decided last week to add another but our original cabin was not available for the second cruise.  We had to change cabins so we would be in the same cabin for both cruises.  
Hopefully, you will be able to book B2B in the cabin(s) you want. 😁

Same thing happened to us on our September 5th & 12th sailings .Got a call from Princess telling me we had to be in the same cabin for back to backs. Rep was very nice and a had a couple of cabins to choose from. Not our ideal location but on the bright side we don't have to change cabins.

• Like 1

Cre8tiv1, I’m sorry you were stymied in your attempt to do exactly what we just did. I know exactly how frustrating that is (ie DH gets service on his cell phone in some remote location and starts wildly interneting, and I get nothing on my phone, for no plausible reason, and stand there watching him).

We really didn’t know what the previously stated rules were, but had heard on board that B2Bs were starting to be allowed. When travel plans I had for next week changed, DH decided to talk with the Future Cruise Consultant. She told us there was one balcony cabin still available on our current deck (easier for moving between cruises). Staying in our current cabin was not even an option. 

I wish you similar luck when you try again. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

We were able to book a B2B in different cabins.(three weeks ago)We had one already booked and decided to add second week once it was allowed. However, my husband didn't want to change cabins so we found one available on both cruises and changed locations for both the cruises.

• Like 1

Bon Voyage! Happy Boarding Day! 

I am sailing in September on this cruise.  Being a self-diagnosed over planner, over worrier, and over thinker, I was wondering if after you have successfully boarded today could post about your Covid Test?  Where & When did you go? How long did it take to get your results? What test was it, and how much did it cost? 

I really need to get a grip on this before my cruise.

Thank you so much, and have a wonderful voyage.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cruiser1956 said:

Bon Voyage! Happy Boarding Day! 

I am sailing in September on this cruise.  Being a self-diagnosed over planner, over worrier, and over thinker, I was wondering if after you have successfully boarded today could post about your Covid Test?  Where & When did you go? How long did it take to get your results? What test was it, and how much did it cost? 

I really need to get a grip on this before my cruise.

Thank you so much, and have a wonderful voyage.

Check this thread out: 

That's pretty much all they're talking about.

Not sure if it has been posted on the previous Live From Majestics, but perhaps some one could stop by the gym and get a copy of the Fitness CLass schedule - Pathway to Yoga, Spin, Boot Camp, TRX, etc. Also, does the Majestic have rowing machines?

Thanks! We cruise in September and that is one of the first things I check out after boarding.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

Can you order flowers for your cabin ?

I tried to for a late November cruise - not available

I was told by a Princess rep several months ago that they have yet to contract a floral supplier, hence no ability to pre-order.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

I had thought that they stopped that several years ago to prevent unwanted bugs from coming on board

Pre-pandemic, you could bring your own flowers on, and your steward might even be able to snag a vase for you. However, you can't take them off of the ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SportsFanatic said:

Actually, it is all BS. What is the purpose of being tested and then flying out the next day in an airport with hundreds of other people and then on a plane with all these other people. A negative test 72 hours before sailing is just irrelevant

Actually, it is not BS. It is Covid. What is BS is all the people who thought getting vaccinated was BS.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1